• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anthony Martial

Sorry to rub it in, but this guy is a beast. Just made everything happen when Monaco equalized away to Valencia. Been very, very good in the first half as well. Would have been everything we need IMO..

He would have stopped our defensive brain farts too?

we could have offered him more that he was offered in his new contract but i guess with the transfer fee it was getting too expensive

More important: Could it be a way back for us pursuing him? Monaco lost 3-1, and I guess if they miss qualifing to the CL, it would be interesting to see what they do regarding their finances.

Surely absolute nonsense considering they could've had him for half that amount earlier this summer.
Could they though? Obviously it's all press speculation (then and now) but I seem to recall they are claimed to have turned down a £20m offer from us. At the time the general consensus was that they'd prefer to hold onto him for another year and pick up a bigger payday next summer from a CL club. His incentive? A new contract with higher wages, which he signed.

If there's any truth in the new report, it just means Chelsea decided they can't wait until next summer and have made the bigger offer now. My own guess, for what it's worth (not much!) is that Chelsea will end up buying him this summer and loaning him back to Monaco for a year.

Could they though? Obviously it's all press speculation (then and now) but I seem to recall they are claimed to have turned down a £20m offer from us. At the time the general consensus was that they'd prefer to hold onto him for another year and pick up a bigger payday next summer from a CL club. His incentive? A new contract with higher wages, which he signed.

If there's any truth in the new report, it just means Chel53a decided they can't wait until next summer and have made the bigger offer now. My own guess, for what it's worth (not much!) is that Chel53a will end up buying him this summer and loaning him back to Monaco for a year.
Had Chelsea wanted him and expressed an interest in taking him then there is no way that his agent would've let him sign a new contract at Monaco. It also makes zero sense for Chelsea to suddenly decide they want him now, when earlier this summer there was a possibility of the player leaving Monaco for a reasonable fee.

Hah - good point.... I guess they need us or Man Utd to first get the transfer agreed before they pounce at the last minute. ;)

No need for a scouting department, just one person who reads papers and message boards. As soon as a deal is about to happen you just throw another 5 million on top of the existing offer/do some tapping up.

Manchester United have bid in excess of €50million for Monaco forward Anthony Martial, according to French media outlet RMC.

Inter Milan have completed the signing of Wolfsburg winger Ivan Perisic.

...both of these titbits courtesy of the SS News.

Back