• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

AVB will recognise anyone he signs in January will take quite a while to get up to speed to his tactical plan.
I've no doubt he, like Ferguson, is the type of manager that likes to get his business done early and then prepare for the season with his squad complete.
I can't see him being that eager to sign anyone in January and if he does it will possibly be with a view to next season plans.
He is not gonna spend to bring someone in for cover for 3 games for Adebayor for instance.

I also think the next time we lose to another team people feel we should be beating (swansea or stoke at home for instance), people will be up in arms against him again.

Didn't take long. We came SOOO close to a perfectly executed away game and get undone by individual mistakes in added time. AVB out of course.

I just want to know why we look in tatters whenever we play - even if its for half an hour we always look in tatters. We panic and just continue to panic. We scored at a great time today which settled us down a bit but we didnt get away with it today whereas in the past we did

I just want to know why we look in tatters whenever we play - even if its for half an hour we always look in tatters. We panic and just continue to panic. We scored at a great time today which settled us down a bit but we didnt get away with it today whereas in the past we did

We don't have the players to play the possession football we did under Redknapp.
We couldn't defend under pressure under Redknapp either but we kept the ball off the opposition usually and weren't under the same pressure.

We don't have the players to play the possession football we did under Redknapp.
We couldn't defend under pressure under Redknapp either but we kept the ball off the opposition usually and weren't under the same pressure.

Our defence is poor but that aint my issue at the moment (primarily because i still think the likes of Kaboom and BAE will make it stronger). My issue is that we just look SO panicky. It is not just this game I have been mentioning this ALL season that we play at times as if the players have never met - just a bunch of strangers. Actually scrap that - its more like 11 THFC fans that were just drafted in

Mayb youre right and to be honest we looked SO much better with Thudd on

Jordinho.. Did you watch the match? Perfectly executed away win? We deserved a point at very best..

I think there's a few issues. One is certainly the possession, since modric left we dont have a player that can take the heat out of games. That's why Moutinho is a must in Jan.

Secondly, I think the Europa League is having an impact on the players. If AVB is gonna play the same team on a thursday night that he does on a sunday its gonna have an impact.. He obviously felt in the summer he had enough in the squad to push on both fronts but its clear as day to me that our squad isnt as good as last season. We need to add more players in Jan if he wants to make a good go of it because we just can't cope. Everton were fresh and it told in the last ten..

Finally, mentality.. AVB is making too many defensive subs in the last ten mins and it's costing us points. I can remember the west brom game, hudd came on and they scored. Against city same thing and they scored and then today he comes on and everton get the win. We need to stay on the front foot and not go into a defensive mind set.

Last edited:
Do you expect us to go to Everton and play them off the park? One our best performances there that I can remember. Most of their play came from our left side being non existant. We had GHod control of Fellaini. With either Parker or BAE we'd have won, still should have if not for some bad mistakes.

Jordinho.. Did you watch the match? Perfectly executed away win? We deserved a point at very best..

I think there's a few issues. One is certainly the possession, since modric left we dont have a player that can take the heat out of games. That's why Moutinho is a must in Jan.

Secondly, I think the Europa League is having an impact on the players. If AVB is gonna play the same team on a thursday night that he does on a sunday its gonna have an impact.. He obviously felt in the summer he had enough in the squad to push on both fronts but its clear as day to me that our squad isnt as good as last season. We need to add more players in Jan if he wants to make a good go of it because we just can't cope. Everton were fresh and it told in the last ten..

Finally, mentality.. AVB is making too many defensive subs in the last ten mins and it's costing us points. I can remember the west brom game, hudd came on and they scored. Against city same thing and they scored and then today he comes on and everton get the win. We need to stay on the front foot and not go into a defensive mind set.

Hudd also came on and WE scored. One clear blemish was Ade's reluctance to play the quick ball, countless times he had a runner ahead of him but he insisted on playing back or holding it too long. All in all you can tell that team is improving in understanding.

Do you expect us to go to Everton and play them off the park? One our best performances there that I can remember. Most of their play came from our left side being non existant. We had GHod control of Fellaini. With either Parker or BAE we'd have won, still should have if not for some bad mistakes.

I expect us to go there and try to play football, we didn't do that today. But for a fortunate deflection there was little attacking play to show, not good enough for a team who could finish fourth.

We were by far the better side as the game entered it's closing stages. Everton looked lost. I don't think tiredness was an issue. What happened was they hoofed one ball forwards which our defender should have let our keeper collect, and then got the bounce of the ball to poke another home and there wasn't much we anyone could have done about it.

But from around the moment we scored we looked far better, and before that we can complain that we weren't creating much but neither were they. And that's in part down to a solid team effort and good preparation.

I hope he was joking when he said we wouldn't be buying any new players in Jan. If he's going to play all of our best players on Thursday then Sunday, then we will have to strengthen the squad. We can't be going into games in January with just Defoe.

H did sign Saha, Chimbona, Piennar and Nelsen though! Plus today I read he is raving about Keano and Bentley. With that insightfulness lets hope he buys those last two for Big Money!!!

Maybe Levy was right not to back him with our big money...,

I didn't agree with the Pienaar signing, but most people viewed it as a good signing. By all means slate him for the ones we actually SIGNED, that's like giving Levy credit for nearly signing Moutinho.

AVB will recognise anyone he signs in January will take quite a while to get up to speed to his tactical plan.
I've no doubt he, like Ferguson, is the type of manager that likes to get his business done early and then prepare for the season with his squad complete.
I can't see him being that eager to sign anyone in January and if he does it will possibly be with a view to next season plans.
He is not gonna spend to bring someone in for cover for 3 games for Adebayor for instance.

I also think the next time we lose to another team people feel we should be beating (swansea or stoke at home for instance), people will be up in arms against him again.

All of that is irrelevant really when we have a chairman who does the exact opposite. You don't think Redknapp, Ramos, Jol etc would have wanted to get players signed early? I think most managers would.

I hope he was joking when he said we wouldn't be buying any new players in Jan. If he's going to play all of our best players on Thursday then Sunday, then we will have to strengthen the squad. We can't be going into games in January with just Defoe.

We have no thursday games now until the middle of February.
The idea of wasting money on a covering striker just in case Adebayor decides he wants to miss 3 games in January is ridiculous.
Anyone we bring wouldnt be up to speed for months anyway.

We have no thursday games now until the middle of February.
The idea of wasting money on a covering striker just in case Adebayor decides he wants to miss 3 games in January is ridiculous.
Anyone we bring wouldnt be up to speed for months anyway.

What happens if Defoe gets injured then? Harry Kane time, yippee. Tbh, even if he doesn't go the ACN, I still think we need another striker.

And what about when the Europa League starts again? I would like to see him rest Bale and Lennon a bit more in those games.

Back