• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Nusa

Son has started most of the games at LWF. I don't think that's his best role and I have some concerns about his fit to the system in that role. But I wouldn't say anyone half decent would just start out there. We also have Solomon, who at the very least is half decent. Neither is a "void"?

He's 18 without a ton of first team experience even in Belgium. Seemingly going somewhere where he's more likely to start most of the time. Seems like an understandable decision. I don't think that says anything negative about us.

Sons played 12 as cf and 8 as lwf this season according to transfermarkt.

Is that really tough competition, really? If hes not already at least at their levels then i'm not interested tbh because I don't consider our wide options to be of good quality.
A lot of really excellent players haven't been quite at that level at 18. Including players that have been excellent for us.

Maddison is arguably our best attacking player now. Was he good enough at 18 to get regular starts for a CL chasing PL team?

A lot of really excellent players haven't been quite at that level at 18. Including players that have been excellent for us.

Maddison is arguably our best attacking player now. Was he good enough at 18 to get regular starts for a CL chasing PL team?
No
But we were sniffing around him then
We tried to sign him on deadline day when he was 18/19 before he went to Norwich

This season Son has started the majority of his games in the centre not out wide, (12 Vs 7). I also think the later 5 games he likely only played there as Ange was getting prepared for him going away so he had Richie start as CF to be ready to takeover.

Regarding his performances he's been mostly poor out wide. He had a lot of games where he was barely involved and got very few shooting chances. I'd honestly rather not play him there, he doesn't appear to have the legs for it anymore from what we've seen over this season and the previous 2.

Solomon is kind whatever, he's not terrible but he wasn't impressing even before his injury either. I'm not writing him off but I'm also not expecting the level of performance we need on the left from him (I'll be pleasantly surprised if does come in and shine). So that's why I say a void, we've mostly had poor performances and little end product no matter who has played on the left.

I haven't criticised Nusa's decision nor said it's a negative on us. Just a little strange if we rated him as highly as everyone says because he WOULD start if he was of that level. The obvious answer is probably that we don't think he's as good right now as the hype suggests and so he's isn't enough of a priority to make any cast iron commitments to.

That's fine as I said I have no real opinion of him, but I don't we need add to the quality of the wide players in the summer at least. It's a bit much of a muchness in terms of impact.

This season Son has started the majority of his games in the centre not out wide, (12 Vs 7). I also think the later 5 games he likely only played there as Ange was getting prepared for him going away so he had Richie start as CF to be ready to takeover.

Regarding his performances he's been mostly poor out wide. He had a lot of games where he was barely involved and got very few shooting chances. I'd honestly rather not play him there, he doesn't appear to have the legs for it anymore from what we've seen over this season and the previous 2.

Solomon is kind whatever, he's not terrible but he wasn't impressing even before his injury either. I'm not writing him off but I'm also not expecting the level of performance we need on the left from him (I'll be pleasantly surprised if does come in and shine). So that's why I say a void, we've mostly had poor performances and little end product no matter who has played on the left.

I haven't criticised Nusa's decision nor said it's a negative on us. Just a little strange if we rated him as highly as everyone says because he WOULD start if he was of that level. The obvious answer is probably that we don't think he's as good right now as the hype suggests and so he's isn't enough of a priority to make any cast iron commitments to.

That's fine as I said I have no real opinion of him, but I don't we need add to the quality of the wide players in the summer at least. It's a bit much of a muchness in terms of impact.

We don't always buy ready made players. Some are for the future. Bale, walker...

As with all links fans seem to want us to signing everyone we are linked with, its rare we see someone linked who people don't fancy, especially the relatively unknowns from abroad.

The reality is, no one bar a few who live there and see them regular really know the levels of the player. I am sure people have not seen him or been able to make a real judgement in the numbers I am seeing online, so I suspect given the level of our recruitment team they might know better than the fans

Last edited:

That's not really my argument or really how I see things. I'm happy enough going with a talented 18 year old because I've always felt if you're talented enough you're old enough. I can't super recall what I thought of Maddison exactly at the time but I thought he would have been a decent addition to the squad as we only had Eriksen in the ACM role at the time and I always thought we needed a young up and comer bubbling underneath him so I'd probably say yes Maddison was.

The difference though is right now we don't have an Eriksen quality player in possession of the LWF role. Whomever comes in isn't going to be the understudy, they are gonna be the main cast. So that's where I think it's probably a case we don't think he's ready yet which is fair enough I suppose. If I knew the player I may have a different view.

We don't always buy ready made players. Some are for the future. Bale, walker...
Again I'm absolutely fine with that and in fact it's the model I've always advocated for. His age is of no concern to me, only his quality.

That's not really my argument or really how I see things. I'm happy enough going with a talented 18 year old because I've always felt if you're talented enough you're old enough. I can't super recall what I thought of Maddison exactly at the time but I thought he would have been a decent addition to the squad as we only had Eriksen in the ACM role at the time and I always thought we needed a young up and comer bubbling underneath him so I'd probably say yes Maddison was.

The difference though is right now we don't have an Eriksen quality player in possession of the LWF role. Whomever comes in isn't going to be the understudy, they are gonna be the main cast. So that's where I think it's probably a case we don't think he's ready yet which is fair enough I suppose. If I knew the player I may have a different view.
Nusa isn’t that kind of player and isn’t at eriksens level before he joined us
He is a talented punt
Much like Roony Bardghji at Copenhagen who we also were linked with but he does have a better CV than Nusa

Nusa isn’t that kind of player and isn’t at eriksens level before he joined us
He is a talented punt
Much like Roony Bardghji at Copenhagen who we also were linked with but he does have a better CV than Nusa

It won't be our style to have another Eriksen style player wide either. Maddison role will be that, Ange wants and profiles absolute speed merchants for the wingers to, IMO, create havoc in the box where the ST, RW, AM and FBs join in to capitalise. There won't be another player who puts his foot on the ball wide, thats why IMO he went for Johnson, the two recent assists form the right which were almost identical, the profile that Werner offers left is almost identical and that would be his strength too. There is no way we change those wide dynamics with say the old Poch Eriksen and Alli types who put foot on ball.

It won't be our style to have another Eriksen style player wide either. Maddison role will be that, Ange wants and profiles absolute speed merchants for the wingers to, IMO, create havoc in the box where the ST, RW, AM and FBs join in to capitalise. There won't be another player who puts his foot on the ball wide, thats why IMO he went for Johnson, the two recent assists form the right which were almost identical, the profile that Werner offers left is almost identical and that would be his strength too. There is no way we change those wide dynamics with say the old Poch Eriksen and Alli types who put foot on ball.
I did wonder if our plans for Nusa may have cross related to Werner
We buy Werner in the summer and leave Nusa to develop for a few years
Then once some goes.. Werner steps into his “flexible role more” and Nusa steps into Werner’s role
And I’m not saying any of the players are comparable quality or experience wise, but they are positionally comparable

I did wonder if our plans for Nusa may have cross related to Werner
We buy Werner in the summer and leave Nusa to develop for a few years
Then once some goes.. Werner steps into his “flexible role more” and Nusa steps into Werner’s role
And I’m not saying any of the players are comparable quality or experience wise, but they are positionally comparable
Werner is going to have to do a lot to get the buy option taken up. Can't see it personally.

@Grays_1890 tbc I wasn't advocating for an Eriksen style player on the wings. Was just replying to the question re Maddison at 18 years old.

Werner is going to have to do a lot to get the buy option taken up. Can't see it personally.

@Grays_1890 tbc I wasn't advocating for an Eriksen style player on the wings. Was just replying to the question re Maddison at 18 years old.
We will see with werner
I’m hoping that when we pass him the ball we may see him look good
His games so far for us have been United away and city at home
But I was thinking more about genuine planning and succession

The reason I talk about Nusa is that Ive seen him play, Ive seen a 16 year old boy get min. At top level in Norway and dominante the game.. Ive seen him sub in for Norway and totaly change the game.. and thats with good atacking players like Haaland and Ødegaard. I think if he hadnt had the back injury his stats would be alot better. Its not that I rate Norwegian players over others.. I said stay away from King, some here argued that he could do a good job at Spurs. See how ManC has played Bobb.. they do a great job with him.. Nusa is way better than Bobb. I understand that some dont see it my way and thats ok.. but I cant ague with any one els rating, I ague with mine rating of him.. It is stupid too say that If Im right I could work for the Club and earn alot.. and the thing is that we wont be able to buy him at 20, his price is going to be too high. We have done alot of great work last 2 years, I belive they have done great.. but we lack quality up front.

The reason I talk about Nusa is that Ive seen him play, Ive seen a 16 year old boy get min. At top level in Norway and dominante the game.. Ive seen him sub in for Norway and totaly change the game.. and thats with good atacking players like Haaland and Ødegaard. I think if he hadnt had the back injury his stats would be alot better. Its not that I rate Norwegian players over others.. I said stay away from King, some here argued that he could do a good job at Spurs. See how ManC has played Bobb.. they do a great job with him.. Nusa is way better than Bobb. I understand that some dont see it my way and thats ok.. but I cant ague with any one els rating, I ague with mine rating of him.. It is stupid too say that If Im right I could work for the Club and earn alot.. and the thing is that we wont be able to buy him at 20, his price is going to be too high. We have done alot of great work last 2 years, I belive they have done great.. but we lack quality up front.
But our goals scored column would disagree with you
You are more than entitled and welcome to your view on him as you have seen him play and followed him
99.9% of commentators on him haven’t for sure
I’d love to see another great attacking start develop over here. And I’d much prefer him with us. But the player is calling the shots here and that’s gonna benefit you guys in Norway if he develops as thought

I don't see a lot of people disagreeing with you on your rating of him.

You could be spot on with your rating. I rate him very highly myself too.

I just also think that can be true while also thinking that Spurs, the recruitment team, didn't do anything wrong. Perhaps he is that good, but just thinks for his development it's better to go somewhere where he'll get even more regular football straight away. Imo that would probably just make him a smart player or that he has good people around him.

He can be just as talented as you say without there being any legitimate criticism there of Spurs for not signing him.

I would actually advocate for you to have the view on him as you have seen him. My argument is against those who just aimlessly want everyone linked with.

Has he joined Brentford or is that just rumour too?

Back