• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

CNN reveal document with Trumps signature authorising Moscow property deal.. Flynn grilled during sentencing today, the word treason finally mentioned by judge.

It's getting more and more unstable for the Drumpf team.

Trump wanting to get out of Middle-East wars is a big positive imo. Let the Russians and Assad fight Isis and hopefully, that civil war can come to an end. Trump wants out of Afghanistan too and they are worried about getting the troops out too quickly. Only been there 17 years, maybe they should slow it down a bit...

The US pulling out of Syria may unleash another wave of refugees to Europe and the ripple effect that has. Russia is using refugees as a weapon.

The US pulling out of Syria may unleash another wave of refugees to Europe and the ripple effect that has. Russia is using refugees as a weapon.

I think the main thing that would abate the flow of refugees would be the war there coming to a decisive end. From what I gather, Assad (with Russian backing) is getting to that point. America not being involved would help that outcome, as that's less support for the people fighting Assad's regime. It's not a pretty picture to paint a victory for a qunt like Assad backed by another qunt like Putin, but it's probably the least worst outcome. I don't think American involvement over there has in any way helped with the refugee crisis.

In the broader scheme, less American war-mongering would be a very good thing for the world. I see Hilary Clinton doesn't like it, but these are the people who destroyed Libya and created the massive refugee problem from that part of the world.

I'm just surprised he's actually doing it, especially with nutty John Bolton as his national security advisor. My only worry would be the possibility that America is drawing down it's military involvement in Syria/Afghanistan in preparation for a conflict somewhere else (like Iran).

I think the main thing that would abate the flow of refugees would be the war there coming to a decisive end. From what I gather, Assad (with Russian backing) is getting to that point. America not being involved would help that outcome, as that's less support for the people fighting Assad's regime. It's not a pretty picture to paint a victory for a qunt like Assad backed by another qunt like Putin, but it's probably the least worst outcome. I don't think American involvement over there has in any way helped with the refugee crisis.

In the broader scheme, less American war-mongering would be a very good thing for the world. I see Hilary Clinton doesn't like it, but these are the people who destroyed Libya and created the massive refugee problem from that part of the world.

I'm just surprised he's actually doing it, especially with nutty John Bolton as his national security advisor. My only worry would be the possibility that America is drawing down it's military involvement in Syria/Afghanistan in preparation for a conflict somewhere else (like Iran).
The flow of refugees from Syria has already been abated. It is a mere trickle compared to what it was. I've read an opinion that this tap will be turned back on if the US just steps out now. As for US continued involvement in the region. Well that is a whole other thread on its own but this the general consensus on this one matter appears to be that this is not the way to do it.

The flow of refugees from Syria has already been abated. It is a mere trickle compared to what it was. I've read an opinion that this tap will be turned back on if the US just steps out now. As for US continued involvement in the region. Well that is a whole other thread on its own but this the general consensus on this one matter appears to be that this is not the way to do it.

Would that be because the worst of the fighting is over? (I don't know, I'm just speculating).

Would that be because the worst of the fighting is over? (I don't know, I'm just speculating).
It is nearly over in terms of removing ISIS. They have about 1% of the territory that they had at their peak. This part is in the end game now but the US stepping out will leave their Kurd allies as the next target and an escalation is almost inevitable, from one side or another.

It is nearly over in terms of removing ISIS. They have about 1% of the territory that they had at their peak. This part is in the end game now but the US stepping out will leave their Kurd allies as the next target and an escalation is almost inevitable, from one side or another.

I guess at the end of the conflict, whenever it came, the Kurds were always going to be targetted by Turkey. America and The West have a history of throwing the Kurds under the bus too. Might depend on if the Kurdish forces come to an agreement with Assad.

I guess at the end of the conflict, whenever it came, the Kurds were always going to be targetted by Turkey. America and The West have a history of throwing the Kurds under the bus too. Might depend on if the Kurdish forces come to an agreement with Assad.
I've no clue what is going to happen. It is a clusterfudge, but it will escalate again if the US abandon their allies. And that is what Putin wants.

I've no clue what is going to happen. It is a clusterfudge, but it will escalate again if the US abandon their allies. And that is what Putin wants.

I think Erdogan is the one who wants the Kurds weakened by US withdrawal. Russia might prefer it if it means they can help Assad win the civil war more quickly. I'm not sure why Russia would particularly want more chaos in the region than is necessary, I would have thought they want the conflict over ASAP. They don't have the money for war in the way that America does and they were perfectly happy to stay out of the recent wars in the Middle-East until their interests in Syria came under threat.

I think Erdogan is the one who wants the Kurds weakened by US withdrawal. Russia might prefer it if it means they can help Assad win the civil war more quickly. I'm not sure why Russia would particularly want more chaos in the region than is necessary, I would have thought they want the conflict over ASAP. They don't have the money for war in the way that America does and they were perfectly happy to stay out of the recent wars in the Middle-East until their interests in Syria came under threat.
Yes Erdogan asked Trump to take the troops out and he said he would, but the threats to the Kurds are not just from Turkey. Russia doesn't give a fudge about ISIS. Putin is looking a few steps ahead of this conflict.

Last edited:
Back