• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adebayor, Kaboul, Capoue...

If were to offload Ade and get Betenke in, I think it would see us much improved

I found this ....

[video=youtube;4MNfajvxhM0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MNfajvxhM0[/video]

The likes of Bony or Benteke would be good but I doubt if we'd be in for either of them now.

Benteke is actualy a whole lot better than people give him credit for .

If you get the chance, watch him play for Belgium rather than for that horrible Villa team Lambert has assembled. Due to our signings, I found myself watching a few of their World Cup qualifiers. He linked up well as the Belgium team patiently passed their way through the Scottish team, both home and away and then, when they relied on counter attacks away to Serbia after his early headed goal, he played a big part in both the second and third goals in an impressive 3-0 win

You don't need to convince me, mate! Indeed I rate Beneteke much higher than Bony. Indeed if there is a comparison to Bent, it is applicable more the Bony around which the Swansea team is focused. But as you say, there is no way Villa would sell in January. However I would be in like a shot in June with a 20 mill cheque under Lerner's nose.

No probs!!

I don't agree with you however. I think Benteke's hold up play is actually pretty decent and getting better every season. UNlike powder puff Bent, the Belgian is so strong and has such good ball control that he cannot be sh*t as a target man. But above all, we need a goal scorer, especially when we play against the packed defences you quite rightly pinpoint. We need someone who will bully packed defences, we need a player who will draw two defenders onto him and still be able to beat them physically or at least disrupt a packed defence to open spaces for his teammates. For me that player is Christian Benteke...

I remember watching Benteke in the world cup last summer and when the ball was played up to him it just bounced off him. Was astonished how poor he was at link up play and holding the ball up. really cant see that he's worth what it would take to get him. There must be equally capable CFs out there and available for half the price

I remember watching Benteke in the world cup last summer and when the ball was played up to him it just bounced off him. Was astonished how poor he was at link up play and holding the ball up. really cant see that he's worth what it would take to get him. There must be equally capable CFs out there and available for half the price

Are you serious? Benteke didn't play in the world cup!!:-" :-k He was injured [-X#-o That was probably Lukaku; I know they have a similar skin colour but that's as far as the comparison goes; we dodged the bullet there...

have a look at the video wiziwig put up and see his brilliant hold up play for their second goal...

Your talking about Lukaku - and yes his first touch is baggy and he is very up and down with regards to performance. Benteke would have started had he been fit in all likelihood.

Benteke leading our line with Kane Eriksen and Chadli in behind would be unbelievable.

In a nutshell, collectively they have stuck together to defy the manager on certain issues, the manager has stuck to his guns, the chairman is backing the manager and whether they can be offloaded or stay, you can safely say they are very much on the outer fringes. It has been spoken of in detail (specific incidents, denials, etc) but generally speaking this became an issue of a changing guard in the dressing room, a manager doing it slowly and giving people a chance and those chances not being taken in a very non-judgemental, transparent way so that no-one can say the manager didn't try. To be fair, if the players involved had stepped up and delivered, the club would've won there too. Either way it's been a bit of a 'win-win' as it's sorted out some deep dividers on all levels and shown the sort of man Poch is. He is, for me, nothing short of excellent in how he's dealt with everything. Not one person has been 'sold out' to the press, despite their sniffing for filth...

100% agree Steff. For me, it's been the best thing about Poch's management so far. He's given all the players a fair crack and those that have let him down have been quietly removed from the side, with no circus act to the media about it all. All been very respectful, a massive contrast to the previous 3 managers and a welcome change.

The likes of Bony or Benteke would be good but I doubt if we'd be in for either of them now.

Benteke is actualy a whole lot better than people give him credit for .

If you get the chance, watch him play for Belgium rather than for that horrible Villa team Lambert has assembled. He linked up well as the Belgium team patiently passed their way through the Scottish team, both home and away and then, when they relied on counter attacks away to Serbia after his early headed goal, he played a big part in both the second and third goals in an impressive 3-0 win
Excellent point game which had me convinced saw him in person totally dismantle the USA national team on his own he scored 2 and assisted another and was completely unplayable. His touch was excellent and with all of their talented players everything went though him

I really think he is underrated as all hell because he plays in a shower of **** that is villa these days

I've never quite gotten the criticism aimed at Benteke. Not saying he's the next Drogba or anything, but he's certainly a good striker for me at least.

I've never quite gotten the criticism aimed at Benteke. Not saying he's the next Drogba or anything, but he's certainly a good striker for me at least.

Probably because he plays for Aston Villa. There seems to be a mindset among some that it is beneath us to buy established players from these clubs... Our biggest mistake was being scared to pay the 25 mill in the summer of 2013 that would have got him at the time! And ending up paying the same for Sold-a-dud (albeit in installments). Imagine what Benteke could have achieved in our colours! And I believe that he could be our Drogba...

Me neither mate. The only thing he has had going against him was some injuries, but whenever he is healthy he looks good and mind he is in a terrible Villa side feeding off scraps. Speaking of that Villa side is absolutely atrocious I don't know how their fans take it week in week out. I have seen them a few matches this year win 1-0 and look putrid. Sad because they have a great loyal fanbase deserve better

Probably because he plays for Aston Villa. There seems to be a mindset among some that it is beneath us to buy established players from these clubs... Our biggest mistake was being scared to pay the 25 mill in the summer of 2013 that would have got him two years ago! And ending up paying the same for Sold-a-dud (albeit in installments). Imagine what Benteke could have achieved in our colours!

probably more to do with the fact that at that point he only had one standout season in his career and Premier League history is filled with players who have a great debut season for lowly sides in the league and then fail to live up to the hype. it would have been an expensive gamble and it's more than understandable why some fans weren't overly keen on it, imv

To me that is a ridiculous comment. Bent was successful because Charlton were set up simply to provide him with chances, playing deep and then launching counter attacks exploiting Bent's pace. Benteke's goals come from his own making, whether an imperious header, a thunderous shot from the edge of the box, a tap in or a solo run. Bent never had this level of diversity in his game - plus, for all the dissing he still gets, I would LOVE Sold-a-dud to score HALF the goals that Bent did in our colours. This I truly find hypocritical... posters who slated Bent finding every excuse in book to excuse the Spaniard's complete waste of space on the pitch. Even when he doesn't score, Beneteke's physical presence unsettles the opposing defence and creates spaces for his teammates to exploit - or they would if he wasplaying for a half decent team other than Villa

Benteke in a Spurs shirt, with Kane up front, would be legendary....

Your use of the L word has sullied anything you said prior and in the future.

probably more to do with the fact that at that point he only had one standout season in his career and Premier League history is filled with players who have a great debut season for lowly sides in the league and then fail to live up to the hype. it would have been an expensive gamble and it's more than understandable why some fans weren't overly keen on it, imv

Really? So we decided to sp**k exactly the same amount of money on a player who only played in a league that was totally different to the characteristics of the EPL and whose playing and physical characteristics were obviously at odds with the ones we needed from our CF! Irrespective of having one standout season (because of injury incidentally) you only need to look at Benteke playing and the types of goals he scores to see the guy is class; even more when he is surrounded by good players in the Belgian team. Above all Benteke has one characteristic that guarantees he will be successful - he always turns up against the better sides!

Really? So we decided to sp**k exactly the same amount of money on a player who only played in a league that was totally different to the characteristics of the EPL and whose playing and physical characteristics were obviously at odds with the ones we needed from our CF! Irrespective of having one standout season (because of injury incidentally) you only need to look at Benteke playing and the types of goals he scores to see the guy is class; even more when he is surrounded by good players in the Belgian team. Above all Benteke has one characteristic that guarantees he will be successful - he always turns up against the better sides!

I love Benteke but thats harsh seeing as we have the benefit of hindsight now. I along with 99% of Spurs fans were elated when we got Soldado, I don't think even his harshest critics could have predicted he would be such an utter disaster of a signing.

I love Benteke but thats harsh seeing as we have the benefit of hindsight now. I along with 99% of Spurs fans were elated when we got Soldado, I don't think even his harshest critics could have predicted he would be such an utter disaster of a signing.

Fair enough - hindsight is a distorter of facts and history. My point was solely in respect to the one standout season comment by billyiddo (also a fair comment).

What is more risky buying someone who has all the attributes of a top EPL striker and backed it wtih admittedly one great debut season or a player whose sole success was in a league with very different characteristics and in essence, other than the top 4 teams, every one else is cannon fodder for strikers? It was mainly a comment on different perceptions of very much the same risk...

Fair enough - hindsight is a distorter of facts and history. My point was solely in respect to the one standout season comment by billyiddo (also a fair comment).

What is more risky buying someone who has all the attributes of a top EPL striker and backed it wtih admittedly one great debut season or a player whose sole success was in a league with very different characteristics and in essence, other than the top 4 teams, every one else is cannon fodder for strikers? It was mainly a comment on different perceptions of very much the same risk...

I don't think Soldado turning out the way he has changes whether or not people had good reason to doubt a big money bid for Benteke. On paper Soldado was a forward with a good goal scoring record over many seasons and approaching what should be a forwards 'best years'

Back