• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

But according to Jamie Literally Redknapp, there 'isn't a better centre back in the league' than Van Dijk...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

But according to Jamie Literally Redknapp, there 'isn't a better centre back in the league' than Van Dijk...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Van Dijk for me is no better than shawcross just a trendier name

The problem is that If clubs keep on signing poor centre backs at the top end of the table, average to decent ones will be rated higher by default Van Dijk is a good player and good centre back but wouldn't get in our side

VVD is great - ours is about the only side he may not get in because we have the best defence, but he'd improve everybody else.

I not sure how good VD is, I don't watch Southampton games but he has always seen a bit shaky to me when we've played them, but I wasn't that impressed by Alderweireld when I saw him with them. Apart from his first game at the Lane I can't think of a game when he hasn't appeared to be in complete control and his assurance seems to spread throughout the defence.

Van Dijk for me is no better than shawcross just a trendier name

The problem is that If clubs keep on signing poor centre backs at the top end of the table, average to decent ones will be rated higher by default Van Dijk is a good player and good centre back but wouldn't get in our side

VVD is much more mobile and far less injury prone - will go for big big money when he goes.

I take him but not needed short term. 5 years younger than Verts? :)

VVD is much more mobile and far less injury prone - will go for big big money when he goes.

I take him but not needed short term. 5 years younger than Verts!

But Shawcross is older too and is now at that period of his career where injuries have a bigger effect

I'm not a shawcross fan and I think VVD is decent but is being massively hyped up due to clubs being linked with him who have shown a serious inability to recognise quality defenders

Trouble is good defenders are like rocking horse droppings!

If Stone made £50..........it has now set a silly precedence IMHO

Exactly

A possibly good defender being sold for a fee that makes him world class ....

Wimmer is better and cost £4m

Why not?

Wimmer has been a big part player from us but has contributed to the best defence in the league when he comes in

Wimmer is less agile.
VVD is a much better all round athlete and footballer.
Like comparing Rooney to Deli. Both good but different.

Exactly

A possibly good defender being sold for a fee that makes him world class ....

Wimmer is better and cost £4m
Wimmer is good but I think you underestimating Van Dijk. I marked him as a good player at Celtic and since he moved South he has continued to improve IMO. I urge you to watch him again with a less critical eye. He has a somewhat languid style which can be misinterpreted showing lack of commitment, but if we didn't have the two Dutch CB's we have now I'd hope we'd be in for him.

Wimmer is good but I think you underestimating Van Dijk. I marked him as a good player at Celtic and since he moved South he has continued to improve IMO. I urge you to watch him again with a less critical eye. He has a somewhat languid style which can be misinterpreted showing lack of commitment, but if we didn't have the two Dutch CB's we have now I'd hope we'd be in for him.

I'll say again... I was referring to stones not VVD

I rate VVD just not as highly as some, but I don't rate stones and think he is lucky boy to have the chances he has had with his limited defensive qualities

I'll say again... I was referring to stones not VVD

I rate VVD just not as highly as some, but I don't rate stones and think he is lucky boy to have the chances he has had with his limited defensive qualities
Sorry. My bad. I agree with you on Stones. He has some ability but nowhere near the level his price tag would indicate.

Back