• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2015/16 Premier League Thread

Sorry Greg, but all the consolation I can offer is that at least he's not Sherwood

It doesn't hurt any more. This isn't the Saudi Sportswashing Machine I loved. Season ticket cancelled, loyalty points from over 100 away games down the drain.

I've been reading Martin Hardy's Touching Distance, it's almost had me in tears at times.

It doesn't hurt any more. This isn't the Saudi Sportswashing Machine I loved. Season ticket cancelled, loyalty points from over 100 away games down the drain.

I've been reading Martin Hardy's Touching Distance, it's almost had me in tears at times.

Sorry to hear that. Went through a similar thing with Warrington RL. I fell out of love with the team, some of the players were a disgrace to the shirt and I swore never to go to another match (I caved in and did go to the Grand Final but that wa sit), after following them home and away since a kid.
Luckily I had Spurs to fully concentrate on and havent looked back since. Still watch them on the TV and wish them well, but not sure I will ever start going to live RL matches again

This. I think there are 3 worse teams in the league than Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but it could all depend on whose Jan signings settle quicker Norwichs' or Newcastles'

What if Sunderland start playing though? Another great escape?

I certainly think it is pretty much between us, them and Norwich.

Last edited:
Could work. Bound to get an upturn in results with the 'new manager bounce'
Maybe. Not sure Rodgers is the answer though long term but I guess they are just thinking short term now.

As a casual observer it looks to me that their issues are more on the playing side rather than the coaching side. McLaren is no genius but he's a decent enough coach. They just have too many iffy players who are not compensating for their lack of ability with increased effort. Bad combination.

Maybe. Not sure Rodgers is the answer though long term but I guess they are just thinking short term now.

As a casual observer it looks to me that their issues are more on the playing side rather than the coaching side. McLaren is no genius but he's a decent enough coach. They just have too many iffy players who are not compensating for their lack of ability with increased effort. Bad combination.
McLaren has a fairly hefty loser mentality. It's unlikely that he'll instill the confidence required in that team.

I think it will be good for our title race if ManCity can beat Leicester. Someone need to beat Leicester before they start to get confident about winning the league.

Cah5CE7WwAAGl2O.jpg

So much wrong.

There is something very Spursey about finally getting our act together in the league, finishing ahead of all the usual suspects, and finishing runner-up to Leicester.

THis commentator on BT.....just brought up the fact that Klopp will miss their game today due to appendicitis! Why?!?!? Liverpool aren't remotely close to challenging so its completely irrelevant. He did this in the last game I watched on BT - brings up Liverpool stuff for no reason

City look clueless. They remind me of us a couple of seasons ago, ponderous, lots of possession but do very little with it and failing to break down teams with 9 behind the ball.

Toure looks a shadow of his former self.

Leicester have had 94 passes to City's 228. :p I can't believe this bloody team keep on winning.

as I've always said, most teams don't attack effectively. Leicester always ask a question when attacking, making the defender deal with a situation and keeping the ball alive.

As much as I don't think Leicester are actually that good they are a very efficient attacking side.

Going back to the relegation question, I think Sunderland have actually a very realistic chance of getting out of it. The performance against Emirates Marketing Project should give them some hope and if Defoe keeps finding the net then it isn't impossible. Swansea and Norwich are the two likely to join the scrap. I still see Saudi Sportswashing Machine getting out of it though.

Back