• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

5 a side football - how it's changed

Lugash

Rohan Ricketts
Hi all

After a series of injuries and laziness, I'm attempting 5 a side football (and any cardio) for the first time in 3 years. Clearly, I will throw up and bring shame on myself.

However, please tell me about footwear. Previously, you could just buy an astroturf boot. Now I see artificial grass, 3G, 4G and about 18 different types of boots, with ankle things and all sorts of magic.

1. What the hell do you wear for a 3G pitch?
2. Is this ankle thing only for macarons and does it do anything?
3. Are coloured boots - or splashes of colour - unacceptable, especially for someone bound to be rubbish, having not played for so long?

Many thanks!

I play every week, on 3G, I use astro turf trainers, comfort is the most important thing.

If you have a weakness wear a support, plenty do.

At my level, everyone is rubbish, I'm more rubbish than most though so buy black boots, people wear what they want.

Are you in London, my game has been struggling for players this year so I am after new recruits?

Thats an open invite, anyone interested can DM me, it's a bunch of 40ish blokes playing 5 or 6 aside on a nice pitch.

Back