• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Squad

Not enough central defenders. What if first 8 choices get injured? Who are going to play, Livermore and Huddlestone?

Not enough central defenders. What if first 8 choices get injured? Who are going to play, Livermore and Huddlestone?

I only counted 6, including Nelsen. I honestly don't see Khumalo playing, and Nelsen is a stop-gap, so that's 4. The remaining 4 are Gallas (injured), King, Dawson, and Kaboul; we're obviously fine for now, but in the summer who knows what Gallas or King are planning in terms of their futures.

Bentley will be back around April from his injury, Jenas won't be back in action until about June, so makes sense for Bentley to be registered but not Jenas I guess.

Dawkins may re-join the MLS side in March. More info in my blog :twisted:

Following on from my post earlier - the squad

From the Official Site:

1 ÔÇô Heurelho Gomes
3 ÔÇô Gareth Bale
4 ÔÇô Younes Kaboul
6 ÔÇô Tom Huddlestone
7 ÔÇô Aaron Lennon
8 ÔÇô Scott Parker
10 ÔÇô Emmanuel Adebayor
11 ÔÇô Rafael van der Vaart
13 ÔÇô William Gallas
14 ÔÇô Luka Modric
15 ÔÇô Louis Saha
17 ÔÇô Giovani Dos Santos

18 ÔÇô Jermain Defoe
20 ÔÇô Michael Dawson
21 ÔÇô Niko Kranjcar
23 ÔÇô Carlo Cudicini
24 ÔÇô Brad Friedel
26 ÔÇô Ledley King
29 ÔÇô Jake Livermore
30 ÔÇô Sandro Cordeiro
32 ÔÇô Benoit Assou-Ekotto
33 ÔÇô Ryan Nelsen
36 ÔÇô Bongani Khumalo
38 ÔÇô David Bentley
42 ÔÇô Simon Dawkins

U21 List:

25 ÔÇô Danny Rose
28 ÔÇô Kyle Walker

[It's 25 players eligable to play in the Premier League + the under 21 players]

Ive highlighted those who I think could or will leave in the summer, leaving us a core squad of 19 players to suppliment

3 ÔÇô Gareth Bale
4 ÔÇô Younes Kaboul
6 ÔÇô Tom Huddlestone
7 ÔÇô Aaron Lennon
8 ÔÇô Scott Parker
11 ÔÇô Rafael van der Vaart
14 ÔÇô Luka Modric
18 ÔÇô Jermain Defoe
20 ÔÇô Michael Dawson
21 ÔÇô Niko Kranjcar
24 ÔÇô Brad Friedel
26 ÔÇô Ledley King
29 ÔÇô Jake Livermore
30 ÔÇô Sandro Cordeiro
32 ÔÇô Benoit Assou-Ekotto
25 ÔÇô Danny Rose
28 ÔÇô Kyle Walker
- Kyle Naughton
- Steven Caulker

Of course we might keep Cudicini or Gallas on or some variation - but the point remains that is a seriously good core of players with room for 6 (non U21) or more player to introduce to take it up a notch or three

Goalkeepers
Friedel

Right backs
Walker
Naughton

Left Backs
Ekotto
Rose

Centre Backs
King
Kaboul
Dawson
Caulker

Centre Midfielders

Luka Modric
Scott Parker
Sandro
Tom Huddlestone
Jake Livermore

Right wingers
Aaron Lennon

Left Wingers
Gareth Bale
Andros Townsend

Attacking Mids
Van Der Vaart
Niko Kranjcar

Strikers
Jermain Defoe

So..

2 Strikers
1 attacking right sided midfielder/winger
1 CB
1 GK

Is needed

Also, just for arguments sake. Should Nelsen be a success, we might take the option of the additional year with him - no cost suppliment to the squad.

Hoilett will be out of contract, would possibly incur a compensation fee, but would be a cheap and qaulity addition to the attacking options.

We might be looking at 5 or 6 players coming in, but the need not all be ?ú20m each.

As well as that, Bentley, Jenas, Gallas, Pienaar, Dos Santos, Nelsen (if we take the year option), Khumalo....

Could well bring in up to ?ú20m in sales.

Also, just for arguments sake. Should Nelsen be a success, we might take the option of the additional year with him - no cost suppliment to the squad.

Hoilett will be out of contract, would possibly incur a compensation fee, but would be a cheap and qaulity addition to the attacking options.

We might be looking at 5 or 6 players coming in, but the need not all be ?ú20m each.

As well as that, Bentley, Jenas, Gallas, Pienaar, Dos Santos, Nelsen (if we take the year option), Khumalo....

Could well bring in up to ?ú20m in sales.[/QUOTE

We'd be lucky to get 10m for that lot tbh.

Back