• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A sequel to the shinning coming out next year

many of Kings books are intertwined so he's kinda been doing sequels for ever (in addition to the obvious series books like dark tower and the green mile)

it'll be awesome, because pretty much everything he writes is, I can't wait

many of Kings books are intertwined so he's kinda been doing sequels for ever (in addition to the obvious series books like dark tower and the green mile)

it'll be awesome, because pretty much everything he writes is, I can't wait

is he going blind? i might be thinking of someone else, never realised that the shawshank was based on one of his books till someone told me the other day. My favourite of his movies(sorry books) was the one where the guy got cursed by a gypsy and lost loads of weight despite eating what he wanted.

i don't think he's going blind, i think he has some hereditary sight degeneration problem

sounds like thinner to me, but i've not actually read that one yet

in some cases yeah, I really like Philip Kerr's Bernie Gunther books for example

Holy crap, those are my favourite books. I always pre order them on amazon i just love them. When i was in Berlin(what a dump by the way) i made the missus go with me to the bar in the Adlon and have a beer. Bernie is my hero more so then someone like jack reacher.

Did you know Kerr had a dinner with De Niro and he wanted the rights for the books to turn into movies, Kerr decided he did not like him so got up and walked away. Read that in an article ages ago. A lot of people do not know of these books and i feel they are missing out big time.

Your y new favourite poster now, well done, step forward and take a bow=D>

cool, I've got Prague fatale waiting to be read, struggling to finish something else first

that's awesome going to the adlon, bet they don't really have a house detective though

Glad you referred to it as the shinning, och!!

This has been on the cards for some time now and I'm still very nervous about what to expect. King has followed on from the shining already with the black guy having recovered from being attacked and appearing in another of his stories IIRC but a sequel is another proposition entirely. So far with sequels he's fallen a bit flat - see black house as the sequel to the epic talisman. I loved the original story and as much as I'm a huge Kubrick fan and the film is one of my favourites I do believe he missed too much out. I'm just worried that as this is one of the few books I've ever read more than just once or twice that this could do it a disservice but I'll probably just disassociate it in my head and enjoy it as a new story. Technically King has already revisited the shining genre with his short story 1408 which is one of his best in recent times IMO

Back