• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wot no ratings thread (vs Stoke)

Lloris - 6.5

Walker - 5.5
Caulker - 6
Dawson - 7
Vertonghen - 7.5

Lennon - 5.5
Sandro - 7
Dembele - 7
Bale - 6.5

Adebayor - 6
Defoe - 5.5

Why is my post contradictive? I would've given him 7 or more had he made the change earlier.

Because you said AVB had few options from the bench but then bigged up Sigurdsson's contribution. He should have come on way way earlier, if not started the game.

Lloris - 7 - Cleansheet for the second consecutive game, will add confidence.

Walker - 5 - Doesn't do much does he?
Dawson - 6.5 - Good to see him back in the team
Caulker - 6.5 - Needs to hit the weights
Vertonghen - 8 - Different class, it's a shame we don't have a team blessed with his one touch control and movement.

Lennon - 6 - Sort it out
Sandro - 7 - Not his best performance but hey, it's Stoke and we didn't lose.
Dembele - 7 - His usual self, needs to add more in the final third.
Bale - 6 - I love him as much as you lot but he's so overrated its untrue. WIN US THESE GAMES WORLD CLASS MAN!

Defoe - 5.5 - Nothing.
Adebayor - 5.5 - Nothing.

Same as this for me too.

Lloris 9 Superb performance, complete unfazed by Stoke, despite those who questioned his fragility

just wanted to say that, as I think he is being massively undermarked

I think Lloris has some great attributes, for example it was a great save when they broke through and Sandro ended up in the back of the net. I really appreciate his work.

However, 9 seems high as I remember a couple of times when he came for a cross and got caught out under the ball / poor distribution played someone into trouble and he had to hack clear.

Overall I would say Vertonghen, Bale and Dembele are clearly our best footballers, head and shoulders above the rest - when they have the ball they are comfortable, the ball is under control, they look for good options, they make difficult passes seem easy, they do what you want them to do.

The rest of the team/squad tend to panic in possession and get rid of it with a quick pass, rather than taking a moment to think, driving forward, committing players etc.

More of those types of players please in January.

You're very kind, no chance or nearly no chance at home to stoke who were awful.

Special mention for Shawcross who was fantastic.

Lloris 6 Not troubled and yet another clean sheet.

Walker 5 Nearly gave them an early lead, not enough going forward

Dawson 5 Bullied by Jones, cant pass a football
Caulker 7 Fine

Vertonghen 8 Fantastic, strong in the challenge, kept going and our biggest threat first half

Sandro 7 Not as good as last weekend, especially early on but very good nevertheless

Dembele 7 Blocked them well, but couldnt get that key pass

Lennon 4 Nothing, yet again

Bale 5 Not sharp today, but at least tries his luck and shoots at goal to lift the crowd and the team

Defoe 5 Nothing

Adebayor 5 Nothing, doesnt want to shoot at goal, just wants to pass the ball around

Can't have been that bad surely the match finished 0-0?!

I think Lloris has some great attributes, for example it was a great save when they broke through and Sandro ended up in the back of the net. I really appreciate his work.

However, 9 seems high as I remember a couple of times when he came for a cross and got caught out under the ball / poor distribution played someone into trouble and he had to hack clear.

Overall I would say Vertonghen, Bale and Dembele are clearly our best footballers, head and shoulders above the rest - when they have the ball they are comfortable, the ball is under control, they look for good options, they make difficult passes seem easy, they do what you want them to do.

The rest of the team/squad tend to panic in possession and get rid of it with a quick pass, rather than taking a moment to think, driving forward, committing players etc.

More of those types of players please in January.

I thought Lloris dealt with the crosses superbly, he had one or two problems but you expect that in the prem By being proactive though he completely changes the dynamic of the game, and it makes such an overall difference. He's the first keeper of ours for a long, long time that has looked comfortable against Stoke. Of course the other defenders and Ade take a lot of credit too, but Lloris leads the way.

His distribution worries me a bit, but he's trying to be positive again, he could doubtless hoof the ball more to be 'safe', which i would prefer, but maybe not AVB

I agree 9 was too high, I did it deliberateley because under 7 is too low and so many were marking him down IMHO, I think 8 was about right

Last edited:
Lloris 7
Vertonghen 8
Caulker 6.5
Dawson 7
Walker 6
Dembele 7
Sandro 7.25
Lennon 5.5
Bale 7
Adebayor 5.5
Defoe 6

Sigurdsson 7

Too lazy to give individual comments, but overall, I think our game was actually on a par with Swansea, even a more comfortable game. Just that we lacked that little bit of cutting edge and luck.

I thought Lloris dealt with the crosses superbly, he had one or two problems but you expect that in the prem By being proactive though he completely changes the dynamic of the game, and it makes such an overall difference. He's the first keeper of ours for a long, long time that has looked comfortable against Stoke. Of course the other defenders and Ade take a lot of credit too, but Lloris leads the way.

His distribution worries me a bit, but he's trying to be positive again, he could doubtless hoof the ball more to be 'safe', which i would prefer, but maybe not AVB

I agree 9 was too high, I did it deliberately because under 7 is too low and so many were marking him down IMHO, I think 8 was about right

Sorry but those comments just made me laugh.

Stoke (H) 0-0

Vertonghen gets his second MOTM award in a row bringing his total to six. Also his sixth over 7.5 of the season, joining Sandro at the top of the leaderboard.

Defoe and Adebayor share worst player of the game, Defoe's fourth of the season and now only one behind Dempsey.

QJ698.jpg

Back