• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Granted but giving them problems isn't the same as dominating. I mean they did score 5 goals after all.

I hate getting stuffed like that but I actually thought that AVB came out with some credit, also I was not impressed with Arsenal, they loaded up their right hand side and targeted Naughton, tbh we are short on options at the back and its nobodys fault just bad luck, our strongest team would give anybody a good game.

I thought he was a decent poster myself. Except for the part about keeping notes on who posted what! One way to tell it's him: He always used to go after gutterboy.

Loads of posters (including myself) make mental notes of what others say. He just messed up by admitting he did it literally which tbf was rather weird but i doubt he's the only one that does that.

Loads of posters (including myself) make mental notes of what others say. He just messed up by admitting he did it literally which tbf was rather weird but i doubt he's the only one that does that.

That's true.

Speaking of notes, I'd like to know what AVB is constantly writing in that notepad of his which he always seems to fill.

and so it begins...

#AVB was told today, he effectively has 3 games to save his job. However from what I understand, defeat to WUFC will not be tolerated, and any repeat of the WAFC performance will end in the termination of his contract, I also understand these talks were not planned prior to the Arsenal game on Saturday. Daniel and the board have obvious concerns and will act accordingly #THFC #ITK

i do not for one second believe that is in anyway remotely true - in the past with Ramos/Santini/Jol you could sense it coming, but not this time - Levy is gonna stick this one out.

and besides we're not even close to being in a position where a change in manager is even slightly warranted.

He offers a different perspective on things. Just because you disagree with someone generally it doesn't make them a "helmet".

the problem with TMK wasn't that he held differing opinions to people, it was the way he went about debating. there were plenty of people who were on the same side of the argument as him throughout his time on the board but no one caused as much turmoil as he did. it's a shame really cos the fella obviously knows his onions, even though i couldn't stand the bloke that much was clear even to me - in the end he came across like he was here purely to troll people who he had beef with - which was strange seeings as he apparently put those posters on his ignore list so im not sure what he was trying to achieve with that.

anyway that's all water under the bridge, if TMK is push and run he seems to have toned down his approach somewhat so hopefully we can just get on with bitching about how brick we're doing without any mass fallout :lol:

i do not for one second believe that is in anyway remotely true - in the past with Ramos/Santini/Jol you could sense it coming, but not this time - Levy is gonna stick this one out.

and besides we're not even close to being in a position where a change in manager is even slightly warranted.

I would be amazed if AVB isn't our Manager at the start of next season.

and so it begins...

#AVB was told today, he effectively has 3 games to save his job. However from what I understand, defeat to WUFC will not be tolerated, and any repeat of the WAFC performance will end in the termination of his contract, I also understand these talks were not planned prior to the Arsenal game on Saturday. Daniel and the board have obvious concerns and will act accordingly #THFC #ITK

This has to be the biggest load of bollox I've read all week.

If it is even remotely true - then DL has to follow suit and call it a day in what has been ultimately a failure to deliver even with his own long-term strategy - seeing that AVB's appointment was ultimately justified on those grounds. Surely he can't be stupid to shoot us in the foot.

We should be ashamed as a club wanting to sack managers after 3 defeats - worse than Chelsea - fudging instant gratification society, despicable lack of respect. Wenger and SAF were clogging it for seasons and we want to win the PL with transfers like Demspey and Sigurdsson.

What an upsetting thing to read just before bed

This has to be the biggest load of bollox I've read all week.

If it is even remotely true - then DL has to follow suit and call it a day in what has been ultimately a failure to deliver even with his own long-term strategy - seeing that AVB's appointment was ultimately justified on those grounds. Surely he can't be stupid to shoot us in the foot.

We should be ashamed as a club wanting to sack managers after 3 defeats - worse than Chelsea - fudging instant gratification society, despicable lack of respect. Wenger and SAF were clogging it for seasons and we want to win the PL with transfers like Demspey and Sigurdsson.

What an upsetting thing to read just before bed

Calm down mate, :)teletext says it all

Although i don't agree with the whole post i will say i do agree with the bit about Moyes. I don't see how you could possibly hire AVB when Moyes was an option. To me, Moyes would have sorted of our soft character and defeatist attitude when things are not going our way. Maybe it's because i rate him so highly but with Moyes at the helm i was confident we'd be doing very well indeed.

That said i don't actually think we're doing that bad now. AVB has done some good things (Well better than i expected) and needs time. With moyes i don't think he needed the amount of time AVB needs.

We will never know obviously, but I would say that

1) David Moyes and his 'style' of football would've been caned on here and by a lot of Spurs supporters.
2) He is a fine manager but he is a manager who operates best with limited resources and limited expectations. At Everton he is a king, a magician. Coming here the pressure instantly doubles.
3) I agree, he would've bedded in pretty quickly, but again, I think some of our 'supporters' would've absolutely caned him for his somewhat less-than-sparkly style...

We will never know obviously, but I would say that

1) David Moyes and his 'style' of football would've been caned on here and by a lot of Spurs supporters.
2) He is a fine manager but he is a manager who operates best with limited resources and limited expectations. At Everton he is a king, a magician. Coming here the pressure instantly doubles.
3) I agree, he would've bedded in pretty quickly, but again, I think some of our 'supporters' would've absolutely caned him for his somewhat less-than-sparkly style...

Point 2 - surely until Moyes is offered a higher pressured job where he has more money to spend, we simply don't know if he operates better with a limited budget or not? Who'd have thought that Di Matteo would be capable of winning the Champion's League with Chelsea, or that Redknapp would get us top four in two of his three full seasons? Until someone is given a chance with a bigger club I think it's tough to judge how they'd do with more pressure and a bigger budget.

Back