• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I hate all this one knee gonad*s, I respect peoples right to protest but for me it not in sports personally.

THat said I don't get the whole national anthem every game crap either

I hate all this one knee gonads, I respect peoples right to protest but for me it not in sports personally.

Couldn't agree more. Sport should be an escape from politics and all the other gonad*s of day to day life. The gesture is just full of self-importance and ruins the enjoyment for spectators.

Far better just to not have an anthem at all.

Couldn't agree more. Sport should be an escape from politics and all the other gonads of day to day life. The gesture is just full of self-importance and ruins the enjoyment for spectators.

Far better just to not have an anthem at all.

by playing the national anthem at the start of every game they are already politicising the game, this is a political statement you cant then have an issue with players using it for their own causes.

Cant see them getting rid of the anthem any time soon - US are a little mad about flags, police and military.

I hate all this one knee gonads, I respect peoples right to protest but for me it not in sports personally.

I think they should use the Dele salute.

And f*ke all this saluting the flag bo**ocks!

But Sports in the US are not just Sports, they are much more than that socially.

How? I don't agree and can't see how they are? Especially where teams can move across the country without a blink. I would say English football is more socially important than US sports and I hate when people bring politics into the game

How? I don't agree and can't see how they are? Especially where teams can move across the country without a blink. I would say English football is more socially important than US sports and I hate when people bring politics into the game

I agree they are not part of the community (with some acceptions), but the tribalism and coming together of people that seems to be mixed in with "watching Sports" in the US seems to make it a vehicle for getting across messages too.
But I might be way off mark on this one

I agree they are not part of the community (with some acceptions), but the tribalism and coming together of people that seems to be mixed in with "watching Sports" in the US seems to make it a vehicle for getting across messages too.
But I might be way off mark on this one

Messages for Taco Bell maybe

Couldn't agree more. Sport should be an escape from politics and all the other gonads of day to day life. The gesture is just full of self-importance and ruins the enjoyment for spectators.

That's sort of the point of the protest, though. The American people didn't listen, and did jack sh*t, when people peacefully protested police brutality and racial injustices in America. They then went apesh*t when those protests started blocking roads and public intersections - 'don't bring yer pawlitics into my daily life, or I'll fudging run you over.'

So, a protest isn't allowed to actually disrupt daily life in any way, and if it just happens peacefully away from public attention...then nobody pays attention. Thus, the halfway house solution is to bring it into sports - 'if you won't hear us when we protest in ways you deem appropriate, and you despise us when we protest in ways that mildly inconvenience you, then we'll bring protests into the areas you use as an escape from the realities of racial and social injustices in America.'

If even *that* is too much for Americans to handle - if even *that* makes Americans angry at the uppity black folk daring to speak out against what goes in the United States today - then it will become abundantly clear to black folk, poor folk and ethnic minorities across the country that white America was never interested in listening to 'peaceful' protests. That they just wanted to be able to happily live their lives without bothering to listen to them in any way, shape or form.

At that point, they can have their NFL free from protests. But it will matter somewhat less when the next instance of the police blowing apart some 12-year-old black boy results in dead police officers, burnt buildings and outright riots as the 'peaceful' protests give way to violent action. For every Martin Luther King, after all, there was a Malcolm X - and people turn to darker avenues when peaceful means seem pointless or too taxing, as they did with the LA Riots in '92.

That's sort of the point of the protest, though. The American people didn't listen, and did jack sh*t, when people peacefully protested police brutality and racial injustices in America. They then went apesh*t when those protests started blocking roads and public intersections - 'don't bring yer pawlitics into my daily life, or I'll fudging run you over.'

So, a protest isn't allowed to actually disrupt daily life in any way, and if it just happens peacefully away from public attention...then nobody pays attention. Thus, the halfway house solution is to bring it into sports - 'if you won't hear us when we protest in ways you deem appropriate, and you despise us when we protest in ways that mildly inconvenience you, then we'll bring protests into the areas you use as an escape from the realities of racial and social injustices in America.'

If even *that* is too much for Americans to handle - if even *that* makes Americans angry at the uppity black folk daring to speak out against what goes in the United States today - then it will become abundantly clear to black folk, poor folk and ethnic minorities across the country that white America was never interested in listening to 'peaceful' protests. That they just wanted to be able to happily live their lives without bothering to listen to them in any way, shape or form.

At that point, they can have their NFL free from protests. But it will matter somewhat less when the next instance of the police blowing apart some 12-year-old black boy results in dead police officers, burnt buildings and outright riots as the 'peaceful' protests give way to violent action. For every Martin Luther King, after all, there was a Malcolm X - and people turn to darker avenues when peaceful means seem pointless or too taxing, as they did with the LA Riots in '92.
Protests shouldn't get in the way of everyday lives. No matter how valid the protest, I find myself actively against anyone who gets in the way of my life. How dare they presume to inconvenience me, my time is and always will be more important than their cause.

And whilst I don't agree with Trump that people should stand for an anthem, I do think that anyone bringing politics into sport should get a lengthy ban. Again, how dare they presume to take my relaxation away from me? I know their cause, I understand their cause, in this case I have sympathy with it. The only thing disturbing my relaxation will do is turn me against their cause.

The root problem is the assumption that because people aren't joining in support, we don't know or haven't heard about it. That's just insulting. I don't need some kneeling douchebag to enlighten me, I've just decided that getting on with my brick is more important to me than getting on with his brick.

Back