• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Depends on what other business we do. I can't believe that Kulu, Bentancur etc were the only players on the list when we went for them and might not have been Conte's first choice

This for me too.

Actually I don't think Conte walks because of one deal not happening regardless at this point, but it may be a breaking point.

I would be rather surprised if we're only looking at Porto for RWB. Based on what I've read and seen of him he seems like a good signing, but not a great one. Not sure he's worth going above and beyond for financially.

Would be happy with us signing him mind.

Depends on what other business we do. I can't believe that Kulu, Bentancur etc were the only players on the list when we went for them and might not have been Conte's first choice

I don’t think you can have a first choice these days, all you can ask for are metrics and characteristics, it’s not like buying a new video card for your PC.

His release clause is reportedly €40m and that is what Sporting are requiring us to pay. If Chelsea pay more than the release clause then sure no complaints but if we won't pay the release clause and they will then yes the fans who co plain will have grounds to.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Don't release clauses have to be paid all at once?
Could be a stumbling block when you're looking at budgets.
Plus we'd have to moves lined up, loans/sales for some of our other RWBs

Our issue is probably the fact that we pretty much have 9 players to get rid of.

Club probably at least wants line of sight to dumping some of them (permanently) prior to adding more.

Drop the price low enough someone will buy. But we can't afford to, hence Levy's reputation for hard negotiations. Its still about (not enough) money.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Drop the price low enough someone will buy[/B]. But we can't afford to, hence Levy's reputation for hard negotiations. Its still about (not enough) money.

Well yes but that's the case for every unwanted player at every club in the land and if it was that easy there wouldn't be unwanted players anywhere, would there?:confused:

Last edited:
Drop the price low enough someone will buy. But we can't afford to, hence Levy's reputation for hard negotiations. Its still about (not enough) money.

Couldn’t get rid of Bentley, Rose or Aurier, off the top of my head, we were willing to let all go for nothing, but nobody would take on the wages.

It’s not just the fee you are waiving, it’s paying off the contract too.

In Spain they do
You lodge the money at the FA I believe and the gets transferred to the welling club as you have brought the players contract

Last edited:
In Spain they have to be paid in one lump sum. I've never seen any information regarding what happens in other European or even just other countries around the world.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Couldn’t get rid of Bentley, Rose or Aurier, off the top of my head, we were willing to let all go for nothing, but nobody would take on the wages.

It’s not just the fee you are waiving, it’s paying off the contract too.
Gomes and Wanyama saw out their contracts too but I think Aurier is the only player Levy has ever paid to leave!

We have seen, and I think will continue to see instances of Levy's strategy paying off. Get some loan fees, get some of the wages covered, eventually get some kind of fee. Of course that won't always be the right choice, but it's a viable strategy.

It's staggering how many of these players were signed when Pochettino was in charge. I know, "he wasn't given time to make it work" apparently, but still. Not all on him, transfer committee and all. But still.

We have seen, and I think will continue to see instances of Levy's strategy paying off. Get some loan fees, get some of the wages covered, eventually get some kind of fee. Of course that won't always be the right choice, but it's a viable strategy.

It's staggering how many of these players were signed when Pochettino was in charge. I know, "he wasn't given time to make it work" apparently, but still. Not all on him, transfer committee and all. But still.
We could've won the Championship by now.

He needs to fudge off, even when we were poor under Poch we still turned up for atleast the home game of a NLD.

Back