• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Always look on the bright side of life

superfaisty

Nico Claesen
Ok so I'm nearly over the whole debacle of sunday and thought it was about time we put some perspective back into the forum, I'll start the ball rolling:

1) We're still only 3pts off the top of the league

2) We haven't seen the best that the team can offer- with players to come back from injury

3) We have a great squad of players who are still gelling

4) We've got a progressive manager with a lot to prove still. I'd rather AVB than that tactical genius Fat Sam.

5) Townsend has been good but there's definitely more to come

Come on feel free to add more it'll make you feel better

1)AVB will now be under pressure to deliver, which should see him become more tactically flexible and introduce subs earlier. Should.

2)We're two from two in our EL campaign; win the next two eminently winnable games against Sheriff and we'll have secured our spot in the First Knockout Round, allowing us to rest players for the last two against Tromso and Anzhi. I sincerely hope that if we do turn out to have 12 points from four games come late November, we will see the entire squad being filled with youth teamers for the last two games, which should help our fitness levels to no end.

3)Rose will return after the international break: no more Naughton at left-back, hopefully.

4)For once, we look like being able to spend to address any deficiencies in January, and despite previous let-downs over the past few years, I'm confident that with Baldini around, we will do exactly that when the window opens.

5)This could really be our year, cup wise: the domestic ones look eminently winnable, and our 4-0 demolition of Villa proves that we have the back-ups to enable us to go all the way in at least one of them.

6)Yesterday's travesty at least allows AVB an insight into the problems of the squad early into the season, and the two-week break allows his time to address said problems.

7)If the rumors are true, we will finally begin work on the stadium in March or April next year.

8)Steffen Freund is our assistant head coach. That will never stop bringing a smile to my face every time I think about that.

9)The media cacophony about our title chances will die down now, allowing us a modicum of respite from incessant scrutiny.

10) The Met can't arrest everyone at a game, so Herbert and Baddiel will have to listen to 'Defoe, he's a Yiddo' for quite some time yet. :)

11) Townsend is looking very motivated and dangerous.

12 through 17) everything you said.

Oh, and 18) with Baldini's appointment, it looks like we're finally trying to build a Swansea-style dynasty at the club, buying players that fit a certain style of play instead of a mish-mash of random talents. Even if AVB ****s up or leaves early, we will likely appoint another manager who favours a similar direct style of play, which should help our consistency and player turnover rates to no end. Think Simeone, Hyppia or Garcia.

1)AVB will now be under pressure to deliver, which should see him become more tactically flexible and introduce subs earlier. Should.

2)We're two from two in our EL campaign; win the next two eminently winnable games against Sheriff and we'll have secured our spot in the First Knockout Round, allowing us to rest players for the last two against Tromso and Anzhi. I sincerely hope that if we do turn out to have 12 points from four games come late November, we will see the entire squad being filled with youth teamers for the last two games, which should help our fitness levels to no end.

3)Rose will return after the international break: no more Naughton at left-back, hopefully.

4)For once, we look like being able to spend to address any deficiencies in January, and despite previous let-downs over the past few years, I'm confident that with Baldini around, we will do exactly that when the window opens.

5)This could really be our year, cup wise: the domestic ones look eminently winnable, and our 4-0 demolition of Villa proves that we have the back-ups to enable us to go all the way in at least one of them.

6)Yesterday's travesty at least allows AVB an insight into the problems of the squad early into the season, and the two-week break allows his time to address said problems.

7)If the rumors are true, we will finally begin work on the stadium in March or April next year.

8)Steffen Freund is our assistant head coach. That will never stop bringing a smile to my face every time I think about that.

9)The media cacophony about our title chances will die down now, allowing us a modicum of respite from incessant scrutiny.

10) The Met can't arrest everyone at a game, so Herbert and Baddiel will have to listen to 'Defoe, he's a Yiddo' for quite some time yet. :)

3 and 11 are depressing if they are supposed to give us optimism and cheer us up . QPR and Sunderland is where they belong, not a side trying to compete with Utd, City Arsenal and Chelsea.

Unfortunately, I think he's also got given Shooting from Outside the Box 101 :)

Great thread.

And great post Dubai. =D>

I agree that rather than being annoyed that there is now a break in the league (no game to jump straight back into) it is a good time of reflection for our manager and team to think seriously about what the **** happened to produce that lacklustre performance.

Ok so I'm nearly over the whole debacle of sunday and thought it was about time we put some perspective back into the forum, I'll start the ball rolling:

1) We're still only 3pts off the top of the league

Better than that, we're only one behind Chelsea, level with City and 3 ahead of Utd. One of them will win the league so we're even closer than it seems.

3 and 11 are depressing if they are supposed to give us optimism and cheer us up . QPR and Sunderland is where they belong, not a side trying to compete with Utd, City Arsenal and Chelsea.

3136a193dc406d196a4c3cd731a11016.jpeg

But honestly, it's great to see a positive thread emerge after the utterly tiresome knee ****ing that's been going on over the last few days.

We're still in a fantastic position and this season will have many more ups and down to come. It's ridiculous wide open.

I for one cannot wait, very exciting times.

Would have to come from our squad and the B-list I think, so won't be an entire group of spotty teenagers even if AVB wanted to go that route.

Without a doubt as people we learn more from our mistakes (unless your homer simpson). And so I'm sure that AVB will learn- we haven't got a bad squad but if sunday showed anything we have to be up for each and every game.

And after our good start the pressure will definitely be on AVB and the team to bounce back- and bounce back we will. We simply cannot play as bad as that again. It was definitely the kick up the backside the players needed.

I'm actually much more confident about the rest of the season now after sunday. We simply can't take anything for granted for the rest of the season. One bad day at the office does not a bad team make.

The things that went wrong on sunday can be remedied for the most part with the squad we now have. I'd be a lot more worried if we hadn't improved the squad so much this year. Roll on the Villa game-COYS!

Back