• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon

Although there might be some correlation between "barking" and believing in this stuff it is in no way absolute in my opinion. Some very smart people can believe things that you and I probably think are ridiculous. It's about how you think and it's a skill that can be learned up to a reasonable level pretty much regardless of intelligence.

some very intelligent people are barking mad

to believe this you have to start adding strands together that require more faith than proof, or be paranoid

seriously though, in a country like the US, do you honestly believe that a lie like the magnitude of the one you are suggesting, could possibly be maintained to the point where such tenuous and frivolous Proofs would be the only evidence?

lets face it, if the president farts its on the front pages the next day due to leak in the white house (yes, pun intended) so something this monumental would never be kept secret.

Have you seen Capricorn 1?

I think it depicts about how long the lie would have lasted fairly accurately. The film probably sparked most of this baloney anyway

Did the film create the baloney, or was it based on the baloney?

I haven't seen it, but the documentary posted covers this in terms of the whole project being so compartmentalised that there were probably only actually a very small select few who got to see the entire picture. It also covers the atomic testing which used (I forget exactly) many multiples more employees to complete, yet it was kept secret by every one of them.

Scenario - If you were working on the project Mick (being that you are ex-forces I think), and happened across the fact that it was being falsified, then went to someone superior to confront them, and were told there was a need to keep quiet as a means of winning the cold war, would you have then told someone? What if they read your body language (discomfort etc) and made it known your family would also be in danger if it ever got out, would you then?

The Mai Lai massacre shows that virtually all forces will follow what they perceive as legitimate authority, even when told to murder women and children, so keeping quiet about a lie which doesn't hurt anyone is not beyond the pales of possibility is it?

There's quite a lot of stuff about Kubrick doing the filming, which, with all the talk of hidden messages in 'eyes wide shut' et al, makes it interesting to me and I am going to go have a look at it this afternoon.

Good question, I think you, Mick, Scara (etc) and I are all very similar, albeit diametrically opposed, in that we have clearly defined world views which are much more deeply ingrained than most. So we are all probably the least likely to see truths objectively and apply our bias to truth all the time.

However most of my feelings in these areas come from my gut (soul I think but that might take things of course), rather than much else (though if I am not 100% I then tend to research alot to find what is weak and strong, where are there no counters etc). Though even then my definition of what is possible is probably completely different to yours, so our 'flimflam alert' flags fly in different directions.

You are right about alot of conspiracy junk making a bad name for the rest of the more pertinent areas of focus, of course it is a problem, as when you look into say 'JFK' and see the absurdity of the magic bullet, then '9-11', it is easy to get washed along with more and more borderland theories. Likewise, in reverse, if you look at a few videos and you feel you see through them (though I take this as very often cognitive dissonence) this reinforces the mind to believe that all conspiracy theories are hokum.

My heart has always felt that there is something fundamentally wrong with the world. I wish, more than anything, that in my lifetime that feeling will change.

You are right about intelligence, when I did an IQ test it said mine is the same as Bill Gates (that's not saying much I know!).

I know those expressions are pretty much idiomatic, but you gut isn't responsible for your feelings and neither is your heart. That stuff all goes on in your brain. One important part of being able to objectively identify truth is to realize that this brain is fallible in a massive number of different ways. Part of that again are those biases, it is possible though to work around that to some extent. Again a case of learning, not as much of talent although I'm sure some take easier to it than others.

My point is that everyone that put forward those junk conspiracy theories just lost my attention, and they should lose your attention too. They should not be trusted.

It seems you are looking for truths and looking for answers. I can only urge you to try the truths and answers provided by science and skepticism if you haven't already done so. For me at least there is a lot of truth there to be found, and with that truth comes (surprisingly to some) a lot of beauty. This information is available in a number of different (and in my opinion entertaining) ways depending on your interests and preferred ways of learning.

some very intelligent people are barking mad

to believe this you have to start adding strands together that require more faith than proof, or be paranoid

I agree with the first part.

I agree, faith - or belief in stuff there is no compelling evidence for is probably a requirement for many. I imagine that a half decent argument could be made that faith is a form of madness, depending on how you define madness. That faith, or lack of critical thinking skills is in my opinion not a result of madness, but rather a result of lack of training and/or people being trained to believe in things based on faith.

Now, there is a conspiracy theory. ;) The conspiracy lead by among others the world religions where they lie to children and adults alike by saying that faith is a virtue.

2012-03-29-MoonJunior.jpg

Did the film create the baloney, or was it based on the baloney?

I haven't seen it, but the documentary posted covers this in terms of the whole project being so compartmentalised that there were probably only actually a very small select few who got to see the entire picture. It also covers the atomic testing which used (I forget exactly) many multiples more employees to complete, yet it was kept secret by every one of them.

Scenario - If you were working on the project Mick (being that you are ex-forces I think), and happened across the fact that it was being falsified, then went to someone superior to confront them, and were told there was a need to keep quiet as a means of winning the cold war, would you have then told someone? What if they read your body language (discomfort etc) and made it known your family would also be in danger if it ever got out, would you then?

The Mai Lai massacre shows that virtually all forces will follow what they perceive as legitimate authority, even when told to murder women and children, so keeping quiet about a lie which doesn't hurt anyone is not beyond the pales of possibility is it?

quantum leaps apart, daft analogy

and forgets immediately that scientific civilians and military personnel are not bound by even remotely similar rules

and neither are the enormous amount of political people who would have to have been involved

still tosh

To be honest I am not 100% whether they did go or not (well I'm 99% in the faked it camp), but the reactions (and contradictions) of the astronauts in the second video makes me inclined to think it was staged.

What is most shocking to me is that it was a FOX documentary!

It's only fluff anyway to me, I have no emotional investment in whether it is true or not, but judging on other historical events I think they didn't. One thing I am absolutely certain of though is that the footage in the documentary is showing staging (when I first watched it some years ago I had it on a better quality and you could see more clearly).

China will likely show one way or another when they do their mission. Which, when I first watched that documentary, was planned for this year, but has been pushed back (reading up on that it now says 2025-2030).

Now if I think how technology in society (in general) has progressed since the late 60's (well I was born in 71 so I know from my experience technology since 76 or so, Moores Law etc) to now, why does China need until 2025-2030 to get up there? To me it just doesn't add up at all, if it is 2030 that will be 60 years difference, why so long? (rhetorical question)

See, I'm in the 90% they did camp. It's actually the absolute bloody shambles that the nay saying documentaries present themselves that makes me more sure they actually went! They've had enough information released now and the fact that any new theory is usually presented alongside ideas that have been smashed to pieces completely discredits them immediately.

I feel a little sad for people that are genuinely in the "don't believe they did it" camp

What a tragic waste of incredible human endeavour and accomplishment

I imagine at least half of the conspiracy nuts believe in an invisible tooth fairy

But struggle with the basic physics of space travel

They definatley went to the moon, they had a secret mission and found the Cybertronian spacecraft that had crash landed.

See, Armstrong took a photo of it and everything. His code of silence was about not talking about the secret mission.

Transformers-Dark-of-the-Mo.jpg

I stopped watching at the bible quotes. I don't understand why people would rather look for things that aren't there, than enjoy the things that are.

I don't understand why people would rather look for things that aren't there, than enjoy the things that are.

General question, not related to the topic per se - do you really believe everything that appears to be 'there' because it must be right?

Ooops! Did NASA just Prove They HOAXED the First Apollo Moon Landing?

Latest NASA claims about evidence of first moon landing corroborates Swiss prophet Billy MeierÔÇÖs precise warning ÔÇô in 2004 ÔÇô of new coming cover-up attempt; had foretold first moon landing would be faked in 1958

Playa del Rey, CA (PRWEB) September 08, 2011

New photographic evidence just released by NASA would seem to end any claims and controversy about a so-called ÔÇ£moon-landing hoaxÔÇØ. But in fact, the announcement itself may give even more ammunition, and credence, to proponents of the hoax theory.

The reason for renewed doubts, instead of a conclusive elimination of them, is because it appears that Swiss prophet, Billy Meier ÔÇô who in 1958 foretold that the first American moon launch would indeed be a hoax ÔÇô also predicted exactly the kind of announcement that NASA just published.

According to Michael Horn, MeierÔÇÖs American media representative, ÔÇ£Here we have another clear corroboration of MeierÔÇÖs prophetic accuracy. What makes this so startling is that itÔÇÖs almost as if NASA followed MeierÔÇÖs prediction to the letter. Meier stated that the moon-landing hoax would be again perpetuated in the new millennium when, ÔÇ£the first Moon landing's ÔÇÿleft-behind; objects and so forth, will be able to be ÔÇÿsightedÔÇÖ on the Moon through a new telescopeÔÇÖ. We first posted this information, from 2004, on our website in 2007.ÔÇØ

When asked why the government would commit the high crimes that Meier accuses them of, and try to fool its own citizens, as well as the rest of the world, Horn said, ÔÇ£Perhaps itÔÇÖs because there are those in power whoÔÇÖve figured out that many people can be fooled, badly fooled, as long as they still have an abundance of entertainment, sports and games to distract them. Of course, as many good, trusting people ÔÇô whoÔÇÖve seen their jobs shipped overseas, their houses repossessed and their retirement funds stolen ÔÇô have found out, being fooled and/or distracted often comes with a very steep price. And the ultimate consequences for America, according to Meier, are anything but encouraging. I would only hope that we aren't too distracted to change things for the better, while we still can.ÔÇØ

See also: They Fly Blog

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/9/prweb8779003.htm

I feel that if the moon landings had been faked, at least one person would have come out since outing it as a lie. More importantly, the Russians would have exposed it by now imo.

I don't have much time at the moment, so can't watch the videos but will do so later. And I echo Billyiddo's sentiments. I hope you keep on posting this stuff mate, its good to have an alternate view on things, even if I don't agree! Random can get a bit monotonous at times.

Cheers Hoot, feel the same about you and steff.

RE: nobody coming out - Compartmentalisation and threats is my guess. Armstrong sure looked threatened to me in the press conference after.

28% of russians think it is was faked I read, 25% British do, so it is hardly a fringe belief (not that it gives any extra validity).

Back