• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

these supposed talks i thought avb was on holiday....not that would stop psg representatives im sure.......

go on Emirates Marketing Project do you want our tea lady????????

why why oh why is everyone trying to destroy us?????? or does the media just loathe Tottenham hotspur.

Arise Sir Levy and tell the vagrants from madrid & psg to go forth and do one!!!!

Exactly...its as if someone is going around dishing out milions to sink us. example! Just when
we were about to make a decent challenge for the Prem..the England manager resigns..pay out maybe?..anyway its incredible how we keep slipping up!

Villas Boas through his agent apparently turned down PSG. They didnt get to speak to him directly. They are only offering him a one year contract anyway as Wenger will step up next summer when his Arsenal contract runs out.

Please let this be true.

Re: Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas

Duncan Castles, AVB's (one of) press buddies has tweeted tonight that AVB has chosen to stay at Spurs. He's apparently looking forward to going up against Mourinho and expects more aggressive backing in the transfer market

Very happy with AVB staying although it was obvious he wouldn't leave, just would have been a poor decision from him in my view. Bale will stay too.

Now lets push on, get some signings done, get some brick out of the door and kick on with pre-season.

PSG are really stupid if they think they can attract big name managers by only offering 1 year contract. I think the ego of most big name managers will stop them taking the 1 year contract. I think only those without clubs will be interested in a short term contract like that.

Re: AVB On Reals Madrid's Short List For New Manager

Read in the paper that Wenger is meant to be quite close to the PSG owners and has acted in an advisory role at times for them - wonder if he thought he'd try and destabilize us by putting forward AvBs name - or is that a conspiracy too far? :D

Read in the paper that Wenger is meant to be quite close to the PSG owners and has acted in an advisory role at times for them - wonder if he thought he'd try and destabilize us by putting forward AvBs name - or is that a conspiracy too far? :D

The PSG president is general manager of al-Jazeera Sports, he employs Wenger as a pundit and is said to have a good relationship with him.

i think thats exactly what happened, if wenger had that influence he would be an idiot not to try it

Hmm... so PSG tried to hire AVB to help Arsenal out. :-k Seems a teeny weeny bit MAD as a theory. What if AVB had said yes to PSG's advances? Would they stuck with him then?

"Hey Arsene. Um...remember that job you were thinking of doing for us next year? Well....er...we hired AVB by mistake and now the job is gone. Sorry about that but it was your idea. "

Hmm... so PSG tried to hire AVB to help Arsenal out. :-k Seems a teeny weeny bit MAD as a theory. What if AVB had said yes to PSG's advances? Would they stuck with him then?

"Hey Arsene. Um...remember that job you were thinking of doing for us next year? Well....er...we hired AVB by mistake and now the job is gone. Sorry about that but it was your idea. "

No, because they were only offering a one year contract.

Be that as it may is it really believable that PSG would hire AVB as a favour for Wenger?

No, it is however believable that they are running out of options and Wenger threw AVB's name out there and it stuck.

No, it is however believable that they are running out of options and Wenger threw AVB's name out there and it stuck.

Well it sounds like they may have offered him the job by all accounts which is a bit more than throwing a name into the hat. I do like a good conspiracy theory but sorry, I don't buy this one.

Well it sounds like they may have offered him the job by all accounts which is a bit more than throwing a name into the hat. I do like a good conspiracy theory but sorry, I don't buy this one.

Not particularly a conspiracy theory.

I don't see why it's not at all plausible. They are running out of managerial targets, they ask Wenger who he thinks would be a good shout. Wenger names two or three targets, with AVB in the list. PSG agree with his assessment of one or two of the managers, and then sound them out.

Not saying that's how it happened, however i don't think they'd have gone after AVB without someone pointing them in his direction. After all, he's not yet repaired the Chelsea damage to his reputation.

From AVB's chief PR writer at the Telegraph....
Staying: Spurs head coach Andre Villas-Boas has rejected the chance to lead Paris St-Germain Photo: By Jason Burt
11:59PM BST 18 Jun 2013

PSG are believed to have offered Villas-Boas a three-year contract, which would have placed him among the three highest-paid managers in world football, as well as unlimited transfers funds.

Baldini’s appointment, a deal that was agreed earlier this week and will be announced imminently, has also helped persuade Villas-Boas to stay as he has a strong relationship with the Italian, who recently left Roma and is regarded as one of the best football administrators in Europe.

Villas-Boas has been urging Spurs to recruit Baldini since he arrived at the club and chairman Daniel Levy has always liked the European model of a head coach and director of football. It remains to be seen how much control over transfers Levy now cedes in the new set-up.

Villas-Boas will now hope that Spurs push ahead with strengthening their squad so that they can challenge for honours next season and that ambition has also made him decide to stay.

PSG had identified Villas-Boas as the ideal candidate. Extensive talks have been held with Villas-Boas’s agent Carlos Goncalves over the past few days.

PSG have struggled to find a successor for Ancelotti, who will trigger his release from his contract. The wealthy French club’s Qatari owners would have ideally liked to employ Arsène Wenger but he has pledged to honour his contract at Arsenal, while another potential target, Jose Mourinho, has taken over at Chelsea.

Interestingly, PSG wanted to offer Villas-Boas a three or even a four-year contract which would suggest that they are finally giving up on the hope that Wenger will join them next summer. Wenger is entering the last year of his current contract at Arsenal and the club want to offer him a new deal.

According to sources close to Villas-Boas he is extremely grateful to Spurs and Levy for the opportunity they gave him last summer, after he was sacked by Chelsea after only a few months, and does not want to be regarded as a coach who changes clubs every season. He does want to show loyalty to Spurs where he has two more years left on his current deal and where he is settled and happy

Not particularly a conspiracy theory.

I don't see why it's not at all plausible. They are running out of managerial targets, they ask Wenger who he thinks would be a good shout. Wenger names two or three targets, with AVB in the list. PSG agree with his assessment of one or two of the managers, and then sound them out.

Not saying that's how it happened, however i don't think they'd have gone after AVB without someone pointing them in his direction. After all, he's not yet repaired the Chelsea damage to his reputation.

I'm not sure you are staying with the same plot line as Billy outlined ;). The idea that Wenger's relationship with the PSG owners would prompt them into offering AVB the PGS job in an attempt to destabilise Spurs is a little barmy. You may not label that a conspiracy theory but that is just semantics. PSG would only offer AVB the job if they wanted him as a manager.

Back