• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antoine Griezmann

Excellent, excellent player. If €21m is the price and if we can get him then he'd be a fantastic signing. I would expect there to be some CL teams in for him though
I think this summer Levy will be reluctant to spend big on players from abroad who have no PL experience. Until he sees last summers transfers show like they are worth all the money spent on them I feel Levy will instruct Baldini to buy PL experienced players for decent sums and if we want to speculate on players from abroad they will be of the young and cheap variety......just my opinion

I said it because it's cheap as chips and if we were even serious about getting him we should cough that up now. The guys a star.

Griezmann - Eriksen - Lamela

All interchanging in a fluid Pochettino system with solidarity in Dembele and Sandro behind them? Wow.

Ah, fair enough.

Agreed. In the unlikely event of him signing for us........wow. Although can I be greedy and put in Schneiderlin for Dembele. We'd be more solid and have better possession. I'm not sure we'd have much need of what Dembele offers any more.

I think this summer Levy will be reluctant to spend big on players from abroad who have no PL experience. Until he sees last summers transfers show like they are worth all the money spent on them I feel Levy will instruct Baldini to buy PL experienced players for decent sums and if we want to speculate on players from abroad they will be of the young and cheap variety......just my opinion

Levy is pragmatic rather than dogmatic.

Perhaps you're right that he prefers to target players with PL experience this summer. But if a top quality player from abroad becomes available, is gettable and is wanted by the manager, then I have no doubt that Levy would try to sign him. He's had enough good experiences of signing players from abroad not to have been put off by one underwhelming season.

I think that's a good call.

I expect our signings this window will be Davies, Schneiderlin, Lovren and a couple of South American 16/17 YOs.

I didn't think this was realistic and I still don't think it's realistic. But this is a Levy type signing. At the age of 23, and only costing 21m (reportedly) his value could sky rocket in the future. If we push the boat out and sign him and promise if he doesn't get champions league within 2 seasons he can go there maybe a tiny chance.

Lamela is the better of the two. And we got him.

0fc.gif

Lamela is the better of the two. And we got him.

think what you may mean is that he is the more naturally talented of the two.

i haven't even seen Antoine Griezmann play much but to say that Lamela is the better of the two and to make that statment confidently then clearly it has to be based on talents and promise ...Not application. if Griezmann's contribution to his team was less than Lamela's last season then we should stay away from him LOL

Lamela was the higher profile of the two. I'd like Griezmann though, may as well get Schneiderlin in as well. Might encourage Hugo to stick around longer.

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/21/futbol/equipos/real_sociedad/1405932433.html

Spurs & Monaco bid €20m for Antoine Griezmann, Real Sociedad holding out for €32m [Marca]

On Monday, Marca reveal that Spurs and Monaco have bid 20 million euros for Griezmann with his immediate future set to be decided this week.

Griezmann returns to Real Sociedad pre-season training on July 28th and is expected to leave the club to further his ambitions.

Real Sociedad have rejected both offers, from Tottenham and Monaco, with both clubs informed that it will take an offer of 32 million euros, Griezmann’s release clause, to seal any deal.

There is no indication in the Marca article of which team Griezmann would be keen to join but Monaco have huge reserves of cash, even without the imminent departure of James Rodriguez to Real Madrid, and Champions League football.

Marca suggest that Tottenham “might” be willing to pay the release clause and there are other clubs interested.

Griezmann, who impressed predominantly off the bench at the World Cup, would link up with French compatriots Hugo Lloris and Etienne Capoue where he to join Spurs.

Do it Daniel.

Back