• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

What manager could we get anyway?
Maybe Laudrup?

Plays a nice style, young, good rep, more of a coach, would work in out system.

Can't think of anyone else really.

Barcelona or Real Madrid is next for Laudrup

How we react to this is key for me.......

I expect blood and thunder from our boys next sunday........rather defender hoofs it than play it back to Lloris.....want to see us win the 50-50's and if we do go down against United at least make them work for it!!!!!!!!!

not interested in dingdonging Tromso....we need a performance next Sunday or I think AVB will be bang in trouble!!!!(even more)

What manager could we get anyway?
Maybe Laudrup?

Plays a nice style, young, good rep, more of a coach, would work in out system.

Can't think of anyone else really.

We won't sack him unless we're twelve points or more adrift of the top four with no hopes of a trophy. And nor should we. For better or worse, we're not quite that bad yet.

I will give him this season. He has earned that much based on his previous exploits. With every loss like this, though, the lines are f*cking hardening and his appeal is rapidly diminishing.

I won't be surprised if AVB's next meeting with Levy is frostier and more tense than it usually is, or if rumors start spreading about him being replaced. He needs some pressure on him, even if he's under a lot already. Enough pressure to get him to sort out the deep problems in his system that have been exposed first at Chelsea and now here.

He needs success this season to survive. 100 million pounds he's spent, fro Christ's sake. We trusted this man. He needs to deliver.

And if he doesn't, he's off come the end of the season, no matter what excuses he croaks out.

About a month ago I was deffending AVB saying it would come good but the way he can't decide what our starting line up should be, doesn't seem to be interested in obtaining the left back we clearly need and seems to be getting worse every game is realy starting to push me the other way.

I'm now starting to worry we will miss out on Champions League if we continue to employ him until it's too late.

Can anyone think of avaliabe managers at the moment? Get Baldini on the hunt! But please not Capello!

In danger of missing out on CL football? We're not going to finish in the top half!!!!

We won't sack him unless we're twelve points or more adrift of the top four with no hopes of a trophy. And nor should we. For better or worse, we're not quite that bad yet.

I will give him this season. He has earned that much based on his previous exploits. With every loss like this, though, the lines are f*cking hardening and his appeal is rapidly diminishing.

I won't be surprised if AVB's next meeting with Levy is frostier and more tense than it usually is, or if rumors start spreading about him being replaced. He needs some pressure on him, even if he's under a lot already. Enough pressure to get him to sort out the deep problems in his system that have been exposed first at Chelsea and now here.

He needs success this season to survive. 100 million pounds he's spent, fro Christ's sake. We trusted this man. He needs to deliver.

And if he doesn't, he's off come the end of the season, no matter what excuses he croaks out.

Are those the problems he had allegedly learnt from and would not be repeating here? Those same problems we've been seeing all season? Those ones?

What's he said in his interview?

"We have to be ashamed of a result like this. Our head was gone after the first goal. It's difficult to explain. Everything went wrong for us. We have to be ashamed of a result like this"

Not too surprised about today. Expected us to get thrashed. We were not worse than any other day this season today. The football at home has been pathetic all season.

As for today, we conceded a sloppy goal, never helps, then we reacted quite well, but couldnt get anywhere near the goal as always, and when we do manage a chance, we bottle it as always.

As for the goals conceded, Dawson is so **** that it is quite good we only conceded 6.

AVB or not, the real problem is the recruitment, I have been saying all summer that we needed defenders yet most on this forum seemed to think we were fine.... Kaboul was always going to struggle coming back, dawson is championship quality and now we have no left back...and our best CB player there... What a joke.

As for AVB, he is completely lost, he has been lost for weeks, he has been given players that he wanted or not, I dont know, he doesnt know where and how to play them.

As for the players, the fact that Lennon and Dawson are still around is a joke, they are just useless... AVB wanted to get rid of them two... Why are still here?

Not too surprised about today. Expected us to get thrashed. We were not worse than any other day this season today. The football at home has been pathetic all season.

As for today, we conceded a sloppy goal, never helps, then we reacted quite well, but couldnt get anywhere near the goal as always, and when we do manage a chance, we bottle it as always.

As for the goals conceded, Dawson is so **** that it is quite good we only conceded 6.

AVB or not, the real problem is the recruitment, I have been saying all summer that we needed defenders yet most on this forum seemed to think we were fine.... Kaboul was always going to struggle coming back, dawson is championship quality and now we have no left back...and our best CB player there... What a joke.

As for AVB, he is completely lost, he has been lost for weeks, he has been given players that he wanted or not, I dont know, he doesnt know where and how to play them.

As for the players, the fact that Lennon and Dawson are still around is a joke, they are just useless... AVB wanted to get rid of them two... Why are still here?

Looking back at it maybe we should have signed to creative cm's instead of two holding cm's- it would have at least made our passing more effective plus we desperately need a pure number 10.

Are those the problems he had allegedly learnt from and would not be repeating here? Those same problems we've been seeing all season? Those ones?

Completely different ones, actually. At Chelsea he conceded them at about the same rate he scored them and alienated all the players, but especially the ****y ones.

Here he seems to have unified the players, but has ripped all attacking instincts out of them and has turned us into a not-particularly solid, utterly ineffectual side.

He either deals with these issues NOW or he walks a slow, painful, utterly embarassing walk of death to the end of the season.

Completely different ones, actually. At Chelsea he conceded them at about the same rate he scored them and alienated all the players, but especially the ****y ones.

Here he seems to have unified the players, but has ripped all attacking instincts out of them and has turned us into a not-particularly solid, utterly ineffectual side.

He either deals with these issues NOW or he walks a slow, painful, utterly embarassing walk of death to the end of the season.

In a way, that's probably worse for us as it implies if he does fix any issues, serious ones arise.

Would it have been different if we had signed Villa, Bernard and Willian instead?

Back