• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2017/18 Premier League Thread

We're 6th.

Got laughed at by many on here when I said I expected us to finish anywhere between 10th and 15th without ever being in the relegation battle.

We're a strong team, that is better than the sum of its parts and Rafa Benitez is a top class manager.

Keeper might have touched him EVER so slightly, but in no way could it justify the way he went down! That makes it cheating for me. Very similar to a few of the times Dele has been booked.
Did you see the replay showed at half time on Norwegian telly? You could see his ankle bending sideways from where the knee hit him. Clear as day penalty.

Did you see the replay showed at half time on Norwegian telly? You could see his ankle bending sideways from where the knee hit him. Clear as day penalty.
What a, and don't take this personally, utterly stupid and self-contradicting comment!
If you need 700 replays, it's not really clear as day is it?

We're 6th.

Got laughed at by many on here when I said I expected us to finish anywhere between 10th and 15th without ever being in the relegation battle.

We're a strong team, that is better than the sum of its parts and Rafa Benitez is a top class manager.
I'm genuinely happy for you guys. As long as you don't roll over for our title rivals. ;)

We're 6th.

Top 5 in world football?

Anyone else see the challenge that sparked the handbags at Huddersfield?

The guy missed the ball and went in at shin height on Martial. That was a bad challenge too. I think Cabaye ticked every box on the red card checklist though.

Great goal by Boufal. As good as the one Hazard got goal of the season for a while back.

We're 6th.

BBC Sport pundit Garth Crooks says he believes Rafa Benitez "has the pedigree" and is "capable of winning the title with the right resources" while in charge of Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

:)

Oh Garth.........Talksport awaits.

What a, and don't take this personally, utterly stupid and self-contradicting comment!
If you need 700 replays, it's not really clear as day is it?
Great level of discourse.

Something might be crystal clear from a certain angle and/or when slowed down whilst being difficult or even impossible to see from a different angle. Yes, sometimes you need several replays from different angles before seeing what's decisive. You may remember a certain penalty for Norway in a world cup against Brazil where ultimately a still photo showed, clear as day, what multiple camera angles didn't show.

When something decisive like this becomes visible any debate about it should come to an end.

Clear as day from the right angle. If that's contradictory to you we'll just have to agree to disagree.

We're 6th.

Still 30 games to go

Have Everton had "Angry Birds" printed on their sleeves all season, or is it no coincidence they are producing this uncharacteristically feisty display today?

Looks like one of the chaotic games is breaking out....decided by who makes the most of the plentiful errors on both sides.

Entertaining for the neutral but know long term good for either team involved.

Back