• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Accountants

johnola

Mauricio Taricco
Are you an accountant?

Is it still respectable on the inside and the outside?

My niece thinks this is a good career to get into, but I personally think it is disreputable and endemic with fraud.

Am I right to point this out?

Why do you think it's disreputable and endemic with fraud?

Next door neighbour was a quiet golf addicted family man AFAIK. He got busted having an affair and his ex was telling ,y wife how she is ferreting through his financial affairs as there were regular scams including fraud and arson keeping them afloat.

Also aware of several Chelsea hooligans who were accountants. Then we have the dalliance with the revenue with the head office types.

I'm more interested to know from insiders if they think there is integrity in the profession, or if those lines are different to the rest of us.

Next door neighbour was a quiet golf addicted family man AFAIK. He got busted having an affair and his ex was telling ,y wife how she is ferreting through his financial affairs as there were regular scams including fraud and arson keeping them afloat.

Also aware of several Chelsea hooligans who were accountants. Then we have the dalliance with the revenue with the head office types.

I'm more interested to know from insiders if they think there is integrity in the profession, or if those lines are different to the rest of us.

Depends what she wants to be really. If she wants to be a management accountant then there will be very little fraud, as it's all about budgeting and setting targets. If she wants to be an Auditor than it'll be all about integrity as she'll spend her days trying to prove that others have legitimately reported their accounts. Financial accounting i guess is the one you would expect fraud to be rife, however the punishments for it are high enough to put the majority of people off.

That said you will always find some bad eggs. Someone who cheats on his wife isn't going to have the most integrity, so you can hardly be surprised if they are cheating in other parts of their lives. Same as Chelsea 'hooligans', they don't sound the most trustworthy lot to start with.

Last edited:
Takes ages to qualify. My friend has been doing it for years.

No it doesn't. If you want ACA, ACCA or CTA then you can do them in 3 years (or shorter for the exam part) but then you need a certain amount of on the job experience alongside them.

Plenty of respectable accountants around, you are thinking of the old fashioned way of people are are more financial advisers and managing individual company/wealthy individuals books.

There are gazillions of jobs in the industry providing advise and services in all sorts of areas such as corporate finance, expats, inbound assignees, global employment income, M&A and loads more.

I think you posted in the wrong thread , you need to be in the " what do you do in your spare time " thread

I think you need to be in the "learn how to make a joke" thread.

either that or the "learn how to take a joke" thread... your call.

I think you need to be in the "learn how to make a joke" thread.

either that or the "learn how to take a joke" thread... your call.

I can take a joke anytime, please let me know when you make one.

Pulling out the stereotypical " accountants are boring " isn't a joke , just a weak effort.

I wasn't trying to make a joke you numpty.. I was stating an opinion, never have i known a stereotype to be more accurate. Ever.

I wasn't trying to make a joke you numpty.. I was stating an opinion, never have i known a stereotype to be more accurate. Ever.

I see the side effects of your " herbal sex enhancements " are still playing with your mind !

Never has a stereotype been so obvious ... Ever.

I see the side effects of your " herbal sex enhancements " are still playing with your mind !

Never has a stereotype been so obvious ... Ever.

Probably other herbal enhancements playing with my mind. You're an accountant, aren't you?

It's OK to be boring, nothing wrong with sudoku and cross word puzzles for a Saturday nights entertainment. Whatever floats your pickle buddy.

Back