• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another target bites the dust?

paxtonwolf

John White
Apologies to mods, but couldn not find a current rumours thread

It appears another target is going elsewhere

Barcelona have won the race to sign 17-year-old Croatia midfielder Alen Halilovic from Dinamo Zagreb, seeing off rival interest from Manchester United and Emirates Marketing Project.

Full story: Manchester Evening News

Tbh I thought we had as good as signed this kid, ah well.

Also noticed in the rags today that Liverpool are sniffing around Caulker if they go down. Question: Do we have first option on him??

I don't believe so. I'm pretty sure we have a massive sell on % though - is there anything to stop us bidding up the price to something silly?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Caulker moving to a bigger club, especially if Cardiff get relegated. Still think we'll come to regret selling him big time sooner or later

I wouldn't be surprised to see Caulker moving to a bigger club, especially if Cardiff get relegated. Still think we'll come to regret selling him big time sooner or later

Bearing in mind Kaboul's injury problems, now Chiriches is out for GHod knows how long and at one stage we had Capoue in CD, I already do

wasn't the rumour that he was sold because of his off field behaviour? If that was the case, I can't see us wanting him back.

I hope he does well there. I really do. He has the talent to be sure but his decision making was never great. Chances like the one he has just been given at Milan are once in a lifetime, so I hope he's smart and takes it.

RE Caulker: Media reports state that Rodgers is still a big fan of the lad. Would be just like us to lose him to them and watch him become a top top player. Reckon we still have first choice on re-buying the lad though.

didn't really rate him myself - Rodgers defensive choices at Liverpool have't exactly been inspired so their interest means little in the grand scheme of things

Not fussed myself. I think we need a few leaders. Say 1 or 2 30+ ex worldies to get the squad hyped up. How may of our squad have any kind of WC or EL experience?

wasn't the rumour that he was sold because of his off field behaviour? If that was the case, I can't see us wanting him back.

Caulker IIRC was sold because he wanted playing time .. and I believe there is a sell on clause

I'll be delighted if we never see Caulker playing for us again. He has been overrated since leaving us, he never proved himself to have the required level of ability whilst he was with us. He was too easily turned, too slow and I question his reading of the game.

Wasn't there something about Halilovic's dad wanting a guarantee of first team football?

He's gonna get that at Barca isn't he!

Probably not but if it was to sit on the bench at Barcelona or sit on the bench at Tottenham, I suppose it's a no brainer.

didn't really rate him myself - Rodgers defensive choices at Liverpool have't exactly been inspired so their interest means little in the grand scheme of things

id bring him back this summer and get rid of Kaboul who never seems fully fit anymore. Caulker is young, has a lot of potential, and crucially he now has had 2 full PL seasons at other clubs and i think he is ready to be a first choice for us. Id be happy with Caulker, Vertonghen, Chiriches and Lescott as our 4 next season

Back