• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Annus Horribilis 2011/2012 .............................

Knock GB all you want, I bet this very thought has gone through Levy's mind and I wouldn't be surprised if he's explored avenues already....

I hope not. We ALL knew the rules and quite frankly we really should not be in a position that we have to worry about the CL final. We tinkled 3rd away and Levy wants to go 'legal' on anyone it'll be the FA (or Harry).
Well, it's just a ludicrous isn't it?

This BS is circulating

529696_3980323550628_1356857868_4358068_1096953051_n.jpg

How about this:

Riots disrupted our season before it even began and our first game got postponed. Not ideal!
Redknapp has to have heart surgery in the middle of the season.
Redknapp's trial.
England job vacancy fudges us.
Muamba collapses on our pitch and nearly dies, I'm sure it would have affected the players.

I'm sure they'll conveniently forget those small details.

Perhaps. :D
But it's the reasons we failed to get 3rd that taste bitter:
- poor mid-season buys,
- poor fitness when actually we haven't had fixture congestion of ANY kind (e.g. Arsenal game)
- poor squad rotation
- lack of a clearly identified plan B
- the ease in which teams can nullify us by parking the bus

Basically the same reasons we missed out on CL last year. It does feel that we've learnt from failing last year and have been pipped by frankly a poor Arsenal side, plus Chelski are/were in turmoil.

We had to ****-up BIG TIME not to get 3rd this season.

aside from the mid season buys everything else is pure speculation on our parts

you're saying there is no plan B? give us an example of a plan b we DIDNT use?
poor fitness? proof? just cause our players dont know how to press doesnt mean they arent fit
poor squad rotation? if harry rotated players that were winning and we got bad results you would have a field day...what was he supposed to do anyway? tell us how you would have liked him to rotate the squad and with whom?

ease at which teams can nullify us? i'll give you that, but aside from the top two we were the amongst the best of the rest and everyone gets nullified by teams parking the bus....i do agree though that we can let teams come back into games against us and that does need addressing

for me our confidence fell , our form dropped ....thats all that happened. pure and simple

I wonder how many will change their tune and say what a great season we've had if Munich get a result next weekend? Bizarre that it could go from a massive disappointment to a great achievement without us kicking a ball.

So did Liverpool then.

No, they fixed the rules then because they didn't get the outcome they desired then. Like they can fix them again now - I bet they would if us and Chelsea were in reversed positions.

They changed the rules then because the FA fudged UEFA over.

Whatever way you slice it, losing a 10 point gap on your nearest rivals for 3rd and also being 2-0 up and contriving to lose 5-2 in the same game is throwing it away!

OK even if you disagree with me about the season in general, we were given a lifeline by Norwich and had another chance to go 3rd at Villa last week, one of the poorest sides in the league, and we blew it again!

Incredible how it's nearly happened to us TWICE in 7 seasons!

The rules are rules unfortunately. Logistically, how would they go about putting more teams in the competiton? It can't be done!

Bayern are the superior side but I've got a horrible feeling the final will be just like the semi finals and Chelsea will fluke it 1-0.

They managed to squeeze Liverpool in when it happened

This BS is circulating

529696_3980323550628_1356857868_4358068_1096953051_n.jpg

Finish 19 points off the top, go out in the CL last 16 lose in the 5th round of the FA cup, lose in the 5th round of the Carling Cup, go 7 years without a trophy, realise that we do actually care about Spurs

You know what?

Im not tha dissapointed and wanna know why? Cos I think we have played very well this season. Yeah we had a bad run so did Manure, so did Man bricky SO DID EVERY FCUKIN TEAM.

I aint blaming anyone and you know what I kinda had enough of people blaming others etc.

We will come back stronger next season and we will come back better prepared. We wont have the issues that we have had to face this season or even last summer.

It will be like hitting the ground running.

I hope not. We ALL knew the rules and quite frankly we really should not be in a position that we have to worry about the CL final. We tinkled 3rd away and Levy wants to go 'legal' on anyone it'll be the FA (or Harry).

Not saying I'd agree with it. Does seem unfair mind, why punish a league for being so strong? Then again it would be at someone else's expense ultimately so not really fair on whoever that may be.....

Not saying I'd agree with it. Does seem unfair mind, why punish a league for being so strong? Then again it would be at someone else's expense ultimately so not really fair on whoever that may be.....

And as for Arsenal, when they had their "invincible" season finishing up with 90 points. We finished 14th, with 45 points. Since then, both teams have won one trophy each, Arsenal winning the FA Cup in 2005, us the Carling Cup in 2008. If Arsenal fans can honestly say they are happy how things have gone in the last 7 (trophyless) years, happy that their only reason to celebrate is finishing ONE point ahead of a team who not so long ago they were finishing 45 points ahead of, then that just shows how small time they've become.

A little different really. Liverpool had WON the Champions League, they had every right to go and enter the next year to defend their championship

Before the Liverpool/Everton scenario, it was the choice of the league's FA to decide which team would get CL in such a situation, but the FA decided to let Everton in. UEFA didn't like this, so let Liverpool in. After this, they changed the rule so that it was no longer the FA's choice as to who would get CL in this situation, and that the winner would definitely get in. So Levy wouldn't have a leg to stand on. The rules are indeed different now to what they were in 04/05.

I wonder how many will change their tune and say what a great season we've had if Munich get a result next weekend? Bizarre that it could go from a massive disappointment to a great achievement without us kicking a ball.

We still wouldn't be in the CL proper until we get through the play off. A lot of ifs and maybe's at the moment. That's the importance of 3rd place.

Back