• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

This is,as they say, A Good Thing. I suspect AVB is pressuring Levy through his mate in the media and through his coyness regarding the PSG bid. Invest in the squad and give me the players I need, or I'm offski, Daniel.

I have to say it is a reasonable enough desire: back me or let me go. Will Levy respond, though? He didn't take very kindly to the last manager that tried a bit of off-season arm-twisting.

Re: AVB On Reals Madrid's Short List For New Manager

Should I be worried at how unworried I am about the chances of AVB and Bale leaving?

Wouldn't shock me if this was PSG's way of trying to land AVB AND Bale at the same time.

PSG know that Bale and AVB have a good working relationship. If AVB becomes manager at PSG, then it's a lot more likely that Bale will follow.

I don't want AVB to leave but I'm open minded as to whether I will happen or not. I can understand reasons for both him staying or leaving.

L'Equipe in France are reporting that AVB has already rejected the approach and that they are now looking at Laudrup at Swansea and have made an approach to his representatives.

L'Equipe in France are reporting that AVB has already rejected the approach and that they are now looking at Laudrup at Swansea and have made an approach to his representatives.

At this rate i'll get an interview in no time.

This is,as they say, A Good Thing. I suspect AVB is pressuring Levy through his mate in the media and through his coyness regarding the PSG bid. Invest in the squad and give me the players I need, or I'm offski, Daniel.

I have to say it is a reasonable enough desire: back me or let me go. Will Levy respond, though? He didn't take very kindly to the last manager that tried a bit of off-season arm-twisting.

Alot of it is seasonal silly paper talk.

Levy will be Levy he will try and back AVB but he seems wary of getting his hands burnt again eg pav/bentley deals that were very costly for the club. AVB does deserve to be backed to a point but we dont have the cash to compete with the top enders.

AVB will stay im sure of this but there is lots to unfold - would have loved levy already to have pulled off just one significant deal early to show avb/bale we mean business this year.

Laudrup will probably go if it's true. What has he got to prove at Swansea? He's won a trophy for them, I suppose he could stay and try and get the likes of Lukes Moore far in the Europa League or he could get a brick load of money, manage the best team in France and try and help them to a Champions League trophy.

If AVB has already rejected them then it's a bad move on his part.

What quotes from AVB's mate in the press is it you're referring to? And what coyness from AVB?

If AVB has already rejected them then it's a bad move on his part.

Really? What would success in a 3rd rate league managing a team on cheat mode do for his CV?

Even more pertinent is the question of how failure in such conditions (very possible with fickle, meddling owners) would affect it.

Really? What would success in a 3rd rate league managing a team on cheat mode do for his CV?

Even more pertinent is the question of how failure in such conditions (very possible with fickle, meddling owners) would affect it.

If he, like Mourinho, only cared about trophies and money he'd go, but AVB strikes me as someone with a real passion for coaching. He takes pleasure from building something and watching the players improve.

That wasn't what i was getting at.

Even if he had absolutely zero interest in the job he should have played it out for as long as he could. That way he could get Levy to agree to certain things that he may possibly have been reluctant to do so (ie bigger transfer budget etc etc).

That wasn't what i was getting at.

Even if he had absolutely zero interest in the job he should have played it out for as long as he could. That way he could get Levy to agree to certain things that he may possibly have been reluctant to do so (ie bigger transfer budget etc etc).

Ah, I understand.

If I were Levy I'd be hesitant to build a close working relationship (required here IMO) with someone who worked like that.

Ah, I understand.

If I were Levy I'd be hesitant to build a close working relationship (required here IMO) with someone who worked like that.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Asking the chairman for reassurances about being supported in the transfer market (something our chairman has decided not do for a while now) is something AVB should be doing anyway but with this PSG interest he has leverage.

Lets be honest if Laudrup wasn't the player he was he would never be anywhere near the PSG job with what he's done as a Manager.
He'd be silly not to take the PSG job over staying at a club where he could only get 1 win with in his last ten games.

Back