• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

25 Man Squad

I only want Adebayor as backup. Last season proved he is too clumsy in front of goal to become the main striker. He wastes far too many chances. I don't know how AVB can improve that.
Agreed to some extent. I've always considered him one of the most over-rated and overpaid footballers in England, but he's still a very good player. His movement is usually very good, and he creates a lot of space for Bale and Rafa/Gylfi. I don't think we can get anyone better at the moment without taking a risk, but I don't think he's the player we should break our wage cap for.

Friedel
Gomes
Cudicini
Walker
BAE
Rose
Naughton
Vertonghen
Kaboul
Caulker
Bassong
King
Gallas
Lennon
Bale
Jenas
Thudd
Modric
Sandro
Parker
Sigurdsson
VDV
Townsend
Defoe
Adebayor

Hopefully haven't missed anyone. Very light up top and overloaded with defenders. AVBs got some work to do.

IMO Gallas and King could be off freeing up two places for two strikers.

How would this leave the balance of the squad in your opinion?

The ones I've highlighted will in all probability be off, so the squad will get a lot smaller ere long.

Adebayor will most likely be at the African Cup of Nations for most of January.

Didn't think Togo qualified?

I only want Adebayor as backup. Last season proved he is too clumsy in front of goal to become the main striker. He wastes far too many chances. I don't know how AVB can improve that.

Ade is a £25m striker who we're stealing because of City's unique situation. There's no one better who we can afford.

If we get a young version of Ade to provide cover and competition, then all will be well.

Heard Brendan Rogers interviewed on SSN yesterday and he mentioned they were hoping to conclude a deal shortly for 'An English based player they've been after for a while'. Could be JD.

Doesn't mean English necessarily though... RvP is English BASED, maybe they're going for him instead???

Dempsey has been linked to Pool for ages

Decent call... but also, could the "we've" been linked to relate to ROGERS and HIS background/scouting staff...? ie; maybe it's someone SWANSEA have been linked with in the past, that he now wants to take to Liverpool... could be one of this lot???

(obviously from last season...)

SWANSEA City could scrap it out with rivals Cardiff in the transfer market this summer for Burnley striker Jay Rodriguez.

And it is thought Rodriguez, who fired 21 goals for the Clarets this season, is one of a number of forwards on Brendan Rodgers's radar.

Swansea are also eyeing Emirates Marketing Project youngster John Guidetti, ex-loanee Marvin Emnes, Blackpool winger Matt Phillips and Albert Adomah of Bristol City.

Didn't think Togo qualified?

Ade is a £25m striker who we're stealing because of City's unique situation. There's no one better who we can afford.

If we get a young version of Ade to provide cover and competition, then all will be well.

Ade is a good player but not seriously a 25 million player. Nobody in their right mind would consider offering 25 millapart from Emirates Marketing Project, a team with more money than sense.

As for the Nations Cup Togo have not qualified yet, they play Gabon in a two legged qualification match in Sept / Oct

Ade is a good player but not seriously a 25 million player. Nobody in their right mind would consider offering 25 millapart from Emirates Marketing Project, a team with more money than sense.

As for the Nations Cup Togo have not qualified yet, they play Gabon in a two legged qualification match in Sept / Oct

I thought Ade had retired from international football anyway?

Time to resurrect this thread:

Current squad (homegrown players in bold):

Gomes, Friedel, Cudicini, Button
Walker, Naughton, Dawson, Gallas, Vertonghen, Bassong, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Rose
Lennon, Bentley, Parker, Livermore, Jenas, Sandro, Huddlestone, Modric, Sigurdsson, Bale, Falque
Van Der Vaart, Defoe, Dos Santos

We can register 25 player, 8 of them must be homegrown.

Townsend, Caulker etc. are 21 or younger and don't need to be on the list.

Who stays and who goes?

Friedel, Gomes, Cudicini

Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Caulker, BAE, Fryers

Lennon, Parker, Livermore, Sandro, Thudd, Sigurdsson, Carroll, Bale, Townsend

VDV, Defoe

They are the 21 id keep, and add 4 more (2 strikers and 2 midfielders)

Fryers, Caulker, Carroll and Townsend don't count towards the 25 in case you'd like to keep some of the others.

Back