• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Two charged over incident in connection with Arsenal’s Özil and Kolasinac

Arsenal announced on Friday the 30-year-old midfielder Özil and the 26-year-old defender Kolasinac would not be in their squad for Sunday’s Premier League opener at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. The club said the players, who were targeted by carjackers in north London last month, had been withdrawn due to “further security incidents”.

It is now known an incident occurred on Thursday, with the Metropolitan Police confirming that two men were arrested. According to reports, the men were arrested after becoming involved in an altercation with security staff outside Özil’s house.

A police statement read: “Two men have been charged under Section 4a of the Public Order Act following an incident in Camden on Thursday, 8 August. Ferhat Ercan, 27, and Salaman Ekinci, 27, were charged on 9 August following the incident and are due to appear at Highbury Corner magistrates’ court on 6 September.”

I can see why this is unsettling. It suggests that the carjacking incident might not have been a random or that the people involved in the carjacking are out for revenge. They can't be sure only two men were involved and might prefer to stay with their families. It could be coincidence but the “further security incidents” suggests some link.

I can see why this is unsettling. It suggests that the carjacking incident might not have been a random or that the people involved in the carjacking are out for revenge. They can't be sure only two men were involved and might prefer to stay with their families. It could be coincidence but the “further security incidents” suggests some link.

There certainly seems to be more to this than meets the eye.

Been watching their game, two poor sides, these are the sort of games I expect them to score at least 3 goals in, probably will in second half.

Arsenal showing how poor their squad players are. Missing key players in midfield and defence. And Aubameyang looks isolated without Lacazette. Saudi Sportswashing Machine the better of the two teams today.

Fairly comfortable for them, Saudi Sportswashing Machine completely toothless and then let Whatshisname completely open to score. Bit dull all round really.

Be easy to write them off looking at that starting 11 but you just know that they'll have a decent season with the new additions. I mean even last season they looked poor and still managed to somehow beat us 4-2 and almost beat us at Wembley. Got to a european final too, they're a fudging irritating club with horrible fans (my mates aside). :p

The news channels are complete idiots.

They filmed his house after it happened and showed where he lived

Wtf

With Ozil apparently there’s some kind of gang thing going on.

Basically the sum of it is the gang wanted Ozil watch, now the gang want everything he has. The gang have been sending threatening online messages to Ozil, Kolasinac and their family. Then on Thursday they arrested two blokes outside Ozil home. A similar thing happened outside Kolasinac.

And now there some kind of Eastern European gang - who may or may not be supporters of Arsenal - who are threatening the gang who are threatening Ozil and Kolasinac ....

Have to admit, I laughed when I saw at least one of the gang members is from Tottenham

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www..../mesut-ozil-sead-kolasinac-under-18902985.amp

Arsenal footballers Mesut Özil and Sead Kolasinac ‘caught in middle of gang dispute’

The Arsenal footballers Mesut Özil and Sead Kolasinac are under 24-hour protection by security guards amid claims that they have been caught up in a war between rival gangs.

Two men were arrested after turning up at Özil’s home near Hampstead Heath, north London, on Thursday. It was claimed that they had an altercation with the footballer’s security staff and were being held on suspected public order offences. Incidents were also reported outside Kolasinac’s home, also in north London.

Both players were left out of the Arsenal squad for yesterday’s 1-0 away win against Saudi Sportswashing Machine because of “further security incidents”. Police said that they had received “credible threats” and the decision not to play them because of this is believed to be unprecedented in English football. The pair were given permission to remain with their families in London.

Last month the players were the victims of a carjacking attempt by an armed gang on mopeds. Footage on social media showed Kolasinac, a German-born Bosnian international, chasing the robbers near Golders Green after getting out of Özil’s Mercedes G-Class 4x4.

Unknown to the footballers, eastern European gangsters are believed to have warned against any future attacks on the pair. This has led to an escalation of threats by a rival gang.

Kolasinac’s wife, Bella, has flown to Germany because of security concerns, according to The Sun on Sunday. A source told the newspaper: “Word came back from the other gangsters that they would not be intimidated. To show they were serious, the thugs issued more threats to the Arsenal players and refused to be cowed. It was thought that originally the robbers wanted their watches but now they have been told that they want everything the pair have.”

After the attempted carjacking Özil, the club’s highest earner with wages of £300,000 a week, and his team-mate took refuge in a Turkish restaurant. No arrests have been made.

There are also claims that the families of Özil, 30, who is German and of Turkish heritage, and Kolasinac, 26, have been targeted online.

When asked how the pair were coping, Unai Emery, 47, Arsenal’s manager, said: “We want to be with them as soon as possible and with normality in training.” Before the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game, Arsenal said: “The welfare of our players and their families is always a top priority and we have taken this decision following discussion with the players.” Emery said that he did not know if the players would be available for Arsenal’s match against Burnley on Saturday.

Two men aged 27 have been charged under the Public Order Act in connection with the incident outside Özil’s home, which he shares with his wife, Amine, 26, who is a former Miss Turkey winner. Ferhat Ercan, of Highgate, and Salaman Ekinci, of Tottenham, are due to appear at Highbury Corner magistrates’ court on September 6.

An interesting thread for anyone curious about the financial aspect of transfers.
Saw this earlier, amortisation is an interesting one as I have felt in the past we have kept players on the books like Bentley and Gomes rather than make a ‘book loss’ on them but in the case of Toby and Eriksen would mean we wouldn’t feel like we lost out if they go on frees as they would only be worth a couple of mill each of you spread their transfer fee over their contracts?

He explains football finances pretty well I think, although I did once have a disagreement with him when he forecast that our new stadium would be worth only an extra £20 million a year in revenue from WHL.

Often found him to be very negative regarding our prospects, especially
the impact of the costs of the new stadium. Just because his favorite team hamstrung themselves for years while paying for theirs, doesn't mean we will.

Often found him to be very negative regarding our prospects, especially
the impact of the costs of the new stadium. Just because his favorite team hamstrung themselves for years while paying for theirs, doesn't mean we will.
This. He tries very hard to come across as impartial, but is always pessimistic with Spurs, or glosses over anything that puts us in a better light than Arsenal. Which is good in a way, better than hyping us up.

Back