• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

5 Best ... And 5 "Worst" ...in our current squad

Best
Lloris
Eriksen

After that there's a large gap

Chadli
Vertonghen

:( coming to a stumbling block her shows the lack of our quality, we're living off reputation if we think that we 'deserve' a place in the top 4. To add a fifth, I would name either Soldado or Adebayor but both seem to struggle regularly finding the back of the net.

Worst

Townsend
Friedel - good as an ambassador but has no future in the playing side
Kaboul - he would be the first gone
Chiriches
Davies - might be worth persisting with but fear he is a Bentley in the making...

FFS, this is what I'm talking about. He hasn't even had a game in the Prem and is 21. FFS.

Best (fitness provided)

1. Lloris
2. Vertonghen
3. Eriksen
4. Chadli
5. Walker

Worst
1. Chiriches
2. Paulinho
3. Lennon
4. Soldado
5. Dembele

As I suspected, people are having real trouble naming our five best players (Lloris excepted)

There is much greater agreement on the five names that people would not be too upset if they were sold.

As has been said, we have some really promising youngsters - Dyer, Rose, Bentelab, Mason, Kane.

If we sold all those on the exit list and bought a few REAL QUALITY players this time round, we could eventually have a decent squad. At present though we have far too many Meh players.

As I suspected, people are having real trouble naming our five best players (Lloris excepted)

There is much greater agreement on the five names that people would not be too upset if they were sold.

As has been said, we have some really promising youngsters - Dyer, Rose, Bentelab, Mason, Kane.

If we sold all those on the exit list and bought a few REAL QUALITY players this time round, we could eventually have a decent squad. At present though we have far too many Meh players.

Everyone to a man has mentioned Eriksen and Lloris so far. Those two are the only real standout players we have, and some were saying we should drop Eriksen!

Everyone to a man has mentioned Eriksen and Lloris so far. Those two are the only real standout players we have, and some were saying we should drop Eriksen!

In the OP, I said Lloris was a given and that we should only list outfield players!

This thread merely highlights that we really dont have many (if any!) real quality outfield players that are delivering on a consistent basis. Even the one you picked out, Eriksen, has had some poor games this season. He was more consistent at the end of last season imo.

Lloris is our only really top class player.

Of our defenders, I'd honestly say Rose is our best performer right now. Walker, we'd have to wait and see how he comes back.

Deep midfielders -- Mason is the best I've seen so far, though it's early days.

Attacking mids - Eriksen is the only one who has really delivered.

Strikers -- Not much of a choice is it?

So...

Best

1. Lloris
2. Eriksen
3. Rose
4. Walker
5. Mason

Worst

1. Chiriches
2. Paulinho
3. Townsend
4. Dembele
5. Lennon

5 best on their day
Lloris
Eriksen
Lamela
Adebayor
Vertonghen

Problem is consistency
5 best based on average performance
Lloris
Eriksen
Walker
Chadli
Bentaleb

5 worst
Chiriches
Paulinho
Townsend
Kaboul
BAE/Khumalo both picking up wages and doing **** all at the club

i have to admit that the negativity in this thread is incredible. Yes, we've had a patchy start to the season, but it's not been all bad.
We've played eight league games and won four. We've also played at arsenal, at city, at home to liverpool, and at home to high flying southampton. Arsenal and city are two of the three hardest trips we'll make this year, and though we only picked up one point in those matches, i think we acquitted ourselves decently in both. The only real **** result was wba, but that happens. Lest we forget, city lost at home to stoke this year.

We have a new manager, a ton of new/young players, and a rebuilding squad. It's been quite some time since we've had a squad with this many exciting, homegrown-ish players in it, and for me, that's the best part. I love to watch people like mason, bentaleb, rose, kane, walker, dier, townsend who didn't come for huge fees pull on the shirt. Then when you sprinkle in guys like eriksen, lamela, and chadli who are young, exciting players, it's pretty great. We won't get top 4, but that's not why i follow spurs. I'm really enjoying watching this team play and grow week on week.

But anyway, here's how i'd break the squad down, mostly leaving out the summer signings, as they bed in.

First names on team sheet (senior pros):
Lloris
vertonghen
eriksen
capoue
chadli
lamela
walker (when fit)

those who should be left out
chiriches
paulinho (which makes me sad, but i can't really defend him anymore)
dembele
lennon

youngsters who should be getting as many games as possible
kane
mason
dier
bentaleb
rose
davies
townsend

=D>

Last edited:
I have to admit that the negativity in this thread is incredible. Yes, we've had a patchy start to the season, but it's not been all bad.
We've played eight league games and won four. We've also played at Arsenal, at City, at home to Liverpool, and at home to high flying Southampton. Arsenal and City are two of the three hardest trips we'll make this year, and though we only picked up one point in those matches, I think we acquitted ourselves decently in both. The only real **** result was WBA, but that happens. Lest we forget, City lost at home to Stoke this year.

We have a new manager, a ton of new/young players, and a rebuilding squad. It's been quite some time since we've had a squad with this many exciting, homegrown-ish players in it, and for me, that's the best part. I love to watch people like Mason, Bentaleb, Rose, Kane, Walker, Dier, Townsend who didn't come for huge fees pull on the shirt. Then when you sprinkle in guys like Eriksen, Lamela, and Chadli who are young, exciting players, it's pretty great. We won't get top 4, but that's not why I follow Spurs. I'm really enjoying watching this team play and grow week on week.

But anyway, here's how I'd break the squad down, mostly leaving out the summer signings, as they bed in.

FIRST NAMES ON TEAM SHEET (SENIOR PROS):
Lloris
Vertonghen
Eriksen
Capoue
Chadli
Lamela
Walker (when fit)

THOSE WHO SHOULD BE LEFT OUT
Chiriches
Paulinho (which makes me sad, but I can't really defend him anymore)
Dembele
Lennon

YOUNGSTERS WHO SHOULD BE GETTING AS MANY GAMES AS POSSIBLE
Kane
Mason
Dier
Bentaleb
Rose
Davies
Townsend

It's a ridiculously negative premise that someone is asking us to name our "5 worst players". Sounds like the sort of inquest that maybe should be going on at Sunderland right now and then they move on. But no need here, or any other club. How is this supporting your team?

At least you've tried to be positive about it and name the five you wouldn't play at the moment. Big difference. After seeing us almost farm out an out of form Bale to Nottingham Forest I'm willing to believe any member of the current squad could work their way back to their prime.

I have to admit that the negativity in this thread is incredible. Yes, we've had a patchy start to the season, but it's not been all bad.
We've played eight league games and won four. We've also played at Arsenal, at City, at home to Liverpool, and at home to high flying Southampton. Arsenal and City are two of the three hardest trips we'll make this year, and though we only picked up one point in those matches, I think we acquitted ourselves decently in both. The only real **** result was WBA, but that happens. Lest we forget, City lost at home to Stoke this year.

We have a new manager, a ton of new/young players, and a rebuilding squad. It's been quite some time since we've had a squad with this many exciting, homegrown-ish players in it, and for me, that's the best part. I love to watch people like Mason, Bentaleb, Rose, Kane, Walker, Dier, Townsend who didn't come for huge fees pull on the shirt. Then when you sprinkle in guys like Eriksen, Lamela, and Chadli who are young, exciting players, it's pretty great. We won't get top 4, but that's not why I follow Spurs. I'm really enjoying watching this team play and grow week on week.

But anyway, here's how I'd break the squad down, mostly leaving out the summer signings, as they bed in.

Lloris
Vertonghen
Eriksen
Capoue
Chadli
Lamela
Walker (when fit)

Chiriches
Dembele
Lennon

Kane
Mason
Dier
Bentaleb
Rose
Davies
Townsend
A top post. I agree 100%

I'm surprised many people have put Walker in the "best" category. Thought he was one of the most criticized Spurs players due to him making many silly errors in defence. He was once forced to close his Twitter account after getting abused for his mistakes against Chelsea. IMO, he is less than assured in defence. Are people rating him highly due to his attacking instincts ?

Worst = chiriches, kaboul, naughton, paulinho.......the last one is tied between Lennon and soldado.

I don't have a best anymore.

It's a ridiculously negative premise that someone is asking us to name our "5 worst players". Sounds like the sort of inquest that maybe should be going on at Sunderland right now and then they move on. But no need here, or any other club. How is this supporting your team?

At least you've tried to be positive about it and name the five you wouldn't play at the moment. Big difference. After seeing us almost farm out an out of form Bale to Nottingham Forest I'm willing to believe any member of the current squad could work their way back to their prime.

You (and others) have missed the point. Did you read the OP? Did you notice that "worst" was in inverted commas? Did you understand the fact that "worst" was in fact a shorthand for players you would least mind being sold?

On the premise that we have to sell in order to buy and (hopefully) upgrade our squad, I don't feel that it is any way negative to try and see if there is a consensus on here about which players GGers would most like to see upgraded.

Lloris
Vertonghen
Eriksen
Capoue
Chadli
Lamela
Walker (when fit)

Chiriches
Dembele
Lennon

Kane
Mason
Dier
Bentaleb
Rose
Davies
Townsend

See comments in post above.

I notice you haven't put Soldado or Ade in either category. So which one would you " least mind being sold"?

I'm surprised many people have put Walker in the "best" category. Thought he was one of the most criticized Spurs players due to him making many silly errors in defence. He was once forced to close his Twitter account after getting abused for his mistakes against Chelsea. IMO, he is less than assured in defence. Are people rating him highly due to his attacking instincts ?

I think it is more to do with lack of alternatives. He is one of the very few players we have who is an automatic first team choice when he is fully fit.

Our best (so far this season);

Lloris
Lamela
Eriksen
Chadli
Rose

Our worst (so far this season);

Chiriches
Paulinho
Townsend (would still love to see him succeed though, obviously)
Adebayor
Dembele (I rate him though, just haven't played much or well this season)

All relative. Who's the best/worst out of messi, ronaldo and bale? Some one has to be one of the other.
Who would I sell
Kaboul
Paulinho
Vlad (need to give him away)
Townsend

Keep
Hugo
Dier
Eriksen
Chadli
Lamella
Capoue

Dependent on who we could replace them with
Soldado and Ade.
To early to tell on this seasons signing and keep all the academy players.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I think it is more to do with lack of alternatives. He is one of the very few players we have who is an automatic first team choice when he is fully fit.

We need defenders who can defend and strikers who can score goals. We don't seem to have them now, apart from maybe Vertonghen.

Back