• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Lane, The Finale

lurker of old

Wilson Palacios
Ok, this isn't the OMT for the game where we get to smash Yanited, and go a small way towards eradicating the hurt of the 3-5 and other knives in the soul. (O'Shea wrestling with Edman and conning his way to a penalty comes to mind).

No, this thread is to celebrate the nostalgia fest on the last game: who would YOU like to see at the Lane?
I would love to see the big man, Martin Jol. He got us winning again, got us into Europe again, and had a connection with the fans which was direct and wonderful. If our chairman is as good a negotiator as he appears, he will weave his magic and get the big man back for another chant of "he's got no hair".

Keith Burkinshaw. His first season as manager was the same season as my first visits to the Lane.
I'm sure he would look at us now and recognise that there is football club here now.

And everyone from the UEFA Cup winning team in 1984.

Ally dingdong, take a bow!!!!!

Ally ding dong, take a bow!!!!!

Ha! I'd forgotten about Ally. (And love the swear filter making him Ally ding dong). I think I used to have a bit of a crush on him. Not sure why, now!
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...lebrates-after-the-uefa-cup-picture-id1630344

Best night ever at the Lane in my era.

There's a lot of players from the 60s/70s/80s either involved with the club as ambassadors or familiar through media activities. I'd love to see some of those who have dropped from the limelight a bit coming back. But I guess there has to be a limit on numbers so it will probably be the more familiar faces/names.

If it's not too stressful for him, seeing Jimmy Greaves there would be fantastic.

Ha! I'd forgotten about Ally. (And love the swear filter making him Ally ding dong). I think I used to have a bit of a crush on him. Not sure why, now!
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...lebrates-after-the-uefa-cup-picture-id1630344

There's a lot of players from the 60s/70s/80s either involved with the club as ambassadors or familiar through media activities. I'd love to see some of those who have dropped from the limelight a bit coming back. But I guess there has to be a limit on numbers so it will probably be the more familiar faces/names.

If it's not too stressful for him, seeing Jimmy Greaves there would be fantastic.
Best night for me too. I couldn't speak for three days from all the shouting (much to the relief of my family and friends).

Steve Archibald.
I appreciate this one as a glaswegian, in the late 80s the BBC did a history of Scottish football and they did an interview with Alfie Conn, at that time the only player to play for both sides of the old firm. The last question was the inevitable which team did you prefer playing for, looking at the camera with a cheeky grin he answered
"Spurs."

Steve Archibald.
I appreciate this one as a glaswegian, in the late 80s the BBC did a history of Scottish football and they did an interview with Alfie Conn, at that time the only player to play for both sides of the old firm. The last question was the inevitable which team did you prefer playing for, looking at the camera with a cheeky grin he answered
"Spurs."
Loved him. Him and Crooksie for the short time they were our front two were absolute dynamite. Crooks was a hell of a player himself!

It was so special, yet even as a teenager, I sensed the melancholy with Burkinshaw...I was gutted when I realized he wasn't staying. I think if he had, we'd have smashed the title the next season. He had a way. I believe he as the closest we ever got to a Sir Bill, but would love the thoughts of those who remember Sir Bill's era too...

...thinking about the superb times I had going home and away in the early 80s, the pride, all of it...this is absolutely as close to that as I have ever felt, because Poch carries himself with the same sense of humility and respect as well as passion and balls.

Invite Keith Burkinshaw, Jimmy Greaves, glenn, ossie, ricky, Pat jennings, Ray clemence, Danny thomas, Mark falco, peter shreeves, steve perryman, david ginola, darren anderton, gazza, chris waddle, Micky hazzard, Clive allen, Paul allen, Tony parkes, Gary lineker. Erik the viking, Ryan mason in fact invite everyone who has played x amount of games for us. Let's give white Hart lane the send of it deserves.

Would be great to have Jol back and Harry deserves it too.

A lot of the legends will be obvious shouts but guys like Tainio, Robbie Keane, would be good to see them.

Also, given how much Jenas shows he clearly loves us when he's on TV...let's bring him into the fold again.

Christian Gross for showing us that public transport is not half as bad as some complain about

Have a Legends match:
  • Ray Clemence
  • Glenn Hoddle
  • Chris Hughton
  • Steve Archibald
  • Mark Falco
  • Steve Perryman
  • Ossie Ardiles
  • Ian Crook
  • Tony Galvin
  • Terry Gibson
  • Paul Miller