• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Big issue in the US is you can buy assault rifles and such off the rack. Who needs this? You can probably buy Hellfire missiles over there at WalMart along with your 6-pack of Buds.

The A-Team.

Although they never killed anyone. Poster boys for gun ownership.
That damn A-team! They were worse than killers, they spread psychological terror with their pitying of fools and bogus expression like "quit yo' jibba jabba" and "don't give me no backtalk, suckah!"

Option C: set the goat in the garden on them.

:) What if the goat gets injured... I mean I named it and everything. And the delicious goats milk is giving me cheese. What will I do without the cheese? WHAT WILL I DO WITHOUT THE CHEESE?

We don't know how many attacks didn't go ahead because of the ownership of guns.

Unfortunately this is one of those issues where there are two very opposed sides, both very emotional and shouty with very little factual evidence from either.

Sam Harris for me is fairly excellent on this issue (too). Talks on his podcast to people who know what they're talking about. The fact that he manages to tinkle off both shouty emotional sides of the argument isn't enough to be right in itself, but it's probably a necessity.

Big issue in the US is you can buy assault rifles and such off the rack. Who needs this? You can probably buy Hellfire missiles over there at WalMart along with your 6-pack of Buds.

Bit of a red herring for me. The biggest issue in the US by far is the war on drugs and ensuing gang violence it produces. A lack of restriction on who can buy guns along with a underdeveloped mental health care system probably both bigger problems than which guns are available to buy legally. Though those are just my personal opinions, no good sources on those last two. War on drugs being the biggest, often understated or even unstated, problem seems almost impossible to argue against from where I'm sitting.

Who needs a car that can go faster than the speed limit? Who needs alcohol?

:) What if the goat gets injured... I mean I named it and everything. And the delicious goats milk is giving me cheese. What will I do without the cheese? WHAT WILL I DO WITHOUT THE CHEESE?

Sam Harris for me is fairly excellent on this issue (too). Talks on his podcast to people who know what they're talking about. The fact that he manages to tinkle off both shouty emotional sides of the argument isn't enough to be right in itself, but it's probably a necessity.

Bit of a red herring for me. The biggest issue in the US by far is the war on drugs and ensuing gang violence it produces. A lack of restriction on who can buy guns along with a underdeveloped mental health care system probably both bigger problems than which guns are available to buy legally. Though those are just my personal opinions, no good sources on those last two. War on drugs being the biggest, often understated or even unstated, problem seems almost impossible to argue against from where I'm sitting.

Who needs a car that can go faster than the speed limit? Who needs alcohol?
Me.

Trump won again, by the way. He is gonna do it isn't he? So it comes down to Trump v Hilary or Bernie...

I thought other candidates were supposed to be just waiting in the wings for Trump to implode before they came into the reckoning? What happened to that theory? Is he really gonna be running for President!?

I thought other candidates were supposed to be just waiting in the wings for Trump to implode before they came into the reckoning? What happened to that theory? Is he really gonna be running for President!?

Indeed. So did everyone. Except it sure hasn't shaped up that way. Over-estimating people part 34567...

They're supposed to drop out at this point and consolidate the vote against him - that's what normally happens when you have an outlier like him.

The real curve ball this year isn't Trump, there's always a Trump, it's Cruz. He knows he can't win, he knows Rubio can win but he's showing no sign of dropping out.

They're supposed to drop out at this point and consolidate the vote against him - that's what normally happens when you have an outlier like him.

The real curve ball this year isn't Trump, there's always a Trump, it's Cruz. He knows he can't win, he knows Rubio can win but he's showing no sign of dropping out.

I agree. Objectively-speaking, you have to say Trump is playing this perfectly, taking advantage of the egos around him and continuing to hammer a path into the heart of the non-voting American idiots who will absolutely loathe Clinton for so many reasons. In fact, if you were being cryptic, you might say he is behaving like Leicester, and Cruz is behaving like the goons. They know they cannot win the title, they know we can, but rather than do the decent thing and step aside to let the big boys hammer it out, they insist on pretending to everyone they can 'do it'...

I hate Arsenal.

Yeah, What's the deal with Cruz? He seems like a complete loon. Maybe, like something out of House of Cards he is just trying to haggle for something before he agrees to drop out?

Yeah, What's the deal with Cruz? He seems like a complete loon. Maybe, like something out of House of Cards he is just trying to haggle for something before he agrees to drop out?
I don't know, it makes no sense at all.

Cruz and Trump by all accounts really dislike each other and would never accept a place in the other's administration. He can't work with Rubio as he's already established himself as the "not Trump" anti-establishment candidate.

There's really not much left for him other than to fudge it up for everyone else. If it gets really nasty with Trump he might drop out early to spite him but I think he genuinely believes he can win - strange considering everyone else sees him as a dead man walking with the recent press he's got.

Someone going to have sneak up on him and cut that bloody comb forward off - then he he will never be seen again!

Would he get a syrup?

Last edited:
I don't know, it makes no sense at all.

Cruz and Trump by all accounts really dislike each other and would never accept a place in the other's administration. He can't work with Rubio as he's already established himself as the "not Trump" anti-establishment candidate.

There's really not much left for him other than to fudge it up for everyone else. If it gets really nasty with Trump he might drop out early to spite him but I think he genuinely believes he can win - strange considering everyone else sees him as a dead man walking with the recent press he's got.

Could still get something in a Rubio administration though?

Or perhaps he just thinks he can do what Trump did. Go from very unlikely to actually possible... Still fairly early.

Could still get something in a Rubio administration though?

Or perhaps he just thinks he can do what Trump did. Go from very unlikely to actually possible... Still fairly early.
I'm not sure he can take a position from Rubio. Rubio is very much the establishment man, Cruz has set himself out as being very anti-establishment.

I'm wondering if there's a special role they can come up with for him where being an outsider would be seen as an advantage - some kind of "blue sky" policy unit or something.

I'm not sure he can take a position from Rubio. Rubio is very much the establishment man, Cruz has set himself out as being very anti-establishment.

I'm wondering if there's a special role they can come up with for him where being an outsider would be seen as an advantage - some kind of "blue sky" policy unit or something.

Traditionally I think you're spot on. Rubio wouldn't promise him anything. But like dingdongo said that might be a reason for Cruz to hang on in there now until Cruz is pressured to promising him something. Even if Trump won't do that.

Back