• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2015/16 Europa League - Round of 16: Borussia Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.
We cant play another english teams in the last 32.

The CL teams are split in unseeded and seeded based on points from the CL groups.

Looking at the groups and oddschecker it should be:
Shaktar 3pts
United 8pts
Galatasaray 7pts
Borussia Mönchengladbach 5pts
Bayer Leverkusen 5pts
Arsenal 9pts
Porto 10pts
Valencia 9pts

Leaving us to face potentially Porto or Valencia from the CL if we finish second OR Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Shaktar or Galatasaray if we finish first. Dortmund are the other real danger and they look like they'll be unseeded.

The CL teams are split in unseeded and seeded based on points from the CL groups.

Shaktar 3pts
United 8pts
Galatasaray 7pts
Bayer Leverkusen 5pts
Arsenal 9pts
Porto 10pts
Valencia 9pts

Leaving us to face potentially Porto or Valencia from the CL if we finish second OR Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Shaktar or Galatasaray if we finish first. Dortmund are the other real danger and they look like they'll be unseeded.

Aren't Napoli in the Europa?

Shaktar 3pts
United 8pts
Galatasaray 7pts
Bayer Leverkusen 5pts
Arsenal 9pts
Porto 10pts
Valencia 9pts

I thought you play a second place EL team if you finish top, and a CL dropout if you finish second.

If every group winner played a second placed team there would be nobody left to play the CL dropouts.

Sounds like a good idea to me, f#ck em off completely, they had their chance at glory and finished 3rd, why should they get 2 shots at it. It's all b@ll@cks

Shaktar 3pts
United 8pts
Galatasaray 7pts
Bayer Leverkusen 5pts
Arsenal 9pts
Porto 10pts
Valencia 9pts

It makes a complete mockery of the EL that 3rd placed CL teams drop into the EL. They need to scrap that rule and then cut out the last 32 round of the EL so that the workload is the same as in the CL.

Tonight's losers:

Manchester Utd 8p
Sevilla 6p
Galatasaray 5p
Shaktar Donetsk 3p

Shaktar and Galatasaray are guaranteed to be unseeded as at least two teams that play tomorrow will end up with more points than them.

It makes a complete mockery of the EL that 3rd placed CL teams drop into the EL. They need to scrap that rule and then cut out the last 32 round of the EL so that the workload is the same as in the CL.

I think this view is very big-league centered.

Dropping the round of 32 would mean dropping not only the 8 teams from the CL, but another 8 from the EL group stages. That would mean cutting the EL group stage from 48 to 32 teams (like the CL), unless you're saying the group stage shouldn't be top two qualify, bottom two go out. This would not be a popular move around Europe's medium and smaller leagues where EL participation is actually seen as a real positive.

The big clubs from the CL raised the profile of the EL by much more than it drops it reputability by "making a mockery out of it" in my opinion. And again for the somewhat smaller teams around Europe a chance to go up against Man United, Sevilla, Shaktar etc is not generally seen as a tournament being made a mockery out of.

Tonight's losers:

Manchester Utd 8p
Sevilla 6p
Galatasaray 5p
Shaktar Donetsk 3p

Shaktar and Galatasaray are guaranteed to be unseeded as at least two teams that play tomorrow will end up with more points than them.

Will have to see what happens today, but looking a lot like winning our group would be a good boost for our chances in this tournament.

I think this view is very big-league centered.

Dropping the round of 32 would mean dropping not only the 8 teams from the CL, but another 8 from the EL group stages. That would mean cutting the EL group stage from 48 to 32 teams (like the CL), unless you're saying the group stage shouldn't be top two qualify, bottom two go out. This would not be a popular move around Europe's medium and smaller leagues where EL participation is actually seen as a real positive.

The big clubs from the CL raised the profile of the EL by much more than it drops it reputability by "making a mockery out of it" in my opinion. And again for the somewhat smaller teams around Europe a chance to go up against Man United, Sevilla, Shaktar etc is not generally seen as a tournament being made a mockery out of.

Will have to see what happens today, but looking a lot like winning our group would be a good boost for our chances in this tournament.

Well we wouldn't be able to draw Man U and Sevilla are mid-table this year in Spain. I'm not sure that Sevilla therefore would be much harder than Shakhtar or Galatassay - not exactly easy locations to go to

Planning a trip to the swansea game end of feb, anybody an idea of dates for the last 32?

1st leg Thursday 18th Feb
2nd Leg Thursday 25th Feb

Win our group and we play the 2nd leg at home.

From a ppov the upside of finishing 2nd in the group means I then can go to the home leg \o/ Prefer for us to win the group really, lets keep them coeff pts racking up

1st leg Thursday 18th Feb
2nd Leg Thursday 25th Feb

Win our group and we play the 2nd leg at home.

From a ppov the upside of finishing 2nd in the group means I then can go to the home leg \o/ Prefer for us to win the group really, lets keep them coeff pts racking up
Always seem to be away watching Spurs on Valentine's Day!

Seeded:

Porto, Olympiakos, Manchester Utd, Bayer Leverkusen

Unseeded:

Sevilla, Valencia, Galatasaray, Shaktar Donetsk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back