• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

My point is if it was any other president or presidential candidate, it would be headline news. Everywhere. It'd be cataclysmic.

But it's just another day of Trump and it won't do a thing to dissuade people from voting for him, in fact it's probably won him more support.

He is getting panned for it

My point is if it was any other president or presidential candidate, it would be headline news. Everywhere. It'd be cataclysmic.

But it's just another day of Trump and it won't do a thing to dissuade people from voting for him, in fact it's probably won him more support.
I don't think will to be honest. That well is dry. He has all the racists and white supremacists on board already.

I think these debates are a bit stupid to begin with, but from the commentary I'm reading this morning it seems this one in particular served no purpose at all.

Last edited:
Summed up as "old man yells at old man"
That sounds like a fairly accurate description. Most MSM sites are leading with some variation of 'what a complete chaotic mess' as the headline but beneath the fold the call for the proud boys to stand by is the other main storyline they are running with. If that is all that anyone remembers from this debate then it is not exactly a vote winner for Trump.

As Biden's numbers grow Trump had to do something dramatic and I guess shouting over everything was the tactic he settled on, but most reports say this was a bit of a stalemate which in reality is good for Biden.

That sounds like a fairly accurate description. Most MSM sites are leading with some variation of 'what a complete chaotic mess' as the headline but beneath the fold the call for the proud boys to stand by is the other main storyline they are running with. If that is all that anyone remembers from this debate then it is not exactly a vote winner for Trump.

As Biden's numbers grow Trump had to do something dramatic and I guess shouting over everything was the tactic he settled on, but most reports say this was a bit of a stalemate which in reality is good for Biden.

I worry for Biden that he has more to lose from these debates

If he can be a clear, articulate and strong it could be a cake walk

if he continues on last night strategy he will lose support

Yes, he can only lose these debates really. I didn't see it nor have I any desire to watch it, but the reports I have read say that he did not do any damage to his campaign based on last night. I guess the polls in the next week will tell whether this had any effect at all. I doubt it will actually.

Moderated by a slightly younger old man (72).

I can't be bothered to watch these debates either, as I find them pointless in the grand scheme of things (as I do with most political debates), and reading about last night's shambles only reinforced that view.

If it was formatted and moderated as an actual debate, rather than a screaming match, it might hold some value.. What ever happened to mutual respect, regardless of differing ideas?

People don't understand nuance anymore, it's a joke. The backdrop to this debate sums it up for me, looks like something straight out of a comedy film. 'Merican flags, eagles, flimflam empty words.

agreed.

I think the damaged is people won’t be motivated to vote for either

Just saw the ‘highlights’ of the debate. F.uck me. I wouldn’t trust either of them to look after my dog for the afternoon. Trump would molest her and then sell her; Biden would lose her.

Biden actually did very well all told.

Trump did what he does -looked to sew seeds of chaos and anger- on steroids this time. He was blatantly looking to get into Biden's red zone and get Biden to snap. It failed.
I am guessing that many here do not know Biden has fought a stuttering impediment forever (genetic) so add that to his age, plus the macaron to his right blowharding an absolute wind-tunnel of total flimflam whenever he wanted, and Biden did what he had to do. He kept calm overall, albeit he took a couple of quick swings and good for him.

As for Wallace, he was blind-sided for sure by Trump's disastrous and terrible antics, and again, I thought he did well all-told. Remember, if Trump had been muted he'd have claimed conspiracy.

It was not a debate obviously. That much is clear.

But make no mistake; this was one man's brickshow, not two. I think any attempt to bring Biden down to Trump's performance level last night is lazy, decisive reporting.

For the record, I do not think Biden is the ideal candidate to run against him at all, but he is clearly the only option isn this monstrous theatre.

Biden actually did very well all told.

Trump did what he does -looked to sew seeds of chaos and anger- on steroids this time. He was blatantly looking to get into Biden's red zone and get Biden to snap. It failed.
I am guessing that many here do not know Biden has fought a stuttering impediment forever (genetic) so add that to his age, plus the macaron to his right blowharding an absolute wind-tunnel of total flimflam whenever he wanted, and Biden did what he had to do. He kept calm overall, albeit he took a couple of quick swings and good for him.

As for Wallace, he was blind-sided for sure by Trump's disastrous and terrible antics, and again, I thought he did well all-told. Remember, if Trump had been muted he'd have claimed conspiracy.

It was not a debate obviously. That much is clear.

But make no mistake; this was one man's brickshow, not two. I think any attempt to bring Biden down to Trump's performance level last night is lazy, decisive reporting.

For the record, I do not think Biden is the ideal candidate to run against him at all, but he is clearly the only option isn this monstrous theatre.

Biden got pretty bad press all day yesterday for his part in the debate even from his own support group

TBH I didn't watch it all, three people shouting at each other is pathetic TBH, I find the whole thing uninspiring

thing is, you can't debate Trump. He genuinely is a child. Biden isn't great let's be clear, but if that was Biden vs any other Republican it would have been a more sensible debate in terms of back and forths. Trump is like me getting my 5 year old to do his homework, just doesn't listen.

My concern for the US is that they get another limited leader for 4 years and people just shrug and say "anything is better than Trump" which isn't very ambitious for the self proclaimed best country in the world

Back