• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

COIN006.JPG

COIN008.JPG

2965186761_fd2ba83cf3_m.jpg

For two decades, the commander in chief has doled out distinguished-looking coins as personal mementos. Now, the presidential “challenge coin” has undergone a Trumpian transformation.

The presidential seal has been replaced by an eagle bearing President Trump’s signature. The eagle’s head faces right, not left, as on the seal. The 13 arrows representing the original states have disappeared. And the national motto, “E pluribus unum” — a Latin phrase that means “Out of many, one” — is gone.

Instead, both sides of the coin feature Trump’s campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again.”

The changes don’t stop there. In addition to his signature, Trump’s name appears three times on the coin, which is thicker than those made for past presidents. And forget the traditional subdued silver and copper: Trump’s coin, a White House aide marveled, is “very gold.”

Aides said the coin reflects a president determined to make good on his promises to the American public. Asked why the campaign slogan was included, a White House aide replied: “That’s central to the message. I’m sure there will not be just one coin during his tenure. I’m sure the next one will say ‘Made America Great Again.’ ”

If you made a movie about a narsicistic, sexist, illiterate, uneducated, irony defying, fact denying, egocentric, self profiting, lazy brute of a billionaire who somehow became US president, you would struggle to match the brick that's currently happening.

If you did match it, chances are your script would be refused for being way too exaggerated.

I wish I could go into the future and see how future generations view Trump's presidency, because this is madness at a whole new level - stuff you'd expect to hear about some crazy third world dictator.

He says his base is stronger than ever and he's right. The twenty odd percent that support him will do so forever because there's no other alternative to them. They will remain Republicans till they die. If you say you believe in GHod and Republican values, that's all they need hear. They will keep throwing the bible at you without having understood anything it tries to tell you.

The Democrats need to engage the independent voters to win back the majorities next year.

He says his base is stronger than ever and he's right. The twenty odd percent that support him will do so forever because there's no other alternative to them. They will remain Republicans till they die. If you say you believe in GHod and Republican values, that's all they need hear. They will keep throwing the bible at you without having understood anything it tries to tell you.

The Democrats need to engage the independent voters to win back the majorities next year.
I think the Democrats can walk it just by putting forward a sensible, likeable candidate. The problem they had last time was splitting themselves between a sensible candidate nobody liked and a ridiculous one who everyone liked.

Back