• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Qarabağ FK OMT ***

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
photo.jpg
latest
FK_Karabakh.png

baku-55.jpg

Thursday 6pm

Lloris
Trippier Fazio Wimmer Davies
Dier Alli
Lamela Mason Eriksen
Son

A win here guarantees us a place in the next round. The CBs and the front four is the only question really. Alli being suspended for Chelsea means he'll play, Mason will most likely get a game, Lamela is fresh and Son will be involved in the absence of N'Jie.

Will be good facing a team who can give us a bit of a challenge after playing that dross at the weekend.

I'm going for Qarabag to take a shock 2-0 lead, Poch to give the players a kick up the bum, then we'll come out to win it 5-2. COYS

Oh dear, badge size ratio malfunction. Carrierbag odds 3-1 to win at home. Townsend to concede two goals down our right. Serious EL relegation fears.

Vorm
Tripper Fazio Wimmer Davies
Carroll Alli
Onomah
Townsend Lamela
Son

And if we can find anyone to replace Lamela or Son id use them. Bentaleb perhaps or Njie as i haven't seen any updates on their returns.

We need to nail this to make sure the Monaco match is a dead rubber.

Lloris

Walker-Alder-Verts-Rose

Dier-Alli

Lamela-Dembele-Son

Kane

Subs: McGee, Davies, Wimmer, Bentaleb, Mason, Eriksen, Onomah

At this stage of the squad development it's about building a winning mentality. We have the form players to win the next two games if handled properly. Davies, trippier, son, lamella, alli and Clinton if fit all have a place to play for retain for one reason or other.
we have momentum now and it's how we use it that matters.

I'd normally agree GB but that travelling is ridiculous. The lack of recovery could lead to injuries. I think on balance, the less risky gamble is needing a win at home to Monaco.

I'd normally agree GB but that travelling is ridiculous. The lack of recovery could lead to injuries. I think on balance, the less risky gamble is needing a win at home to Monaco.

Chelsea are in Israel this week, so it's not just us. It's also the recycled air on flights that causes all the problems (apparently jet lag was never much of an issue before they banned smoking on planes?), so why not get our players using oxygen masks during the flights?

If people aspire to be in the CL, we have to show we can cope with demands like this.

It's a privilege to play in Europe - and end, not a means. We can win this trophy. But we can also balls it up by playing not good enough players, like we threw away the LC (cough Vorm, Fazio and Carroll).

I'd pretty much go for Jordinhos team, but try and make it possible for Dier to be rested and someone else play,as fit as he is. The opposition are no mugs, but I'd like to think we can rest the majority of our first team and have enough to at least get a point against FC Carrier Bags.....

Crazy. You're effectively writing off the Chel53a game. the only one of that team which I would play is Alli, because he's suspended for Chel53a

We'll get hammered if we don't play a decent team. Just because Qarabag isn't an overly familiar name, they are no mugs, especially at home. The Sky hype arrogance means people unfairly belittle our EL opponents (Anderlecht are a damn fine team at the moment).

We've got a young, fit team and coasted through West Ham at the weekend (30 minute warm-down at the end).

Get through these next 2, and then we've got 5 easier games in December (assuming Monaco is a dead rubber), all at weekends too except the Watford one.

We need to rotate players, and this is a good game to do it. Wimmer, Fazio and others have hardly had any game time at all. We need everyone in the squad to be macth fit in case they are needed later, so give the "reserves" some playing time.

Vorm

Trippier, Fazio, Verts, Davies

Bentaleb, Alli

Son, Onomah, Townsend

N'Jie

Last chance saloon for Vorm, i think Hugo needs to stay in London..Any word on N'Jie??

Lol Gutter.

Leave at home - Lloris - Walker - Toby - Verts - Rose - Dier - Eriksen - Kane

Starting 11 - Vorm - Trippier - Fazio - Wimmer - Davies - Alli - Winks - Mason - Onomah - Lamela - Townsend

Subs - Mcgee - CVV - Son - and whoever from the kids

This game being sacrificed doesn't mean Europa is not important, it means Chelsea is more important.

It would be mental to expect the players to do a 6 hour flight Thuersday night and trainFriday - they would need to rest Friday amd then only Saturday prep for an early kick off Sunday. Or return Friday after training over there and and rest after 6 hours and then Saturday prep and an early kick off.

Both options are fekeries.

Poch has a tough tough decision to make as this isn't about fitness, it is about mental travel times in a short period leading up to a game that could help us push on with a relatively easy run coming afterwards.

Back