• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Annus Horribilis 2011/2012 .............................

Is that the players in our team 'demanding Champions League football' (Bale, Modric) are the ones who failed to do the business on the pitch. They hold the team over this barrel with demands of getting into the top 4, but they're the fudgers whose job it is to do it!

Modern football eh?
So so true but unfortunately life ain't fair! I reckon at least one and maybe both of these guys will be off this summer, and no doubt the usual apologists will be saying they deserve to be playing in the cl, conveniently forgetting that one of the key reasons we did not finish third is these two bottling it during the crunch games of our season!

It is easy to keep them. Levy did it last year, despite Harry trying to upset the applecart.

We hold the aces, they are under contratct.

Why would we want to keep them, right now? On current form, they're not worth what people are going to be paying for them. Use the money to reinvest in more of the same - young and hungry. For all those bleating on about how we can't attract players like them because we're not in the CL, just remember: we signed Modric having finished 11th, and Berbatov and Bale after finishing 5th. Sell 'em. Buy low, sell high. That is how Arsenal got up there and stayed there.

how long have Modric and Bale been waiting for a decent striker or two to put away the numerous chances they create

they have every right to be pi$$ed off with the chairman and manager
Absolute gonad*s! In how many big games did our so called stars, Bale and Modric in particular bottle it? If they want to be angry about missing out on the cl they should start by looking in the mirror!

You've failed to include the most horrible thing of all, Spurs and the way we seem to be make a mess of everything!
You cannot blame any of what you have described on throwing away a huge points advantage, failing to beat villa away, stoke at home and losing to Norwich at Easter. You can't blame it on Harry's poor decisions or the abhorrent way he acted
when he thought the FA were going to call.

Before we look at all of that lets look at ourselves. Forget about what has happened in the past, we knew that Chelsea were in the CL final weeks ago and getting 4th was risky. We had a golden chance to get 3rd and failed AGAIN to fulfil our task. The most depressing thing is that Harry wasn't even thinking about 3rd if you read his comments. He was happy for us to get 4th because we should be happy with that at Spurs.

I realise '4th' has become the be-all and end all in football... and 3rd is 'only' one place higher... but at least 3rd is a Podium finish/Medal place in most sports!

You've failed to include the most horrible thing of all, Spurs and the way we seem to be make a mess of everything!
You cannot blame any of what you have described on throwing away a huge points advantage, failing to beat villa away, stoke at home and losing to Norwich at Easter. You can't blame it on Harry's poor decisions or the abhorrent way he acted
when he thought the FA were going to call.

Before we look at all of that lets look at ourselves. Forget about what has happened in the past, we knew that Chelsea were in the CL final weeks ago and getting 4th was risky. We had a golden chance to get 3rd and failed AGAIN to fulfil our task. The most depressing thing is that Harry wasn't even thinking about 3rd if you read his comments. He was happy for us to get 4th because we should be happy with that at Spurs.

I blame redknapp, i hate the lack of positivity from him, then the next day he changes his mind. I blame him for not bringing on defoe against villa and bringing on the goal machine that is parker.

I blame redknapp, i hate the lack of positivity from him, then the next day he changes his mind. I blame him for not bringing on defoe against villa and bringing on the goal machine that is parker.[/QUOTE]

One of his biggest mistakes, i was at that game and Villa were there for the taking and Redknapp blew it.

We HAD to win that. The fact we didnt throw everything including the kitchen sink at that game (after all that came before) was criminal IMHO.

A win against Villa meant a win against Fulham GUARANTEED us CL football. Instead we opted for a "wait and see" approach instead of MAKING it happen.

and the filter is C O C K...

do you think the ArseAnal board ***'s out the word Arse... which is in their fudging NAME?

****nal doesn't have the same look as Arsenal... and yet we struggle with ****erel... C O C K E R E L!!!!

...and how come I can write fudge but not ****?

it's warped and wrong... just like this c o c k i n g season!

I may have dreamt it, but I seem to recall Spurs employing sports psychiatrics to strengthen the mentality of the players, am I wrong here? Many a time it seems like we're unable to keep focus over an entire game, and sometimes get too complacent. The limited spell of us consistantly coming back from an early 0-1 is the only time I can remember us having this ability, for too many years it has been the other way around.

We underperform under pressure too often, and lacking a coherent plan B to fall back on, we often crumble when we get pinned to the wall. Recently I read a great quote from a Navy Seal: "When the going gets tough, you don't rise to the occation. You fall down to the level of training".

Mark, give me a farkin chance fella, I'm in the process of merging and the farking internwebs is slow

And the link you give is the one I'm merging!

Go get a cup of tea and come back in a short while

Last edited:
I agree with what most of what seaside spur said but winning ugly is part of football. I still play, just finished my 44th season - and don't my old legs know it - but sometimes you just have to kick the opposition if they are better than you. Rugby isn't like that as it is all on physical from the start and it is hard to get even more aggressive. That's what makes football the game it is where underdogs can win so often... that and a lot of luck.

Enough of trying to be reasonable... I hate chelscum more than words can say..

I had my OP moment during that diabolical FAC SF game against Chelsea, the moment the non-goal was given. Suddenly it was all too much. I'd had enough of all the cheating, the diving, the acting, the ridiculous refereeing, the brattish behaviour. I switched off instantly, both the telly and that internal button in my head that hitherto compelled me to watch intensely every minute of every game, to live and die every excruciating outcome.

I vowed to myself to leave football alone for a while and get out more.

I did manage to stay away for a short while but needless to say it didn't last long. There are some compulsions so deeply embedded in your brain you just cannot fight them.

But what I have managed to adjust since is my ability to be that much more detached and to focus on the best elements of the game, to enjoy watching football for the sake of it whilst disregarding as much as humanly possible all the nonsense.

Let's not be hypocritical, we have a certain level of cheating within our own ranks, of course we do, but compared to most others we are exemplary, concentrating on the quality of our football to get result not others means.

For this reason I remain proud to be a Spurs fan and proud that we have in Harry a manager who instills in his team the values of fair play alongside some of the finest football you could wish to see.

Monday morning: Survival

Im sure I'm not alone in dreading tomorrow at work. Banter is one thing, but off the back of one of the most disappointing weekends for us ever, we could be getting stick from all angles. So I thought it might be worth getting ready with a few retaliatory strikes.

First up, it's all about pretending you don't really care. Of course, lots of us are really hurting about this. But we don't have to let on. I'll say I'm gutted, but I'm going to go down the route of "was hardly a surprise, the team made a hash of it back in February and I'm surprised we even finished fourth". Not going to cite Foy, England manager speculation, Balotelli etc as excuses, keep that up my sleeve if anyone really wants to dissect that period. Also, no CL didn't stop us from finishing fourth this season, and we are only getting better.

Moving on then to supporters of other teams, it's all about the counter attack.

ARSE: point out that we are on the way up, they are clearly moving backwards. Levy won't sell Modric, didn't last year, but RVP clearly going (Fabregas, Nasri). Remind them how plastic their fans are, booing the team at the end of the season. Remind them that their team have as little bottle as us, as they are showing in cup finals. Point out they have won just as much as us this year and sarcastically offer to call it quits.

WEST HAM: I am well up for any of this lot, just a shame very few where I work. Will congratulate them on winning their first trophy (sort of) for 30 years. Point out how the 4-6 points we always take off them will put us third next season. Remind them about the Olympic Stadium is going to kill their atmosphere. Remind them that they bottled their own division as badly as we did. Remind them that they are small fish, and if they had any players worth having they would be ours by the start of the season (Defoe, Carrick, Parker). Tell them to come back when they start challenging for Europa cup spots, let alone top 4.

MAN U: ask them if they would swap places with us, who lost out to a minor local rival or their most bitter, in the last minute of the season?

CHELSKI: obviously the hardest of the lot to comeback against. All about devaluing their success, point out that 6th + a CL after ten years of heavy investment is woeful. Clearly not enough class there in the first place, if we had a quarter of their cash we'd win the treble.

Remember, banter is all about shouting the other guy down. Stubbornness and ignorance is the key. We might have lost out big time this weekend but I'm not bending over for anyone, I'm going down fighting!

I couldn't give a fudge, honestly.

I work with a load of Leeds fans so their ammo is very weak!!

Liverpool fan - lol!! 8th place STFU!!

Gooner filth? Kiss goodbye to the rapist and you still have Wenger, so no hope of silverware next year, 8 years and counting.

Anything else, just laugh it off. Who gives a fudge, it's a fudging game FFS. Anyone who reckons it ain't is a mongy kunt who should grow a pair.

Back