• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another shooting in Murica

It's not ordinary people that are shooting other people.
Becomes a question of definitions.

If you think these are primarily mentally ill or unstable people limiting their access to legal guns could make a huge difference. Ease of access and cost of access matters. Not in all cases, but inn enough to make a difference I think.

Another day another shooting. I do find it interesting how different labels get attached depending on the background of the offender. This one is a serial killer. Were he from Libya he would be a terrorist or Islamic fundamentalist.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBEXVwp?m=en-au&ocid=News

Serial killer is some nutter who kills for fun. Islamic fundamentalist is a nutter who kills because of man on cloud in the sky.

INT WHITE HOUSE, OVAL OFFICE

Aide: “Sir, there has been another multiple firearm homicide.”

<The president launches Twitter.app>

DT: “is it a good guy or a bad guy?”

Another day another shooting. I do find it interesting how different labels get attached depending on the background of the offender. This one is a serial killer. Were he from Libya he would be a terrorist or Islamic fundamentalist.

A terrorist tries to promote a political agenda through the spread of terror.

Most of the mass shooters in the US are not terrorists I think. Unless terrorist now just means "person who did something awful on a large enough scale". To me that's not a particularly useful definition. It even negates the old "on man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter".

Obviously someone who doesn't self identify as a Muslim won't be called a Islamic fundamentalist. Adding fundamentalist to other religions in some of these cases might be appropriate though.

Most of the mass shooters in the US are not terrorists I think. Unless terrorist now just means "person who did something awful on a large enough scale". To me that's not a particularly useful definition. It even negates the old "on man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter".

Obviously someone who doesn't self identify as a Muslim won't be called a Islamic fundamentalist. Adding fundamentalist to other religions in some of these cases might be appropriate though.
That's racist. I think you'll find the politically correct term is Muslamic Infidel:

Do you dispute that any of the multitude of obviously Islamist-inspired terror attacks carried out in (for example) Europe in recent years were carried out by terrorists and/or Islamic fundamentalists?

Where actions have a clear central thread binding them together, I can't see the issue with describing them in such terms. Shootings in America such as those being discussed here aren't so clearly or closely linked. But I'd be quite happy to label them all 'American psychopaths', or something similar.

Last edited:
Becomes a question of definitions.

If you think these are primarily mentally ill or unstable people limiting their access to legal guns could make a huge difference. Ease of access and cost of access matters. Not in all cases, but inn enough to make a difference I think.
I may not have made it all that clear in my posts so far but I'm all for the kinds of gun control that can be applied now. Better restrictions on sales, types of gun, etc. are all possible in a few years' time.

But whilst these mass shootings by the mentally unstable make the news and make everyone a bit sad, they're a drop in the ocean against gun deaths perpetrated by people who will get access to weapons one way or another.

58 dead from gunshots is just a bad month in Chicago alone. That's not the mentally unstable or Godtards shooting people, it's criminals using guns to aid or further their criminal actions. They won't hand in guns, they don't care if carrying guns is illegal. Until that problem is solved, making law abiding citizens give up what they believe is a fundamental right is going to be near impossible.

I think you've hit a central problem of the current media-based debate here.

The scene in Benton, Ky., on Tuesday was the worst so far in 2018: Two 15-year-old students were killed and 18 more people were injured. But it was one of at least 11 shootings on school property recorded since Jan. 1
Researchers and gun control advocates say that since 2013, they have logged school shootings at a rate of about one a week.

Notwithstanding that "Some of the shootings at schools this year were suicides that injured no one else" , it is still utterly shocking. But, so we hear, guns are not to blame. There'll be a bit of noise, a bit of outrage, then everything goes back to the way it was, until the next one. Rinse and repeat. Depressing.

The scene in Benton, Ky., on Tuesday was the worst so far in 2018: Two 15-year-old students were killed and 18 more people were injured. But it was one of at least 11 shootings on school property recorded since Jan. 1
Researchers and gun control advocates say that since 2013, they have logged school shootings at a rate of about one a week.

Notwithstanding that "Some of the shootings at schools this year were suicides that injured no one else" , it is still utterly shocking. But, so we hear, guns are not to blame. There'll be a bit of noise, a bit of outrage, then everything goes back to the way it was, until the next one. Rinse and repeat. Depressing.

Yup, the most popular response Stateside seems to be to “pray” for the victims rather than actually try and find a solution to this continuing problem o_O

@GunDeaths

Real-time numbers for the first 3 weeks of 2018, as of 1/22:
-828 gun deaths
-1,491 gun injuries
-36 children (age 0-11) shot/killed
-144 teenagers (age 12-17) shot/killed
-84 incidents of defensive gun use
-99 unintentional shootings
-108 armed home invasions
-13 mass shootings

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

DTDSG5GVAAMCAvg.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting stats on US gun casualties. But really, it's the balance of nature, innit?

GHod makes 'em. Smith & Wesson thin 'em out.

Back