• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

22 goals in 21 games when you have Sterling, Joao Felix, Aubameyang, Broja plus 1,000 attacking midfielders and a very good squad just isn't good enough. As is a 40% win ratio (Tuchel for reference had a 60%)

I think Potter doesn't have a system (he adapts), the problem is his main requirement of effort (mercenaries/egos aren't going to do that) and without a system he's struggling to build a first 11 vs. just making do with what you have.

Felix been there two mins, Auba is broken and Broja is ok but not someone you would bank on 20 goals a season yet

I think with how Chelsea are acting this season its harsh to lay the unsettled feel on him or be comparing win percentages, especially as half this squad is Tuchels who was sacked and the owners who is on an absolute ego trip mission.

He has a system, hard to implement it to a team then have to re implement it in Jan when you sign 20 new players

Felix been there two mins, Auba is broken and Broja is ok but not someone you would bank on 20 goals a season yet

I think with how Chelsea are acting this season its harsh to lay the unsettled feel on him or be comparing win percentages, especially as half this squad is Tuchels who was sacked and the owners who is on an absolute ego trip mission.

He has a system, hard to implement it to a team then have to re implement it in Jan when you sign 20 new players
He has many systems
His teams are flexible
But in England He has never had a side with half decent striker so far

He's been there less than half a season

In which case it shows how quickly his anti-scoring tactics can be implemented!

Joking aside, they've scored 25 in 21 PL games or 38 in 29 games in all competitions.

That's long enough for an opinion to be formed. Many managers are sacked quicker than that

An that 'opinion' becomes a lot stronger when it reinforces a trend from his previous team - and in Potter's case, that trend is that his teams dont score many

Its reinforced when his old team start scoring more once he left, and his current team scored more before he arrived

He's still young as a manager and he has many attractive qualities as a manager, but he needs to solve this issue if he's going to succeed at a big team

22 goals in 21 games when you have Sterling, Joao Felix, Aubameyang, Broja plus 1,000 attacking midfielders and a very good squad just isn't good enough. As is a 40% win ratio (Tuchel for reference had a 60%)

I think Potter doesn't have a system (he adapts), the problem is his main requirement of effort (mercenaries/egos aren't going to do that) and without a system he's struggling to build a first 11 vs. just making do with what you have.
Weirdly none of those attackers gets in our team
Or uniteds
Or City’s
Or arssenals
Can you see the problem?

his problem at Chelsea is actually two fold
Respect.. or possibly a lack of from some players
And a lack of an actual striker who is semi competent

He has many systems
His teams are flexible
But in England He has never had a side with half decent striker so far

He has many systems which manage not to score!

Good manager but to be better than 'good' he needs to solve this problem

The stats speak for themselves and show its an issue for him

I think Potter has been found out

- His Brighton side always looked good but failed to score regularly, he's got a massive upgrade of players and it's exactly the same issue.
- His teams also have a real issue with consistency, good run, bad run (something you can't afford at top level), big part of that is he's constantly tinkering.
- We don't need another Chelsea reject

For me I'd much rather a shot at Gallardo, or even Poch MK2 over Potter

Bit soon maybe but I think you’ll be proven right. De Zerbi already looks a better coach and I would add him to our list of possibles. But it’s going to be Poch anyway.

The stats show his system creates chances
The players show their actually not very good

Doesnt stop most of Pep's teams scoring
Weirdly neither does a £b
But they can’t score against us
Unless we throw it in for them
And I’d argue that peps teams have always had strikers who score against us
Aguero or scored a brick load against us
Haaland has a goal already
Didnt Jesus score against us too and he can’t really score that much
The key of course is their actually good strikers
Chelsea have none
Brighton have none either

It depends what stats you look at. If you look at just goals scored it only tells what you are saying.
Dig a little deeper and look at the chances that his teams create and how many chances they miss an you'll see that it's the quality of finishing that is the problem.
Or another option, actually look at the games and it's obvious that his teams create plenty of high quality chances, but the likes of Maupay can't finish

Doesnt stop most of Pep's teams scoring
A Pep team that has been built over several years with some of the best players in the world.
Last season was the only one where he didn't have a top quality striker.

Back