• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I'll say this for Trump -- if his warning shot at Syria stops further use of chemical weapons there, then he deserves a fair bit of credit.

I must say i'm generally puzzled by the chemical attack and the reasons for it; like @the dza says it simply doesn't make sense for Assad to do that to his people now, especially at a time when Trump said that he saw Assad as an ally in the fight against ISIS!

The old cynic in me then starts to look around for some explanation for the oddity of the incident, in a least its timing and clearly suicidal nature from even a purely PR point of view, and i start to ask: who benefits from the incident?

I must say i'm generally puzzled by the chemical attack and the reasons for it; like @the dza says it simply doesn't make sense for Assad to do that to his people now, especially at a time when Trump said that he saw Assad as an ally in the fight against ISIS!

The old cynic in me then starts to look around for some explanation for the oddity of the incident, in a least its timing and clearly suicidal nature from even a purely PR point of view, and i start to ask: who benefits from the incident?

Your over thinking things, the guy is crazy and does not see his people as human beings, history is littered with such people.

Your over thinking things, the guy is crazy and does not see his people as human beings, history is littered with such people.

I think you are being too simplistic; he's not isolationist Kim Jung-Un and has local allies in Iran and some allies in Palestine. He doesn't NEED to gas his own people to keep his gang together and let's face it: is he any more "crazy" that the leaders of Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the like? Or more "crazy" than Putin? Than Trump?:eek:

Ok maybe that last part is a bit harsh, but you get my point; somebody in that position of power and in that region doesn't need to do such a crazy act at such a time when they were not the biggest pariah in the world by a long shot

He studied at Imperial College in the early 90s. I wonder what he was like in halls of residence?

I guess that's a bit second rate though. Most top dictators did Oxford then Sandhurst.

Russian troops would have been standing by with knowledge that the attack was going on. I think that the truth is they don't care and an American attack on an airfield without any thought to a long term strategy will have little impact.

I think you are being too simplistic; he's not isolationist Kim Jung-Un and has local allies in Iran and some allies in Palestine. He doesn't NEED to gas his own people to keep his gang together and let's face it: is he any more "crazy" that the leaders of Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the like? Or more "crazy" than Putin? Than Trump?:eek:

Ok maybe that last part is a bit harsh, but you get my point; somebody in that position of power and in that region doesn't need to do such a crazy act at such a time when they were not the biggest pariah in the world by a long shot

I agree with a lot of what you say, but the dude is crazy and it is no use trying to work out what crazy people do.

C9IQa6HUMAA6kvf.jpg

C9FvcxtVoAA17XN.jpg

Back