• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I'm not sure that rings true to me. Surely the average Sanders supporter is by definition going to be about as ideologically opposed to Trump as it's possible to get.

Wouldn't the opposing candidate therefore be a mere detail?

I don't consider Biden radical left like some (in the US he is but in European terms he's not), those people are quite ideologically driven and care more about that than anything else. To them anyone apart from Sanders is equally as awful.

Democratic moderates as they like to call themselves would probably be the equivalent of a one nation Tory over here.

I don't consider Biden radical left like some (in the US he is but in European terms he's not), those people are quite ideologically driven and care more about that than anything else. To them anyone apart from Sanders is equally as awful.

Democratic moderates as they like to call themselves would probably be the equivalent of a one nation Tory over here.

If I were a left wing voter faced with that choice, I imagine I'd find it far more palatable than the ERG getting their hands on the wheel. And then act accordingly.

Last edited:
If I were a left wing voter faced with that choice, I'd find it far more palatable than the ERG getting their hands on the wheel. And I imagine I'd act accordingly.

Some of their policies (or supposed policies were actually similar though) in some protectionism and better support for US jobs and industries. Sanders and Trump for example both hated NAFTA.

I guess it's in some ways similar to Brexit where you can be both hard left or hard right and either party could support Brexit (but for different reasons).

Some of their policies (or supposed policies were actually similar though) in some protectionism and better support for US jobs and industries. Sanders and Trump for example both hated NAFTA.

I guess it's in some ways similar to Brexit where you can be both hard left or hard right and either party could support Brexit (but for different reasons).

I get what you're saying, but I still find it hard to believe that very many of the anti-Trump crowd would risk helping him toward a second term in that way.

The Beeb said:
Second Trump guest 'tests positive'

President Trump told a news conference at the White House Rose Garden earlier that he was "likely" to be tested - despite having no symptoms of Covid-19.

Why? Especially as, one, he's been saying for days that there's no need as he feels fine and, two, he told the same gathering that authorities were not recommending tests for those without symptoms.

But the urgency of a test for the US leader may have become that more pressing after new US media reports suggesting that a second person who visited President Trump’s private Mar-a-Lago estate last weekend has now tested positive. The first was a Brazilian official. The second has not been identified
Russian tinklefluffy bunnies cuddling is my guess.

So Trump, despite possibly being in contract with two infected officials from the Brazilian administration, issues a press release stating he will not be tested for the virus.

In general I agree testing someone without symptoms is unnessecary, but for ageing world leaders I would think better safe than sorry. The US government are mostly a bunch of oldies after all. Unleashing the corona virus on them might not end well.

As you say, hopefully...

I'll believe it when I see it. A very good article and perhaps this is the breaking point. Trump is doing his thing though, blaming others, self promotion, feeding talking points to the propaganda machine.

It's just so disgusting. It's not even just the incompetence, it's the disdain for competence, knowledge, truth.
The only thing that surprises me about all of this is how surprised people are.

The signs have been there for a long time. On both sides of the Atlantic stupidity has been celebrated for far too long now.

The only thing that surprises me about all of this is how surprised people are.

The signs have been there for a long time. On both sides of the Atlantic stupidity has been celebrated for far too long now.
I'm at the point where a real drop in the support from his base would surprise me a lot more than just about anything he can say or do.

Stupidity, cruelty, narcissism, all celebrated. Nauseating.

As you say, hopefully...

I'll believe it when I see it. A very good article and perhaps this is the breaking point. Trump is doing his thing though, blaming others, self promotion, feeding talking points to the propaganda machine.

It's just so disgusting. It's not even just the incompetence, it's the disdain for competence, knowledge, truth.

It's the first crisis that he has to deal with that wasn't self made.

It's the first crisis that he has to deal with that wasn't self made.
Not sure that matters much when those who support him have done so even when it has been his fault.

The difference to me is that this crisis is directly impacting people who support him in a more immediate and different way. Perhaps people will be inclined to view his spin more critically when it's their lives instead of some out group that can be dehumanized.

Will it actually be enough to break through? I kind of doubt it.

Back