• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

the first few times I listened to that I didn't think it was "fat", my wife just suggested it and now I do think that's what it is

Definitely sounds like 'black' rather then 'fat'. Whoever it was will have got away with it unfortunately as if the police took any action it would have resulted in a riot.

I waw walking past the arsenal fan tv at the end of the game and inthink it was pretty stupid for them to be filming there. They had issue at Chelsea away as well. Wouldnt suprise me that some idiot from our lot may have said something stupid but in Robbies latest video he makes out he was in dantes inferno.

Yes. Whilst he should not have to be racially abused, he cannot be surprised to have attracted a hostile reaction filming so close to the ground.

I have no doubt about the fact that there are racists in our fanbase. I'm also inclined to take this bloke at his word when he says he's been racially abused, and I'd like to see his claims investigated and the guilty people duly charged if his allegations are verified. They're no fellow fans of mine, since I'd much prefer to associate with people who don't see me as less than fully human, and who don't realize how their own club has suffered from and been defined by the racism, anti-semitism and bigotry directed at it for almost its entire existence.

However, that video isn't really proof of racial abuse. It was definitely uncalled for, but I hear a lot of 'you fat c*nt' and 'who let the yids out? who? who?' - not racial abuse specifically. If he was abused, it likely wasn't during the time that video was filmed. And, also, filming your dog-and-pony sensationalist crap outside your rivals' ground is generally going to be labelled as a bad idea no matter which clubs are involved.

Also, there's some Arsenal fan on r/soccer giving it large about how our firm used to pick on individuals and 'civilians' back in the 80's instead of just duking it out with the other worthies from the Headhunters or their own firm. And about how we're cowardly in comparison to the big, brave yobs of Chelsea, Arsenal, Millwall et al. Any truth to any of this? He was likely referring to events before my time, and in any case I wouldn't have a ground view given my life overseas.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/com...fan_tv_i_was_racially_abused_today_i/dgyl2ha/

I did hear in the video someone use the word black which you can not do.

They should have just left it at shouting an aggressive "your a cnut" in his face, which I intend to do to every Arsenal fan I know. In fact I quite regularly do this to Southern rail employees and traffic wardens. Can not arrest someone for stating a fact.

I did hear in the video someone use the word black which you can not do.

They should have just left it at shouting an aggressive "your a cnut" in his face, which I intend to do to every Arsenal fan I know. In fact I quite regularly do this to Southern rail employees and traffic wardens. Can not arrest someone for stating a fact.
You sure it's not fat, I listened a few times and would be harder on our own but hear fat

Yeah it's defo that. I mean, don't get me wrong I've seen enough EDL at The Lane to know we have our fair share of utter cretins, but in this instance I'm confident there wasn't racism involved. At least in that vid. I know I'm a bit of a soft touch but I didn't like seeing it regardless, he's just a football fan at the end of the day who made a really rubbish choice at some point in his life.

It's fine when it's a bit of 'epic bantz lolz' but he shouldn't have to feel intimidated. I guess some of the older folk on this forum can set me right on what proper intimidation is at the football!

For me it is a simple rule. In the ground, singing, banter, all good. Never racist. That is a bad, bad line to cross, and I have personally told some people around me to shut it in my time (and would always do so)...outside the ground, unless you intend on getting yourself arrested/beaten, then just make your way home, a bit of a singsong, have a laugh, nothing personal and certainly don't target people. Again, I have stuck up for away supporters before at the Lane in the face of tossers, and would always do it.

For me, this club has always been about quality and class on and off the pitch. I think of us as club ambassadors. As such, tossers targeting individuals mob-handed with no provocation should be rooted out.

I waw walking past the arsenal fan tv at the end of the game and inthink it was pretty stupid for them to be filming there. They had issue at Chelsea away as well. Wouldnt suprise me that some idiot from our lot may have said something stupid but in Robbies latest video he makes out he was in dantes inferno.

Indeed, and I understand that he might've wanted to show a bit more reserve, but (and I'm sure we agree on this) he should still not be singled out and abused. How about letting him film and drowning him out with laughs, grins and Spurs songs; moving him on with pride and glory! In fairness, he looks like he'd deal with that all day!

I walked past that bit; i'm sure all i heard was "You're f-ing shiiiiiit" a common refrain..

Also listening to the video i'm also sure that what is heard is 'fat c-nt' and not 'blacl c-nt', plus as others have said 'ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh' is more what i heard (as part of the 'who let the yids out' song);
There were enough black faces in Spurs fans in the vacinity that that'd be unlikely anyway.
Not nice, but not racist

No time for this either. Some of our fans are absolute idiots.
This can be easily be misconstrued as a racist incident especially the way it could be reported abroad. Something along the lines of - " Racist Spurs thugs attack black man at football match"...

Also, considering the fun we get from the AFTV meltdown after most matches, it just doesn't make sense.

Just seen this. I thought it was fat instead of black but if you were a foreigner seeing this in other countries, this could easily be misreported.

Yeah it's defo that. I mean, don't get me wrong I've seen enough EDL at the Lane to know we have our fair share of utter cretins, but in this instance I'm confident there wasn't racism involved. At least in that vid. I know I'm a bit of a soft touch but I didn't like seeing it regardless, he's just a football fan at the end of the day who made a really rubbish choice at some point in his life.

It's fine when it's a bit of 'epic bantz lolz' but he shouldn't have to feel intimidated. I guess some of the older folk on this forum can set me right on what proper intimidation is at the football!

Really? That surprises me. Tottenham is such a multi cultural club. I have never seen any racist issues and never felt unsafe. As you say though with such a large fan base I suppose it is inevitable that we have our fair share of cretins.

Unfortunately it has all just given Robbie a soapbox.

Since when has the club been responsible for security down Tottenham High Road from Seven Sisters? (And why should they be?)

I'm sure Spam and Cheatski fans will be pleased to hear that they "take their lives in their hands" when they come to Spurs!
(So when they start saying we are rascist because Robbie says so, then it follows that he is also right about them being scared to come to the Lane, because Robbie says so).

(And I've changed my mind from last night, in the cold light of morning, it sounds like "fat").

If there was rascist abuse, then he's right to highlight it. It is inexcusable. If.
But everything else he is spouting is hyperbole.

First time I heard Black

Second time fat

It was fat Cnut and it's no worse than some of the abuse I've seen s fans get at other grounds in and outside

I think fair play to him for building his empire but likes wengers it crumbling before him

it's not the clubs job to provide them with a filming location, they are just joe public

our fans shouldn't be bothering rival fans outside the stadium, it's the real world outside, you have to go back to being a human

an arsenal fan should feel just as safe outside our stadium as they do outside of their own

I'm stunned they thought they'd get away with filming at the Lane! What planet are they on, it's not nice, but seriously, get in the real world!!
I'm fairly sure that's the kind of effect he was after. He relies on publicity and his show will die without it.

I suspect he somewhat underestimated the level of response though!

Really? That surprises me. Tottenham is such a multi cultural club. I have never seen any racist issues and never felt unsafe. As you say though with such a large fan base I suppose it is inevitable that we have our fair share of cretins.

Oh we are, and I've seen plenty of our own shoot down a cretin in and outside the ground when they play up. I've never really felt unsafe at the ground, but I've seen/heard enough from a VERY small minority.

Back