• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone here ITK on mobile phones

As Milo said, if you don't want anything flash why not go for the S5 mini? I have an iPhone S6 plus for personal use and an S5 mini for work. The S5 feels tiny in comparison, but it's a capable phone and light years in front of a Blackbery Curve!

The Samsung S5 mini is what I will most likely go for by the end of November if there is no S6 available, or even a release date by then, I would stay with Blackberry if Virgin still offered them but then again what apps I would need/download/use are no longer available for it, most companies only cater for iOS, Android operating systems nowadays as you know, and a few Windows if you want a Microsoft phone.

Thanks for all these suggestions though guys.

Very happy with my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. But definitely needs one of these covers

edge_nh_0002_edit_merged__1.jpg

As Milo said, if you don't want anything flash why not go for the S5 mini? I have an iPhone S6 plus for personal use and an S5 mini for work. The S5 feels tiny in comparison, but it's a capable phone and light years in front of a Blackbery Curve!
My wife has an iPhone 5 and I'm looking to upgrade it. Is the S5 mini much of an improvement? At a brief glance many specs seem the same.

My wife has an iPhone 5 and I'm looking to upgrade it. Is the S5 mini much of an improvement? At a brief glance many specs seem the same.

I suppose it depends on what you need from a phone. The camera is definitely better, the speed is marginally quicker. Of course she would be moving from iOS to Android and that brings with it a whole host of options that the iPhone doesn't have. Equally I think the iPhone feels a lot more premium in the hand. In short I'd say if I were offered either I would take the Galaxy based on the camera. And that's from an iPhone fan!

I suppose it depends on what you need from a phone. The camera is definitely better, the speed is marginally quicker. Of course she would be moving from iOS to Android and that brings with it a whole host of options that the iPhone doesn't have. Equally I think the iPhone feels a lot more premium in the hand. In short I'd say if I were offered either I would take the Galaxy based on the camera. And that's from an iPhone fan!
Thanks.

Doesn't look like there's much out there that's a massive upgrade without increasing size though - that might be a problem.

size increase has certainly been an annoyance, each time Apple have stepped it up my thought process preceding launch has been "this is perfect, I don't want a bigger phone", two weeks later though it "wow, I love this bigger screen, and the increased battery life is amazing"

That's the Full size Sony Z5 review not the compact, no release date yet for the compact version, or if there is I haven't seen it yet.

Seriously interested @milo. My Daughter's partner has the compact Z4 and I do like the improved camera on this one which will get used, good overall size, 2 days battery life and waterproof are also in its favour, and plenty of Android apps that may be of use to me due to the................ "Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop), planned upgrade to v6.0 (Marshmallow)" operating system,......WOW that has convinced me! LOL (who the hell thinks up these names?)

Could well be my first Sony mobile phone since about 1991 even though I said in my original post I did not fancy the current Sony's that I saw, including the aforementioned Z4 compact, but this...this i like!

Seriously interested @milo. My Daughter's partner has the compact Z4 and I do like the improved camera on this one which will get used, good overall size, 2 days battery life and waterproof are also in its favour, and plenty of Android apps that may be of use to me due to the................ "Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop), planned upgrade to v6.0 (Marshmallow)" operating system,......WOW that has convinced me! LOL (who the hell thinks up these names?)

Could well be my first Sony mobile phone since about 1991 even though I said in my original post I did not fancy the current Sony's that I saw, including the aforementioned Z4 compact, but this...this i like!
It might be worth checking whether the charging port is waterproof or if it's under a flap.

As there's no wireless charging, a flap will become non-waterproof reasonably quickly. The Tablet Z has a couple of charging pins on the side so that you can charge day to day by sliding it into a dock - the phone doesn't seem to have anything like that.

Good point Scara, but while being 'waterproof' is in its favour it's not essential, it will have a case as well on it for added protection, if they are made for it yet or is it too soon I wonder?

I ordered a lenovo vibe shot from china a couple of months ago, it had a dud battery so I've sent it back. Think I am going to ask for a replacement rather than a refund. Thought I would still ask though what phone you guys would go for, for up to about ~£250

Was drawn to the vibe shot because of it's looks and dedicated camera shutter button. Also seems to be much of a muchness with phone specs at the mo. I know 4g won't work on o2 but I've survived this far without 4g so don't feel too bothered.

Good point Scara, but while being 'waterproof' is in its favour it's not essential, it will have a case as well on it for added protection, if they are made for it yet or is it too soon I wonder?

I order my phone cases from aliexpress and there are a fair few available for the z5 compact. for about £3 a pop it's not a huge gamble quality wise.

This is the phone I've ordered, I originally ordered the red one but tempted to ask for a black/silver one instead.. what you think?

gsmarena_010.jpg

#firstworldproblems

The fact you even considered red in the first place is very worrying!

Looks nice and compact though from the photos, or is that an illusion?

It's got a 5 inch screen and is slightly bigger than my nexus 4 I think.

Don't want a phone any bigger, nice pocketable size for me too!

Back