• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

10 songs (from different artists) you will never tire of

A weird mix of tracks. Kind of hard to choose ten from all the good ones, so these are all from the top of the head.

Last edited:
My ten for today.

Boston Tea Party : Alex Harvey
The Weight : The Band
Thrill is Gone : BB King
Tramp on your Street : Shaver
Get up Stand up : Bob Marley
On the road Again : Canned Heat
Sebastian : roosterney Rebel
Remember The Alamo : Donovan
Aphrodite :Edger Broughton Band
Silver Machine : Hawkwind

Really liked what Darryl Hall of Hall and Oates has done in recent years with his Live at Darryl's Place YouTube series.

The poor guy contracted Lyme's disease, a debilitating illness transmitted by the bite of wood ticks found out in wilderness areas in North America.

So, he used his handymanliness to revamp a roadhouse in Connecticut, north of NYC and when not running live shows, used the set to bring in guest artists and record jam sessions covering each other's material and that of others. Here's a selection I found very listenable, including this first one shot in Hawaii where Todd Rundgren's house was used to set up the same sort of session:

Always enjoyed Simple Minds while I was growing up. This is a cool track that holds up well over time:

And then there's this hot, upcoming outfit out of Boston, Lake Street Dive, featuring the massive vocal abilities of singer Rachael Price. They aren't getting old anytime soon:

Last edited:
Continuing the Live at Darryl's series. A cool version of Tenderoni with Canadian duo Chromeo:

Music for the Man Cave:

Killer track from Aussies Flash & The Pan:

As one wry commenter said: "Could be the funkiest nine minutes a white man has ever recorded:"

"Me debunk an American myth and take my life in my hands?" Clever lyrics from Gord Downie, now making his final tour before brain cancer claims him:

Last edited:
Another 10

Can't find my way home : Blind Faith
Like a rock : Bob Seger
Dust my Broom : Canned Heat
Damn right i've got the Blues : Buddy Guy
Tales of brave Ulysses : Cream
Johnny Ace is Dead : Dave Alvin
Rattle that Lock : Dave Gilmour
Lucky Man : ELP.
Way down in the Hole : Five blind Boys
Moonshine : Free

Just ten!

wow that is difficult

Need your love so bad - Fleetwood Mac
Tracks of my tears - Smokey Robinson
Wish you where here - Pink Floyd
Ramble on - Led Zeppelin
Ripples - Genesis
Moonage Daydream - Bowie
Rock'n roll suicide - Bowie
Aqualung - Jethro Tull
Crossroads - Cream
Behind Blue Eyes - The Who

This would probably change ever hour.

Last edited:
Really liked what Darryl Hall of Hall and Oates has done in recent years with his Live at Darryl's Place YouTube series.

The poor guy contracted Lyme's disease, a debilitating illness transmitted by the bite of wood ticks found out in wilderness areas in North America.

So, he used his handymanliness to revamp a roadhouse in Connecticut, north of NYC and when not running live shows, used the set to bring in guest artists and record jam sessions covering each other's material and that of others. Here's a selection I found very listenable, including this first one shot in Hawaii where Todd Rundgren's house was used to set up the same sort of session:

Always enjoyed Simple Minds while I was growing up. This is a cool track that holds up well over time:

And then there's this hot, upcoming outfit out of Boston, Lake Street Dive, featuring the massive vocal abilities of singer Rachael Price. They aren't getting old anytime soon:

The Cee Lo Green one is great. Brought me back.

Edit: That Daryl Hall series is good. Cheers.

Last edited:
Another 10

Can't find my way home : Blind Faith
Like a rock : Bob Seger
Dust my Broom : Canned Heat
Damn right i've got the Blues : Buddy Guy
Tales of brave Ulysses : Cream
Johnny Ace is Dead : Dave Alvin
Rattle that Lock : Dave Gilmour
Lucky Man : ELP.
Way down in the Hole : Five blind Boys
Moonshine : Free

Seriously adore Tales of Brave Ulysses. What a track. Right there with Cream's best.

And Lucky Man? We had that on a cassette player while dropping acid at bush parties in high school. Big ELP fan. Fave would be Trilogy. For a more modern take, check out this sassy jazz version on youtube by French combo Jad and Den Quintet:

Last edited:
Just ten!

wow that is difficult

Need your love so bad - Fleetwood Mac
Tracks of my tears - Smokey Robinson
Wish you where here - Pink Floyd
Ramble on - Led Zeppelin
Ripples - Genesis
Moonage Daydream - Bowie
Rock'n roll suicide - Bowie
Aqualung - Jethro Tull
Crossroads - Cream
Behind Blue Eyes - The Who

This would probably change ever hour.

With this group of artists, you'd be a busy boy stacking the wax. So much to work with.

With this group of artists, you'd be a busy boy stacking the wax. So much to work with.

Stacking the wax?

Suffregette City - Bowie
Midnight Rambler - Stones
No 9 Dream - Lennon
Give me Shelter - Stones
Street fighting man - Stones
Be Bop A Lula - Lennon
The Boxer - Simon & Garfunkel
Home Loving Man - Andy Williams
Subterranean Homesick Blues - Dylan
Can you dig it - The Mock Turtles

Last edited:
Me and Bobby Magee Janis Joplin
Only living boy in New York s&g
Albatross fleetwood Mac
Moments of pleasure Kate bush
River Joni Mitchell
Jack and Diane John melloncamp
Cat people Bowie, original not let's dance version
Walking on sunshine katrina and the waves:oops:
Ziggy stardust Bowie
Swan theme Tchaikovsky

Leftfield - Release the preassure
Danny Tenaglia - Elements
Inner City - Big Fun 12"
Pink Floyd - Breathe
Rick Wake man & Steve Howie - The Great gig in the sky
Steve Lukather - Shine on you crazy diamond
Mew - The zookeeper's boy
Beats International - Echo Chamber
Keane - On a day like today
Susanne Sundfør - The Brothel

Last edited:
Seriously adore Tales of Brave Ulysses. What a track. Right there with Cream's best.

And Lucky Man? We had that on a cassette player while dropping acid at bush parties in high school. Big ELP fan. Fave would be Trilogy. For a more modern take, check out this sassy jazz version on youtube by French combo Jad and Den Quintet:

Not heard that before i like it, talking about acid on their first album there is a track ( the three fates i think) that includes the words " will you still know where you are" well that particular night i had no idea and had to relie on my mates to get me home.

But i used to love ELP and one of the funnyist things i have ever seen at a gig was in a concert hall a mate of mine run in Manchester. It was during their tour to promote Tarkus and they did two nights, at the front of the stage they had the Tarkus figure and the plan was as follows. We/they rigged up a air pressure line in the head where there was hundreds of coloured ping pong balls, at the peak of their show all the lights would go out and the machine would spit out all the balls sending them flying over the crowd. However for some reason the airline got blocked and the whole lot just fell out of the mouth onto the floor.

It worked the second night though and that WAS a trip seeing all those coloured balls flying around over our heads. Brilliant.

Leftfield - Release the preassure
Danny Tenaglia - Elements
Inner City - Big Fun 12"
Pink Floyd - Breathe
Rick Wake man & Steve Howie - The Great gig in the sky
Steve Lukather - Shine on you crazy diamond
Mew - The zookeeper's boy
Beats International - Echo Chamber
Keane - On a day like today
Susanne Sundfør - The Brothel

People struggling with the ten different artists concept of the thread :p
Happy now?

St Germain - Rose Rouge

Claude Von Stroke - Who's Afraid of Detroit?

Jaydee - Plastic Dreams

The Fugees - Zealots

Mos Def - Mathematics

The Roots - Dynamite!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd2Hn-IeWEA

Queens of the Stone Age - Go With The Flow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcHKOC64KnE

Rage Against The Machine - Bullet In The Head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUr0jpxVVOM

Toots & The Maytals - Funky Kingston
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U79o7qwul48

At The Drive In - Enfilade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-_Hri6RIQs

Last edited:

Quite like that. I'm not a jazz nut but can admire the technique (fantastic piano player in that) and the music as long as it doesn't go too far down the rabbit hole.

Back