• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A radical thought (perhaps)...

Papercut

Jermaine Jenas
Okay, to start with I have to say the evidence is here - I've always thought Andros was the youth product that I was most excited about and I love the fact he is a youth product and I will champion his cause (if justified) over any expensive signing.

BUT

I think looking at our signings we were looking at powerful wing backs and tica taca attaking play (sorry but think the goons around the 18 yard box). This would explain the signings of Chadli, Lamela, Eriksen, etc. We were looking to move away from the one man show of Bale, which worked whilst he was here but would not work when he left...

Andros has been amazing but it's not what we were looking to do before we started to splash the cash. We didn't want to be so direct in that sense (aka Bale) but wanted to pass our way into the parked bus and score with great movement - would make sense of 1 up top...

Sooo...

Can we not play Andros and Rose as wing backs? They are not part of the defensive unit. The defensive unit is the 2 CB's and 2 DMs. Sandro and Capoue for example will cover the sides along with our CBs...

Soooo...

---------------------Lloris---------------------------
------------Kaboul/Daws - Vlad/Verts----------------
Walker------------------------------------Andros/Rose
--------------Sandro-----Capoue/Pauli-------------------
------Lamela-----Eriksen---Chadlie/Ade---------
------------------Soldado/JD/Ade----------------------

It's all a bit confusing but I think we could gain advantage from sticking Andros on the left side along with Rose.

We need to twinkle our way into bus parking teams at home and I reckon we need to pick the technical players for this...

And here I was thinking all we needed was Benteke. :lol:

Andros really is the new Bale, can't decide whether he's a left back or a forward!

Harry played Andros at LB in the Europa. Don't think he enjoyed it too much but an interesting thought. Lennon and Siggy are two players with very decent technical ability too

Okay, to start with I have to say the evidence is here - I've always thought Andros was the youth product that I was most excited about and I love the fact he is a youth product and I will champion his cause (if justified) over any expensive signing.

BUT

I think looking at our signings we were looking at powerful wing backs and tica taca attaking play (sorry but think the goons around the 18 yard box). This would explain the signings of Chadli, Lamela, Eriksen, etc. We were looking to move away from the one man show of Bale, which worked whilst he was here but would not work when he left...

Andros has been amazing but it's not what we were looking to do before we started to splash the cash. We didn't want to be so direct in that sense (aka Bale) but wanted to pass our way into the parked bus and score with great movement - would make sense of 1 up top...

Sooo...

Can we not play Andros and Rose as wing backs? They are not part of the defensive unit. The defensive unit is the 2 CB's and 2 DMs. Sandro and Capoue for example will cover the sides along with our CBs...

Soooo...

---------------------Lloris---------------------------
------------Kaboul/Daws - Vlad/Verts----------------
Walker------------------------------------Andros/Rose
--------------Sandro-----Capoue/Pauli-------------------
------Lamela-----Eriksen---Chadlie/Ade---------
------------------Soldado/JD/Ade----------------------

It's all a bit confusing but I think we could gain advantage from sticking Andros on the left side along with Rose.

We need to twinkle our way into bus parking teams at home and I reckon we need to pick the technical players for this...

If AVB had any intention of playing 'tika tika' passing he wouldn't have brought in Capoue and Paulinho.
AVB theory is all about the 'high block' and 'vertical passes'. Since he's come to Tottenham he's been obsessed with a 'double pivot' for defensive solidness.

I don't think you can have 'wing backs' with just two CBs if you actually want to have a resemblence of a defence.

That aside you need Townsend further up the pitch. Bale used to do his lung busting runs from LB but it was when he played further up the pitch that he was much more devestating and Andros is no different....

I don't think you can have 'wing backs' with just two CBs if you actually want to have a resemblence of a defence.

That aside you need Townsend further up the pitch. Bale used to do his lung busting runs from LB but it was when he played further up the pitch that he was much more devestating and Andros is no different....

As I said "The defensive unit is the 2 CB's and 2 DMs."

As I said "The defensive unit is the 2 CB's and 2 DMs."

Yes I did see that but dont see how that work. The two DMs are apparently covering the flanks, so who is covering the middle of the pitch, or are you expecting the DMs to be there at the same time aswell?

Either way, just like Bale Townsend is going to be far more devestating further up the pitch and Danny Rose is quite capable of playing a wingback role. Just need a decent attacking LB as competition for Rose regardless of what formation we use....

Andros on the right. Bale was on the right. Lamela on the right. Lennon on the right.

AVB has a nice problem.

As for Rose...like all the non mega bucks signings we under estimated how useful he was.

If AVB had any intention of playing 'tika tika' passing he wouldn't have brought in Capoue and Paulinho.
AVB theory is all about the 'high block' and 'vertical passes'. Since he's come to Tottenham he's been obsessed with a 'double pivot' for defensive solidness.

We only have two senior players in our squad who play in anything like the position of a pivot - Sandro and Capoue and neither of them have had much game time this season (I don't think they've played together at all).

Both Paulinho and Dembele (our two most used CMs) play much further forward and far too far apart to be a double pivot.

I'm really struggling to see how you've convinced yourself we play that way - is it because Sky Sports lays our team out that way during the intro in order to fit all the player graphics on the screen?

We only have two senior players in our squad who play in anything like the position of a pivot - Sandro and Capoue and neither of them have had much game time this season (I don't think they've played together at all).

Both Paulinho and Dembele (our two most used CMs) play much further forward and far too far apart to be a double pivot.

I'm really struggling to see how you've convinced yourself we play that way - is it because Sky Sports lays our team out that way during the intro in order to fit all the player graphics on the screen?

only Paulinho out of our 4 centre mids plays in a more advanced position and is able to support attacks

Dembele is quite deep most of the time and when he picks up the ball he does his usual trick of skipping past an opponent and laying off the ball to a teammate

only Paulinho out of our 4 centre mids plays in a more advanced position and is able to support attacks

Dembele is quite deep most of the time and when he picks up the ball he does his usual trick of skipping past an opponent and laying off the ball to a teammate

He comes deep to collect the ball - I wouldn't say he sets up to start deep when the opposition have the ball and neither does he stay there when play passes by him.

Even so, as the deepest of our two midfielders he's still way in front of where the defensive half of a double pivot would sit.

How about:
Loris
Chiriches Daws Verts
Walker/Lennon as RWB
Sandro dembele CM
Townsend AML
Holtby and erikson AMC
Soldado CF

Ie a lopsided 532 with Chiriches bringing the ball out of defence, Verts covering LB when needed, 2 AMs to support Bobby?

Back