• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2022 World Cup... gonna ruin the European Season

Most of the games seem to be on in the morning or middle of the day anyway, so won't be too hard to miss most of it.

Both are obhorent. People defending the anti gay stuff based on "belief" grounds like being gays a belief not a right....that's akin to saying that those in the deep south US are right to be homophobic racists because the do it welding a Bible.

Imagine anyone supporting what's essentially a step back to the 1920s of segregated sports that's played in 2022 under a banner of "No gays allowed". Laughable really

The homophobia is indeed abhorrent and I am absolutely not any kind of moral relativist, it’s just that the exploited labour and deaths from sunstroke are intrinsic to the whole corrupt enterprise of holding a football tournament in hell.

The homophobia is indeed abhorrent and I am absolutely not any kind of moral relativist, it’s just that the exploited labour and deaths from sunstroke are intrinsic to the whole corrupt enterprise of holding a football tournament in hell.

Likewise mate I wasn't playing down the other, I was just focusing in. The Labour and exploitation side is ridiculous, amnesty international got put down as a pain in the arse by Fifa and Qatar, but like the Hummel kit situation, they don't wanna Reference it whilst making millions on the worse WC in history

Last edited:
I have issues with international football generally, but I normally enjoy the tournaments and watch as much as I can.

This one stinks, from top to bottom, I have next to no interest, couldn’t tell you who is in which group or who made the squads.

As long as our key players go out early and without injuries, I'm happy. We'll probably end up England, Argentina, Uruguay and South Korea in the semis though.

Talking to all my pals before the game yesterday and not one of us has any excitement for it at all
It starts next Sunday, never ever have I had such apathy before a World Cup

Me neither. Thought I’d start to buy into it, against my better judgement, as it got closer but I really couldn’t give a fudge.

I really fell in love with football during Mexico 86 so the World Cup was always special to me. I loved reading stuff about the great players and the old tournaments. Before the 2014 World Cup, I got a book allegedly written by a Uruguayan punter in diary format about the 1930 tournament. It may have been made up but the romance of it just reaffirmed my love for the game and tournament.

FIFA have wiped their collective hole with the legacy of the tournament with this one. May it flop hard and may the fudgers who made it happen rot in hell.

Talking to all my pals before the game yesterday and not one of us has any excitement for it at all
It starts next Sunday, never ever have I had such apathy before a World Cup

Snap. I barely know when England are playing. Normally by now I'd know the permutations of who England might meet if they get through group 1st or 2nd, and possibly beyond that. I'd have all the matches in my work calendar and for those on during the day I'd work out which ones I wanted to try to watch and block out time or schedule stuff around them. It was always something to look forward to once the season had finished.
I feel quite cheated by this set-up. I'll still watch what I can of it, but am less inclined to make any big effort.

Snap. I barely know when England are playing. Normally by now I'd know the permutations of who England might meet if they get through group 1st or 2nd, and possibly beyond that. I'd have all the matches in my work calendar and for those on during the day I'd work out which ones I wanted to try to watch and block out time or schedule stuff around them. It was always something to look forward to once the season had finished.
I feel quite cheated by this set-up. I'll still watch what I can of it, but am less inclined to make any big effort.
Same with me
I've not bothered finding out when england could play in the knockouts etc

Back