• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Advice

WhoopWhoop

William Gallas
Wind Up Merchant
Last few months had chronic constipation followed by violent diareah after few tests and doctors appointments find out I'm celiac. Anyone else on here? Admit I'm struggling like mad to eat 'gluten free' any tips advice etc

No tips as such but my new GF is "Gluten-free" and it's killing me just how healthy she eats.. It's hard enough trying to cut out eating foods like pizza, pasta, bread etc when I'm with her but at least I can eat what I want when she's out! I feel your pain.

Although on the bright side, it's a good opportunity to change your diet and start eating a lot healthier, hopefully you'll feel a lot better for it.. I know I do.

There are loads and loads of wheat free products out there now but as with all of these thing you have to get used to them. As a matter of course in are house we try and limit the amount of wheat we consume. Home made spelt bread is just the gonad*s!!!! wheat free pasta is good.
Try and hunt out a good whole food shop a bit more expensive than the supermarkets (who are starting to have a good range) but they will open your eyes to the huge amount of stuff there is out there for someone like you.

Not as serious, admittedly, but I'm wheat intolerant.

It's a damn pain, because no matter how appetizing it looks, no wheat/gluten free product quite matches the real thing.
But you can get by, albeit at greater cost.

The problem I'm finding at the moment is the lack of fibre in my diet is causing daily constipation, which is leading to other issues.
I think my job (sitting at a desk for 12 hour shifts, hardly moving) doesn't help either, as my previous job involved constant walking around, and I didn't suffer as much.

In time, after lots of reading of food packets, you will have a good idea what you can and can't eat. But be prepared for some surprises at first.

A word of warning regarding bread...............there are a few loaves out there now, but many taste brick (like someone has dragged them along a gritty path first) but the ones that look and taste best, often fall apart as you take them out of the pack as there is no gluten to bind the mixture together. Massive air-holes also appear in the slices. I've thrown whole loaves away in frustration as they have been more holes than bread, so take your time to look at it before you buy. "Genius" is probably the best loaf. Most wheat free pasta is pretty edible these days.

Oats is gluten free, nuts contain lots of fibre. Spelt is not gluten free so stay away from that

Opps my bad... I forgot spelt can be acceptable to people who have wheat intoralance but not to gluten free diets.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk HD

You aren't a coeliac, seek a second opinion. If you were a coeliac you would not get the constipation, just the diarrhea. You may however have a wheat intolerance or ibs...that said, its pretty easy to keep a gluten free diet these days; most supermarkets have sections dedicated to it - with cereal options, bread options and loads of biscuits & cakes etc

Guiness, fish and chips, apples, cheese, ham and a grape. Easy. Oh, and lager. And peanuts. Mmm lovely job. And a yoghurt.

Back