• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A kid to shine in pre-season

Bentlab seems to be highly rated by the coaches and it is a position type of player we have not brought in yet, so the same goes for carroll that as we have not brought in a playmaker the is the chance their for them to grab it.

Falque and townsend both did enough on their loans to prove they deserve to be in the squad for a club that is in the europa league, if we were in the champs league we might need a better standard of back up but we are not so there we go.

Ceballos was rubbish at Swindon Tuesday night what I've seen of him in u21s and friendlies etc he won't make the grade. Stewart the young centre back on Tuesday was probably best of a bad bunch of youngsters.

Cheers I enjoyed that

"Were the players and staff at Spurs aware you were a Gooner? Did the Arsenal inside you ever come out in a Tottenham environment?
Yes, people knew. Arsenal were playing Villareal in the Champions League Semi Final Second Leg. The game was into it's second half as we boarded the Spurs reserve team coach after a game of our own. We had it on the TV. As you know, Arsenal conceded the late penalty. This triggered our manager at the time, Clive Allen, to come running down the coach waving his fists in my face with delight. I remained calm....until Jens Lehmann saved the penalty. Then I erupted and duly returned the favour, screaming with joy right in Clive's face! My emotions also got the better of me once at White Hart Lane during Arsenal's 5-4 victory (Nov 2004). I wasn't part of the Spurs squad so was watching from the stands. Ljungberg went down under a strong Pamarot tackle and I jumped up appealing for a penalty! I quickly realised where I was, before accusing Ljungberg of diving and sitting back down sharpish!"

Back