• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alcohol

spurspinter1

Paul Stalteri
Should it be banned?

Does it either create anger, or uncover anger?

Or going buy the proposed science of the film "Another Round" are sober people fundamentally lacking the required alcohol level to function at the best level.

I'd prefer having various strains of indica or sativa legally available as drug dealers are a fudging nightmare in the UK whereas shopkeepers are lovely in terms of customer service, but are essentially selling us poison with a grin. When you buy something that is a certain proof level on the bottle, you know that's what it's going to be rather than some taco telling you it's 10/10 etc

Also interesting on the pricing front - 10 cans of 440 San Miguel at £10.30 or 4 cans of whatever for 6 quid, obviously I'm going to get the 10 cans but if I were to go to the pub I'd get two pints of Guinness for around the same price. Are we being programmed to be less social but drink more? Or is that an excuse in my head. I was out in a truly excellent pub yesterday and politely asked if a group were using a chair that was free and got a full "comedian's" routine and could have ended with me wrapping the chair around the guy's head for just cause imo.

No doubt I'll be embarrassed by this "thread" tomorrow but just putting the questions out there, as someone who regularly makes a tit out of themselves on here and is perplexed by their own communicational choices the day after.

Should it be banned?

Or going buy the proposed science of the film "Another Round" are sober people fundamentally lacking the required alcohol level to function at the best level.

I'd prefer having various strains of indica or sativa legally available as drug dealers are a fudging nightmare in the UK whereas shopkeepers are lovely in terms of customer service, but are essentially selling us poison with a grin. When you buy something that is a certain proof level on the bottle, you know that's what it's going to be rather than some taco telling you it's 10/10 etc

Also interesting on the pricing front - 10 cans of 440 San Miguel at £10.30 or 4 cans of whatever for 6 quid, obviously I'm going to get the 10 cans but if I were to go to the pub I'd get two pints of Guinness for around the same price. Are we being programmed to be less social but drink more? Or is that an excuse in my head. I was out in a truly excellent pub yesterday and politely asked if a group were using a chair that was free and got a full "comedian's" routine and could have ended with me wrapping the chair around the guy's head for just cause imo.

No doubt I'll be embarrassed by this "thread" tomorrow but just putting the questions out there, as someone who regularly makes a tit out of themselves on here and is perplexed by their own communicational choices the day after.

I have had an up and down relationship with booze, nothing bad but felt on reflection that even moderate drinking was interfering with my health, I cut it out totally for 6 months and noticed almost instant benefits to my day to day. An extreme comparison but I've also done the same with breads and pastas and noticed the same. The reason I mention both is that I purposely reintroduced bread and oticed it actually made me feel sick, something I seemingly didn't notice at all when I was having it enmasse in the past and probably accepted as the norm, which also made me think the same about booze and it was the same. Since then I've moderated all things I have like booze, pastas, sugars etc as I think I react to them all similarly. I think with my dad being ill and hitting 40 I've started to fret about my own mortality too.

Anyway not sure that waffle is of interest but to your point, I do think there is an almost socially driven ignore button with what booze does to society at its worse while we concentrate on the ills of drugs etc. That's not to say that we shouldn't concentrate on those things but there is a huge disparity on focus considering that booze can cause IMO.

I have had an up and down relationship with booze, nothing bad but felt on reflection that even moderate drinking was interfering with my health, I cut it out totally for 6 months and noticed almost instant benefits to my day to day. An extreme comparison but I've also done the same with breads and pastas and noticed the same. The reason I mention both is that I purposely reintroduced bread and oticed it actually made me feel sick, something I seemingly didn't notice at all when I was having it enmasse in the past and probably accepted as the norm, which also made me think the same about booze and it was the same. Since then I've moderated all things I have like booze, pastas, sugars etc as I think I react to them all similarly. I think with my dad being ill and hitting 40 I've started to fret about my own mortality too.

Anyway not sure that waffle is of interest but to your point, I do think there is an almost socially driven ignore button with what booze does to society at its worse while we concentrate on the ills of drugs etc. That's not to say that we shouldn't concentrate on those things but there is a huge disparity on focus considering that booze can cause IMO.

Totally agree. Problem is, I like getting drunk! But I treat it like cream cakes now, it has to be worth it. I cut out all the routine boozing where possible. A few birthdays, or nice meals. Completely agree on the carbs too.

Totally agree. Problem is, I like getting drunk! But I treat it like cream cakes now, it has to be worth it. I cut out all the routine boozing where possible. A few birthdays, or nice meals. Completely agree on the carbs too.

Yeh exactly, now if I drink its with reason rather than socially getting involved for sake of it. I love booze don't get me wrong and I enjoy the buzz of getting drunk, I just had abit of a moment where I was able to step back and separate myself and see it differently

If you go on the science, the best thing to do would be to ban alcohol and cigarettes, but legalise specifically mushrooms, lsd and ecstasy in their place.

That would massively improve public health and public order.

A few specific things:

Mushrooms are far more effective than anti-depressants at treating depression. They can actually treat it, rather than numb people.

More people a year die from taking paracetamol than ecstacy.

Should it be banned?

Don't ever stop being a tit, we're all tits at some point, it's good to be able to laugh at yourself.

Alcohol, like everything else, is fine in moderation and if taken sensibly.
Know your limits, appreciate what it can do for you if you stay within your limits and the harm it will do if you stray out of those limits too often.

Stop throwing shade on bread.

As with many things alcohol is fine in moderation and pleasure

If it was banned the biggest loss would be the hundreds of wonderful pubs, bars, shacks etc that all of us have experienced and frequented during our lives.

None of them would be the same selling fruit juice and water.

Cigarettes though, seriously, what's the point. No upside whatsoever.

Granted...95% of bread sold to humans is trash...but hey, that's the food 'industry' for you.

But bread is not 'evil'. Stripped back to it's traditional roots....it's a thing of simplistic beauty.

Oh I fcuking love bread, just found it fascinating on what it along with other things did to my body after 30 years of not even thinking.

Same with Coffee TBh but I still drink black coffee by the bucket load

Last edited:
Granted...95% of bread sold to humans is trash...but hey, that's the food 'industry' for you.

But bread is not 'evil'. Stripped back to it's traditional roots....it's a thing of simplistic beauty.

I don't think humans in general cope very well with gluten. It's not part of our natural diet (evolutionary wise). Good bread tastes great, but the bloating and fatigue are just not worth it. And even people who don't think they get them should try 3 months of being bread free, and see how much better they feel

If you go on the science, the best thing to do would be to ban alcohol and cigarettes, but legalise specifically mushrooms, lsd and ecstasy in their place.

That would massively improve public health and public order.

A few specific things:

Mushrooms are far more effective than anti-depressants at treating depression. They can actually treat it, rather than numb people.

More people a year die from taking paracetamol than ecstacy.

A question for everyone. If you could legalise just one thing, what would it be?

As with many things alcohol is fine in moderation and pleasure

If it was banned the biggest loss would be the hundreds of wonderful pubs, bars, shacks etc that all of us have experienced and frequented during our lives.

None of them would be the same selling fruit juice and water.

Cigarettes though, seriously, what's the point. No upside whatsoever.

The human race would also probably struggle to procreate if alcohol was withdrawn.

Cigarettes keep you skinny and your mind off the rain... But no - I agree, no point at all.

I don't think humans in general cope very well with gluten. It's not part of our natural diet (evolutionary wise). Good bread tastes great, but the bloating and fatigue are just not worth it. And even people who don't think they get them should try 3 months of being bread free, and see how much better they feel

Most food intolerances have come about because of modern processes whether that farming, but mainly the food industry. Food ingredients are unrecognisable from there harvested state. The majority of stuff on supermarket shelves is embarrassing. An exercise in marketing and (as always) tweaking everything to be as addictive to us humans as possible. No (despite endless packaging claims) care whatsoever regarding nutritional value.

Put simply, western diets have smashed people's gut health. Unable to process and over sensitised to a myriad of things (many it shouldn't be encountering).

Spend 6 months doing something about that and slowly reintroduce things that you were sensitive to, and it may surprise you.
And I'm not talking about supermarket snide 'sourdough' ('hey this is on trend...let's capitalise':rolleyes:) ...perhaps make your own just with flour, water, starter and a little salt, so you know what's gone in it. It's not difficult.

To say evolutionary wise we weren't naturally meant to eat bread is nonsense and dismissive of all the billions of naan, roti, pitta, tortillas, ciabatta, vetkoek, bagels, soda bread, sourdough, and humble flat breads and bread sticks ....consumed over the many centuries. Are you saying, all those people were suffering but just didn't know it?

Back