• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alexandre Pato - cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else prefers us to buy him for 12m than Berahino for 25?
he's scored 21 goals in this season in the brazillian league, and he suggested earlier this summer that he might want to return to europe. Plus he's not that much of a gamble for that money, still only 25.

http://hotspurhq.com/2015/08/28/tottenhams-backup-striker-might-be-alexandre-pato/?

If we sign (I know it's not likely) Witsel and Pato, after already signing Son and Alderwereld, thats first team improvement across the pitch IMO and a great summer even if we did leave it too late for comfort

No, sorry. I just think Pato's had it in Europe and is too much of a risk to take. I would take him for a fee of £5-6m but even then I would prefer a loan for a year with an option to buy as I don't see the point in punting £5m. I'd rather minimise the risk and get someone who has done it in the EPL and doesn't have as much baggage.

He seems to have been around forever (scoring worldies for Milan when Dinho was there) and he's only 25.

I want the duck. Get him in Levy. Embrace the duck.

Has auction written all over it. Maybe not in transfer but in wages and add ons. Which club will be desperate enough to shell out? Still if the transfer fee is lower then it might make sense. Berinho 22m and 60k per week verses Pato 140k per week but significantly lower transfer fee.

With Pato's stock being low, maybe he is a good fit with us. Technically he has great quality. Could Poch get him working hard for the team? Would be a tough call: Berahino or Pato, especially if Pato is £15m cheaper. Put £10m aside for his wages for a couple of years and still be £5m+ up.

Last edited:
This rumour actually has me hoping it will happen! IF he can avoid injury now he could go onto great things as he is an intelligent player with pace (unless the injuries hampered that) why not take a punt nothing ventured nothing gained!

It's a risky move. He was electric when he burst onto the scene. Arrived with a huge rep but he blames Silvio Berlusconi for telling him to play up top rather than from wide. He was garbage for a few years but is back in form right now.

It might be an inspired signing but it feels a bit like the type of signing Harry Redknapp would have gone for. Not sure Poch will

you never know this could actually be one of those wild transfer punts that comes off for us.

I think he is an option for us...albeit a back-up one.

I'm quite sold on this deal, versus dealing with the inexplicably hostile wba. Better to secure a striker of his quality than risk last minute moves.

Keen on this too & reckon Levy would be up for it.

For £7m, if he shows any kind of form we can easily make a profit. If he "flops" then he's still a backup forward for low price.

Have a feeling he'd do an Adebayor and be motivated to prove he's still got it.

in keeping with my newfound spirit of feck the CL..if he can provide half the entertainment value in that clip (i know it's one of them feckin compilations with Godawful "music" reverberating something about a "mistake" which may prove ironic later)... i say get the boy in. Audere Est Facere

Get him in. Incredible player at Milan, don't know about now but who cares?! I want him.

This story seems as likely as not to be a signal to one J. Peace that we think we've got much cheaper fallback options, IMO. Knight to Bishop 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back