• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

I like Lennon, but I have been frustrated by the fact that when he does start I rarely see him do the one thing he use to excel at which was causing havoc by running at defenders. Remember the good old days when he used to make players like Evra his biatch? Nowadays he always seems to just play the simple pass backwards. Sure he is helps out defensively but first and foremost he should be an offensive player but I just do not see enough of that.

Personally I would give him until the end of the season to up his game

I like Lennon, but I have been frustrated by the fact that when he does start I rarely see him do the one thing he use to excel at which was causing havoc by running at defenders. Remember the good old days when he used to make players like Evra his biatch? Nowadays he always seems to just play the simple pass backwards. Sure he is helps out defensively but first and foremost he should be an offensive player but I just do not see enough of that.

You kind of have to play him to make that call

My concern is, Lennon is a known commodity who is willing to be on the bench, and he can cover for cups, he can play on both sides if needed.

Who really replaces him? not as a first 11 player, but as a quality pacey utility winger in the squad?

Two things with Lennon

1) I don't think he fits Poch system at all there is no need for a true natural winger

2) He really doesn't provide much of a threat I can't recall many if any games I came out saying wow Lennon really caused them problems and changed the match. He really hasn't progressed quite the opposite

That being said i also don't see much sense in selling him now as he is a known commodity and good squad depth, unlikely we will bring anyone else in so he is useful to have just in case

You kind of have to play him to make that call

My concern is, Lennon is a known commodity who is willing to be on the bench, and he can cover for cups, he can play on both sides if needed.

Who really replaces him? not as a first 11 player, but as a quality pacey utility winger in the squad?

I actually think he's been pretty useful and certainly seems to be adapting to suit the Poch system - I mean specifically when playing on the left.

However I think he surely has to come into the category of being replaceable - not suggesting for one minute that it's gonna happen but Mirallas would be on the list of potential replacements and IMO would see more game time.

I actually think he's been pretty useful and certainly seems to be adapting to suit the Poch system - I mean specifically when playing on the left.

However I think he surely has to come into the category of being replaceable - not suggesting for one minute that it's gonna happen but Mirallas would be on the list of potential replacements and IMO would see more game time.
I keep seeing Mirallas name coming up and I think he is quality but is there any sign Everton would sell? He is one of the few they have actually scoring goals and playing well

Lamela and Townsend ahead of him, plus Poch seems to prefer Eriksen, Kane or uncle Tom Cobbly out wide when it comes down to it, so given he's also said Azzo can go if he wants, that's got to be it, surely.

I keep seeing Mirallas name coming up and I think he is quality but is there any sign Everton would sell? He is one of the few they have actually scoring goals and playing well

Similar record to Eriksen IIRC.

Don't think Everton would be inclined to sell, nor obliged to if rumours of an extension clause in his contract are true. Think it's all paper talk to be honest

While McManaman looks set to join relegation rivals West Brom for a fee of £4.5m – a sum that scuppered any hopes Steve Bruce had of landing his man – and Manchester United’s Fletcher on the verge of swapping red for the claret and blue of West Ham according to the Daily Mail, a move for perennial target Aaron Lennon could yet be weaned off life support as Stoke City appear to have dropped their interest .

The Times reports that the Potters have turned their attentions to Barcelona youngsters Adama Traore and Sandro Ramirez , pulling the plug on any plans to buy the Spurs winger.

That could lead Tottenham, who had hoped to sell the one-time England international, to accept a loan deal for Lennon , along with an option to buy – a plan which would suit City in their pursuit of added attacking flair.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-City-transfer-talk-Stoke-end-Aaron-Lennon/story-25928729-detail/story.html

Sad day when we keep Townsend ahead of Lennon

Yeah... I agree.

I can see why Azza is on the brink of going. I just don't think he'll ever really fit into Poch's system, it's as simple as that.

Clearly Poch sees something in Townsend, or sees him as a better fit for his system.

I'd keep Lennon not only cos I think he is a better player than Townsend, but he also gives us a good alternative in terms of reverting to 4-4-2 if Plan A ain't working for whatever reason. Not many better than Azza at ripping up opposition fullbacks! And, crucially, I STILL believe he can do this, he just needs the right set-up and service (which he hasn't had for a while). Give him those things and he can still leave full backs on toast.

Oh well, it'll be a sad day when Aaron Lennon is sold. I will trust Poch though, he has to do what he feels is right.

Rather watch Lennon in full flight than Lamela or Townsend. But he settled and never pushed on the way he could have.

You know I don't want to knock Townsend. He's a proper Spurs boy. He's a decent player but right now has a lot of flaws. Still he has some good attributes, just drives me insane when he tries a cruyff turn on the halfway line and gets robbed when the stakes are so high.

Lennon imo has always been criminally underrated but I'm not going to go into all of that again. Good luck to him.

Soon the likes of Vertonghen will be our longest serving player once Ade and Kaboul go (not counting Brad). Crazy turn over. Actually the youth academy guys have been with us for years

The only thing I'd question about him leaving is. Could he offer more in the next few months than : Paulinho, Chirches, Capoue, Friedel, Kaboul, adebayor,( This lot could be replaced with youth players, for all they offer)

Soldado, Lamela and Townsend won't offer much more.
Don't think we've carried as many expensive unsuited players for a long time. And Baldini and Levy collect handsome salaries.

Best of luck Lenny, if only you'd been a little less Ganster (maybe a bit more end product)

I still haven't seen a link about this supposed loan deal...until i do...

fingers-in-ears.jpg

Back