• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Amsterdamski!!!

Crab.C.Nesbitt

Gheorge Popescu
I've just booked a short weekend break for me and a mate to Amsterdam from July 6th to 8th! Awww yeeaaahhh!

I've been three times previously but each time got pretty blitzed, this time I'd like to do a few cultural things as well as having schmokes and pancakes!

I know there's google plus plenty of guides out there but just thought I'd ask on here if anyone had some cool ideas on stuff to see/do? We're gonna be staying right in the city centre.

Any advice gratefully received!

I've just booked a short weekend break for me and a mate to Amsterdam from July 6th to 8th! Awww yeeaaahhh!

I've been three times previously but each time got pretty blitzed, this time I'd like to do a few cultural things as well as having schmokes and pancakes!

I know there's google plus plenty of guides out there but just thought I'd ask on here if anyone had some cool ideas on stuff to see/do? We're gonna be staying right in the city centre.

Any advice gratefully received!

Honestly you didn't do any window shopping, even I did window shopping. lol

Anyways thats inappropriate.

Have you read the 50 shades of grey book? All women are bloody on the bandwagon

Why need a sybian when im at your service lady...

lol. I was intrigued at the time tbh, pre marriage. Sits in the loft now in a box.

Tulip fields are a nice visit

Anne frank Museum

Plenty of sex museums

Van Gogh Museum

and of course Ajax stadium tour

I've spent alot of time in the Dam

Mainly when I was a lad and a serious smoker

I guess its changed lots in the last 15 years

The schmokes could be coming to an end:

A controversial measure to introduce a "wietpas" (Dutch) or "weed-pass" membership system ? pushed primarily by Christian political parties within the Dutch coalition government - has been proposed; this pass would restrict coffee shop cannabis sales to residents of the Netherlands with a membership card only. The ban for foreign tourists is due to start in three southern provinces on May 1, and go nationwide by the end of 2012. After strong protests from coffee shop owners, a judge in the Netherlands has upheld a new law to ban foreign tourists from entering cannabis cafes. Lawyers representing the coffee shop owners have promised to appeal the ruling, and protests are continuing.

Yep. They want to kill weed tourism. Dam is a death trap if you're fudged! There are bikes, canals, trams, cars and weirdos everywhere!!! Stressful when you're pulling a whitey! :) if they ban weed for foreigners I will make sure I go over one last time.

A controversial measure to introduce a "wietpas" (Dutch) or "weed-pass" membership system ? pushed primarily by Christian political parties within the Dutch coalition government - has been proposed; this pass would restrict coffee shop cannabis sales to residents of the Netherlands with a membership card only. The ban for foreign tourists is due to start in three southern provinces on May 1, and go nationwide by the end of 2012. After strong protests from coffee shop owners, a judge in the Netherlands has upheld a new law to ban foreign tourists from entering cannabis cafes. Lawyers representing the coffee shop owners have promised to appeal the ruling, and protests are continuing.

Huge shame, so when exactly does Amsterdam become weed free for tourists?

A friend was in Amsterdam last week and asked a couple of coffee shop owners about this, they said there is NO CHANCE this will come into effect, and if it does, most shops will simply ignore it. They argue that banning tourists from coffee shops will just push dealing back out onto the streets, and because less people will use the coffee shops, the government will earn far less in coffee shop tax (Coffee shops are charged a very high amount of tax on their 'legal' products such as coffee, snacks, sandwiches etc., in return for being able to sell the green stuff)

The weed free Amsterdam thing isn't coming in for another 12-18 months (if at all). What they have done is introduce the pass system for sales within 50kms of a land border with the Netherlands.. this was mainly to stop the Germans and the Belgies from nipping over the border on an evening to buy weed, then going home. The ban in the Dam is more controversial as the City Council don't want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg. They estimate that (drug) tourism is worth €1.0bn to Amsterdam per year, and this could be decimated if the weed ban is imposed. In addition, it would simply drive the issue underground, and be less easy to police. The coffee shops would still exist, so all that would happen is that dodgy Dutch dudes would sell weed on street corners to foreigners, much as they do with Coke and E today. More to the point, the police don't want the new law!

In terms of cultural things to do/areas to wander around if it is sunny, make sure you go and have a perve (sorry, stroll) in the Vondel Park. All the locals go there for a sunbathe on sunny days in the summer, and it is worth the walk. There are some pretty cool restaurants there now too... check out Lieve on Herengracht 88 and Moeders on Rozengracht 251. The National Maritime Museum on the dockfront is pretty interesting, as is the NEMO experience (aimed at kids, but pretty cool for stoned adults too)

Your too late in the year for the tulips, so don't bother with that one.... watch out for the trams as they are quite quiet and deadly, but the bikes are worse... whispering death... do watch out

About the Wietpas:
Already enforced in Maastricht, it's fudging the place up.

http://www.new-rules.eu/newrules

Due to be enforced in Amsterdam on the 1st of January 2013, despite strong opposition from the city council and mayor. However the government that made this rule collapsed in April, so we can pray the new government abolishes this rule.

Back