• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Always getting let down by our players!

as an aside - how enforceable would a rule stating that if you go on strike, in say the manner Berbatov did, as a player you cannot play professional football for X amount of seasons?

Like gardening leave.

He can go on striker but he doesnt get paid and has to serve the remaining years of contract then sue their ass for lost transfer fees etc

Most every player at the club has left another club to come to Spurs, and another before arriving at that club, etc. Unless a player stays at one club his entire career, he is bound to "let down" each club and its fans. And so it goes.

Who wanted us to show Bale 'loyalty' when we had never won a game with him in the team? Who wants us to show Defoe 'loyalty' by pulling out of the Soldado deal in order to give him more playing time?

Harry thought he was a jinx. He actually uttered those words and repeated them in print.

This is professional football....there's non professional football if you want loyalty. Still there are glory seeing players always looking to upgrade to a better team.

We expect loyalty from the players but very little loyalty is shown to players who are going through a rough patch or fans take a dislike to. If bale had a really poor season then he would get a load of abuse and 'fans' would be calling for him to be moved on. Loyalty should work both ways.

I love Gareth as a player. He has been immense as a player for us. One of the very best. I'll never begrudge him a move to do what he has dreamt of doing.

Pretty much what others have said... Players come and go, the club will always remain.

IF Bale does go it will hurt for about a week and then we'll forget all about him. I loved Modric while he was here and was gutted when he left, but within no time at all my attention had turned to other players.

Both players and fans are incredibly fickle, that's the way it is. If Bale goes it won't dampen my enthusiasm for the new season... I'll still be excited, we'll still have a good team and I'll be looking forward to seeing the likes of Paulinho and (hopefully [-o<) Soldado in action.

Who wanted us to show Bale 'loyalty' when we had never won a game with him in the team? Who wants us to show Defoe 'loyalty' by pulling out of the Soldado deal in order to give him more playing time?

I did, for one. I thought he had excellent potential and would become a very good player for us, perhaps not realising that he would be 'this' good though. I remember a game Bale played against Fulham, the game ended 2-2 and for me he showed the talent, in that game, that would see him succeed.

Welcome to modern football! No players give a toss about clubs these days, I'm sure that if Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs were at United and United were finishing mid table and not able to give them huge wages, they wouldn't need to think twice about putting in a transfer request. The love of the club would go out the window.

We expect loyalty from the players but very little loyalty is shown to players who are going through a rough patch or fans take a dislike to. If bale had a really poor season then he would get a load of abuse and 'fans' would be calling for him to be moved on. Loyalty should work both ways.

Exactly. Jermaine Jenas is a good example of this. We tinkled all over Jenas, why shouldn't Bale be allowed to tinkle all over us?

Bet he gets penalties for madrid though and we will carry on not getting any, been thinking it all summer but we really need to start a corruption thread the amount the refs fudge us over.

Dont think Bale has let us down us at all. He's given us some amazing memories, and if he wants to become one of the greats he would have to go to a club of Real's ilk. I don't begrudge him of this move at all....

Why does he have to move to RM to become one of the greats? That's just media brainwashing flimflam in my opinion.

Let's face it Real Madrid, despite having access to ridiculous financing and the best players/managers in the world have hardly hauled in the trophies have they? 3 La Liga titles in 10 years in a comparitively weak league, Copa Del Ray once in 10 years, haven't won European Cup/Champions League since 2002.

If you were talking about Man Utd I could understand it a little more.

Why does he have to move to RM to become one of the greats? That's just media brainwashing flimflam in my opinion.

Let's face it Real Madrid, despite having access to ridiculous financing and the best players/managers in the world have hardly hauled in the trophies have they? 3 La Liga titles in 10 years in a comparitively weak league, Copa Del Ray once in 10 years, haven't won European Cup/Champions League since 2002.

If you were talking about Man Utd I could understand it a little more.

I don't think he needs to become one of the greats..he already is. We need to appreciate him more.

Bang on.

He is a player of such quality that he doesn't need to go the atrocity that is Real Madrid to 'make it as a great'. You don't get you face plastered up in Times Square and on the cover of a video game with Messi if you're not considered world class already.

Back